GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

looks like a series of fixes will be introduced to reduce the chaos of the present lottery.

starting this year only the top 2 spots will get picked via the lotery.
next year, a team will only be able to move up 10 spots (still too many if you ask me).
and no team can win the draft more than twice in a 5-year span.

I hope the sens don't win the lottery this year.

I imagine a team winning the lottery with another team's pick (ie our SJS pick last year) won't count in the calculous.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

TIM PEEL NEWS

https://www.tsn.ca/campbell-referee-tim-peel-will-no-longer-will-be-working-nhl-games-now-or-in-the-future-1.1612683

He was set to retire on April 24. Sens fans have been telling everyone for a decade how garbage Peel was at his job.

Laughing3

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Best comments were the ones which essentially said that firing Tim Peel for admitting to make-up calls is a make-up call by the NHL.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yep, I don't think he was so much fired for getting caught doing what --every one knows -- every referee is doing. I think they just used it as an excuse to get rid of him, even if only a few games early.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Yep, I don't think he was so much fired for getting caught doing what --every one knows -- every referee is doing.  I think they just used it as an excuse to get rid of him, even if only a few games early.

Did anyone see where they actually fired him. They said he won't ref any more games but there seems to be belief from a lot out there they just let him ride out and retire in april

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:TIM PEEL NEWS

https://www.tsn.ca/campbell-referee-tim-peel-will-no-longer-will-be-working-nhl-games-now-or-in-the-future-1.1612683

He was set to retire on April 24.  Sens fans have been telling everyone for a decade how garbage Peel was at his job.

Laughing3

My thoughts exactly

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
wprager wrote:Yep, I don't think he was so much fired for getting caught doing what --every one knows -- every referee is doing.  I think they just used it as an excuse to get rid of him, even if only a few games early.

Did anyone see where they actually fired him. They said he won't ref any more games but there seems to be belief from a lot out there they just let him ride out and retire in april

Yeah, good point, he's probably not getting fired as I imagine that would have pension implications among other things. I guess they just casually remove him from the work schedule for the next month.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Make him Director of Officiating.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Habs acquire Eric Staal from Buffalo for 3rd and 5th round picks in this year's draft

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Habs acquire Eric Staal from Buffalo for  3rd and 5th round picks in this year's draft

I'm not sure that does enough for them. I still think they are a playoff team but at this point, they're pretenders more than contenders. IMO the best it can do is maybe get them further into the playoffs in order to get their kids to learn a thing or two about competing.
Is Eric really a playoff leader? That's debatable.
Not a big fan of this trade for Montreal. it's not terrible though in term of price.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am pretty excited to see what Buffalo does over the next few months.

a) I keep hearing links between Eichel and the Rangers, and it being an off-season move. He's an elite 1C with a terrible attitude, and a virtually untradeable contract so the Rags have a bit of leverage. My guess is 2021 1st, 2022 2nd, Zib, Kakko, Buchnevich, Hajek, DeAngelo (keep, trade, or waive) out of the deal. Maybe this is a reach but Eichel with Panarin would be deadly.

b) They have Taylor Hall on an expiring contract. Edmonton and Toronto are likely interested, and Buffalo can eat a lot of salary and take salary back to optimize a return. Probably looking at a 1st and an A prospect minimum, maybe even more. I am thinking they along the lines of Robertson or Sandin out of Toronto, or Broberg out of Edmonton.

c) They have a top-five pick, likely a top-two pick, in a LHD heavy draft. They can find a partner for Dahlin, and someone else with a mid-to-late 1st.

Thoughts?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am pretty excited to see what Buffalo does over the next few months.

a) I keep hearing links between Eichel and the Rangers, and it being an off-season move. He's an elite 1C with a terrible attitude, and a virtually untradeable contract so the Rags have a bit of leverage. My guess is 2021 1st, 2022 2nd, Zib, Kakko, Buchnevich, Hajek, DeAngelo (keep, trade, or waive) out of the deal. Maybe this is a reach but Eichel with Panarin would be deadly.

b) They have Taylor Hall on an expiring contract. Edmonton and Toronto are likely interested, and Buffalo can eat a lot of salary and take salary back to optimize a return. Probably looking at a 1st and an A prospect minimum, maybe even more. I am thinking they along the lines of Robertson or Sandin out of Toronto, or Broberg out of Edmonton.

c) They have a top-five pick, likely a top-two pick, in a LHD heavy draft. They can find a partner for Dahlin, and someone else with a mid-to-late 1st.

Thoughts?

A) way too much for Eichel. Not sure why you say his contract untradeable then basically have the rangers give their whole team for him. He would get considerably less than that in return. Unless you meant those are guys you’d consider dealing as part of the package

B) Hall probably won’t get a 1st rounder in return, he’s had an awful season. Maybe a 2nd, maybe a decent prospect

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I am pretty excited to see what Buffalo does over the next few months.

Thoughts?

A) way too much for Eichel. Not sure why you say his contract untradeable then basically have the rangers give their whole team for him. He would get considerably less than that in return. Unless you meant those are guys you’d consider dealing as part of the package

B) Hall probably won’t get a 1st rounder in return, he’s had an awful season. Maybe a 2nd, maybe a decent prospect

My thoughts exactly.

If something happens it will probably be NY’s 1st, Laf/kakko plus another piece.
Eichel has a Dung attitude and most non big market teams should probably stay away as he’s gonna piss and moan until he lands in one of those markets.

As much as I think we need a number 1C, I would be extra weary of the sens trading for Eichel.

I think a lot of people are gonna be surprised at the return for hall. He’s gonna get a 2nd rounder an an average B prospect back.

He’s shown very little since his hart season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Who says Eichel is *elite*? He's a 1LC with lots of red flags. I would not call him elite, but by a long stretch.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

Thoughts?

My thoughts exactly.

If something happens it will probably be NY’s 1st, Laf/kakko plus another piece.
Eichel has a Dung attitude and most non big market teams should probably stay away as he’s gonna piss and moan until he lands in one of those markets.

As much as I think we need a number 1C, I would be extra weary of the sens trading for Eichel.

I think a lot of people are gonna be surprised at the return for hall. He’s gonna get a 2nd rounder an an average B prospect back.

He’s shown very little since his hart season.

I think he was saying you keep those assets OUT of a trade for Eichel, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I would also be weary of Eichel. Tough to say if he's part of the problem in Buffalo or a victim.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ekblad out for the season with a fractured leg. Ouch. Panthers are in trouble.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Gostisbehere on waivers today. kind of a big-ticket on him and hasn't been what was expected of him.
you think without all these cap constraints he'd be picked up though.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Gostisbehere on waivers today. kind of a big-ticket on him and hasn't been what was expected of him.
you think without all these cap constraints he'd be picked up though.

$4.5M until 22/23. Apparently Philly is trying to clear cap space to make a "big move".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum