GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+8
Vandelay
Hobiesens
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
Flo The Action
tim1_2
wprager
Lagoon
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Tony DeAngelo is a massive bunghole and nobody should go anywhere near him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He may be a bunghole but he's better than anything we got (minus Chabot)

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:He may be a bunghole but he's better than anything we got (minus Chabot)

If he didn’t have the recent incident I would agree, but there’s no way they’re taking him on.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's a defensive liability. We have plenty of those.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Islanders-Sabres game postponed.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:He's a defensive liability. We have plenty of those.

Ya but we have defensive liabilities that can't score points haha. Anyway - after a sober second thought I am quite happy we didn't claim him. I didn't realize he had this bad a history of similar offenses. Good riddance

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

More and more players going on the "COVID protocol" list whatever that means, and more and more games getting postponed. Fantasy hockey with weekly matchups is a nightmare this season Laughing3

The brightside of Ottawa being terrible currently is that this season is a complete write-off anyway. Big time asterisks on last seasons' Cup and this season too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:More and more players going on the "COVID protocol" list whatever that means, and more and more games getting postponed.  Fantasy hockey with weekly matchups is a nightmare this season Laughing3

The brightside of Ottawa being terrible currently is that this season is a complete write-off anyway.  Big time asterisks on last seasons' Cup and this season too.

Probably the best team I've ever had fantasy-wise and half my guys aren't playing due to Covid. Super disappointing. 14 team league and came out with:

C: Eichel, Monahan
LW: Connor, Kubalik
RW: Pastrnak, Kaprizov
D: Heiskanen, Girard, Fox, Slavin
G: Price, Mrazek

Bench: Kapanen, Byram, Voracek, Kapanen, Cal Petersen

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Hextal to interview with the pens.
That’s a GM that would fit well in ottawa. Could assemble and keep a good draft team and wouldn’t take any Dung from Melnyk. Well respected around the league.

In other words, would never come to Ottawa.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Hextal to interview with the pens.
That’s a GM that would fit well in ottawa. Could assemble and keep a good draft team and wouldn’t take any Dung from Melnyk. Well respected around the league.

Hahaha, yeah. The whole "wouldn't take any Dung from Melnyk" thing wouldn't play well with...well....Melnyk.

I've said it before...this team ain't winning a Cup under Melnyk. We might get back to being competitive, but we're not getting over the top with him running the show.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

You're probably right. At first I was thinking Hextall was Garth Snow haha

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Hextal to interview with the pens.

Hahaha, yeah.  The whole "wouldn't take any Dung from Melnyk" thing wouldn't play well with...well....Melnyk.

I've said it before...this team ain't winning a Cup under Melnyk.  We might get back to being competitive, but we're not getting over the top with him running the show.

Really depends. Once Ottawa becomes competitive and the arena fills up (it probably will) then Melnyk will likely push to be a winner. He’s cheap but not stupid. I just don’t think he would continuously invest in the team. I’m more concerned with him investing money into the organization in terms of support, scouting and benefits than salary when it comes time.
We’ll likely pay North of 2 million for a coach.

The caveat is that the likelihood of him diminishes if the team becomes good.

We may be stuck with him for longer than we all hope for.
And he is definitely gonna Diddle up any chance of us ever getting a downtown arena

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

I just read this anyone else hear about this or is this just random musings
Dreger on TSN says the NHL is considering moving the 2021 draft to the summer of 2022, holding two drafts back-to-back. NHL GMs are very much in favour of this as are draft eligible players since they have not played much this year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah I heard this. Would be interesting that's for sure. As long as the drafts are independent of one another I would be good with it. If they combine all the players into one draft I'd be upset as a Sens fan that is looking at a top five pick this year and maybe another top-ten the year after.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I just read this anyone else hear about this or is this just random musings
Dreger on TSN says the NHL is considering moving the 2021 draft to the summer of 2022, holding two drafts back-to-back. NHL GMs are very much in favour of this as are draft eligible players since they have not played much this year.

Very odd...

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah I heard this. Would be interesting that's for sure. As long as the drafts are independent of one another I would be good with it. If they combine all the players into one draft I'd be upset as a Sens fan that is looking at a top five pick this year and maybe another top-ten the year after.

There's no chance they'd combine the drafts. The logistics of that would be a nightmare.

I am not sure why draft-eligible players would be in favour of this...all it means for them is waiting a full extra year to be drafted. Seems weird to say they'd be in favour of it.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Yeah I heard this. Would be interesting that's for sure. As long as the drafts are independent of one another I would be good with it. If they combine all the players into one draft I'd be upset as a Sens fan that is looking at a top five pick this year and maybe another top-ten the year after.

There's no chance they'd combine the drafts.  The logistics of that would be a nightmare.  

I am not sure why draft-eligible players would be in favour of this...all it means for them is waiting a full extra year to be drafted.  Seems weird to say they'd be in favour of it.

A lot of them would be in favour of it because they have had no chance to show their worth this season. But it will also weed out the players who normally drop in value one year after their draft.

NHL teams would be heavily in favour of this. The draft should be for 19 or 20 year olds anyway.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

There's no chance they'd combine the drafts.  The logistics of that would be a nightmare.  

I am not sure why draft-eligible players would be in favour of this...all it means for them is waiting a full extra year to be drafted.  Seems weird to say they'd be in favour of it.

A lot of them would be in favour of it because they have had no chance to show their worth this season. But it will also weed out the players who normally drop in value one year after their draft.

NHL teams would be heavily in favour of this. The draft should be for 19 or 20 year olds anyway.

I agree. 18 is way too young especially for the players themselves

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum