GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah I heard this. Would be interesting that's for sure. As long as the drafts are independent of one another I would be good with it. If they combine all the players into one draft I'd be upset as a Sens fan that is looking at a top five pick this year and maybe another top-ten the year after.

There's no chance they'd combine the drafts. The logistics of that would be a nightmare.

I am not sure why draft-eligible players would be in favour of this...all it means for them is waiting a full extra year to be drafted. Seems weird to say they'd be in favour of it.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah I heard this. Would be interesting that's for sure. As long as the drafts are independent of one another I would be good with it. If they combine all the players into one draft I'd be upset as a Sens fan that is looking at a top five pick this year and maybe another top-ten the year after.

There's no chance they'd combine the drafts.  The logistics of that would be a nightmare.  

I am not sure why draft-eligible players would be in favour of this...all it means for them is waiting a full extra year to be drafted.  Seems weird to say they'd be in favour of it.

A lot of them would be in favour of it because they have had no chance to show their worth this season. But it will also weed out the players who normally drop in value one year after their draft.

NHL teams would be heavily in favour of this. The draft should be for 19 or 20 year olds anyway.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

There's no chance they'd combine the drafts.  The logistics of that would be a nightmare.  

I am not sure why draft-eligible players would be in favour of this...all it means for them is waiting a full extra year to be drafted.  Seems weird to say they'd be in favour of it.

A lot of them would be in favour of it because they have had no chance to show their worth this season. But it will also weed out the players who normally drop in value one year after their draft.

NHL teams would be heavily in favour of this. The draft should be for 19 or 20 year olds anyway.

I agree. 18 is way too young especially for the players themselves

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah and it’s not a novel idea. The 19 year old draft has been floated as an idea for years.
Apperently it’s the NHLPA that is the biggest stumbling block to it ever happening.

They could have rules like if you want to draft an 18 year old, it has to be under exceptional status and only in the 1st round.

That would give those special talents a chance to leap into the NHL but also let some late bloomers a chance to surge into the 1st round also.
I say make it happen.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I think 19 is fair. It gives NCAA a year in college, CHL players a year to graduate high school and maybe even purse post-secondary education part-time, etc. It's a lot of pressure on an 18 year old no matter how you look at it.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think 19 is fair. It gives NCAA a year in college, CHL players a year to graduate high school and maybe even purse post-secondary education part-time, etc. It's a lot of pressure on an 18 year old no matter how you look at it.

i think the only opposition to this is the NHLPA. all the other leagues would prefer it to go this way.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I think 19 is fair. It gives NCAA a year in college, CHL players a year to graduate high school and maybe even purse post-secondary education part-time, etc. It's a lot of pressure on an 18 year old no matter how you look at it.

i think the only opposition to this is the NHLPA. all the other leagues would prefer it to go this way.

For sure. In the NBA you need to get a special exemption to get drafted out of high school and in the NFL there's no way you don't go to college for at least a few years. MLB drafts high school students but these guys don't actually make the show until 3+ years after the draft and that's if they're lucky. Not sure why the NHL would be any different.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Isnt anyone gonna mention vegas’ new helmets? 😂😂😂

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Isnt anyone gonna mention vegas’ new helmets? 😂😂😂
Bahahahaha

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mysteriously, the Leafs traded for Galchenyuk yesterday.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I guess they needed to move a couple of contracts, because they could have had him for nothing the day before.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I guess they needed to move a couple of contracts, because they could have had him for nothing the day before.

I'm just curious as to why they wanted him at all.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He can score goals and costs nothing. Goon depth piece for toeonto

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He can score goals and costs nothing. Goon depth piece for toeonto

Oh, come on! Ev types "carpet" instead of "Calder" and there's at least three replies. DWC gets away with nothing?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He can score goals and costs nothing. Goon depth piece for toeonto

Oh, come on!  Ev types "carpet" instead of "Calder" and there's at least three replies.  DWC gets away with nothing?

Auto correct on here is brutal

Side note, Balcers with 3 points in 7 games

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What would it take for you to take on Duchenrs contract.

I don’t think he’s playing on the right team for what he does.

I’d be intrigued if you could shave 2 or 2.5m by Nashville retaining him. Then you caption maybe get him traded for Logan Brown and a 2nd rounder.
He’s not trade as le right now.
This gets it done. You pray to god he comes back the Duchesne he left.

He’s not gonna do Dung with who he’s playing now and with that team.

Thoughts?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:What would it take for you to take on Duchenrs contract.

I’d be intrigued if you could shave 2 or 2.5m by Nashville retaining him. Then you caption maybe get him traded for Logan  Brown and a 2nd rounder.

Thoughts?

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about. Matt Duchene? You'd have to be out of your Cussing mind to come anywhere close to that contract.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:What would it take for you to take on Duchenrs contract.

I’d be intrigued if you could shave 2 or 2.5m by Nashville retaining him. Then you caption maybe get him traded for Logan  Brown and a 2nd rounder.

Thoughts?

I'm not entirely sure what you're talking about.  Matt Duchene?  You'd have to be out of your Cussing mind to come anywhere close to that contract.  

i know the optics don't look good as far as what has happened to him in Nashville but i don't believe we're seeing the player he is and can be. I think he could easily become a top 2 line C again in Ottawa and if those roles fill out internally he is capable of playing the wing.
i'd personally like to try it instead of seeing Brown bust. might not even cost a 2nd but it likely would if we'd want them to shave 2.5m of his salary.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum