GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » The other NHL teams » General Hockey talk » General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 12]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
Ekblad out for the season with a fractured leg. Ouch. Panthers are in trouble.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Gostisbehere on waivers today. kind of a big-ticket on him and hasn't been what was expected of him.
you think without all these cap constraints he'd be picked up though.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Flo The Action wrote:Gostisbehere on waivers today. kind of a big-ticket on him and hasn't been what was expected of him.

$4.5M until 22/23. Apparently Philly is trying to clear cap space to make a "big move".

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:Gostisbehere on waivers today. kind of a big-ticket on him and hasn't been what was expected of him.

$4.5M until 22/23.  Apparently Philly is trying to clear cap space to make a "big move".  

Don't think he gets picked up. However, a Ghost for Zaitsev trade...?

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

$4.5M until 22/23.  Apparently Philly is trying to clear cap space to make a "big move".  

That just makes the situation worse for Philly. If Ottawa was smart, they'd trade for Ghost and make Philly pay a pick to take him....that said, maybe they think he'll just get picked up "for free" from waivers.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

That just makes the situation worse for Philly.  If Ottawa was smart, they'd trade for Ghost and make Philly pay a pick to take him....that said, maybe they think he'll just get picked up "for free" from waivers.

isn't he a LD?
Do we really have room for him? i mean, we've got.... Mike Rielly. Laughing3

i could see a world where he could fit in ottawa. maybe moved again on the last year of his contract.
I doubt ottawa picks him up though. they seen to keep Rielly for some reason... (cheap contract)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
He cleared.

Also sounds like decision day for Pinto and JBD

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Sounds like Kawaguchi is heading to Dallas.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Scheel (UND goalie) also goes to Dallas.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
Isles have acquired forwards Kyle Palmieri & Travis Zajac from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for forwards Greer, Jobst, the #Isles 1st round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft & a conditional 4th round pick in the 2022 NHL Draft

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Isles have acquired forwards Kyle Palmieri & Travis Zajac from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for forwards Greer, Jobst, the #Isles 1st round pick in the 2021 NHL Draft & a conditional 4th round pick in the 2022 NHL Draft
So basically a 1st round pick for sa jac and palmieri.
Greer and joist don’t look like much.

Good deal by Lamoriello

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I like the deal by the Isles but I feel like they are one of these teams that just will never get over the hump and be a legit contender. A for effort though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
tim1_2 wrote:I like the deal by the Isles but I feel like they are one of these teams that just will never get over the hump and be a legit contender.  A for effort though.

I don’t know about that.
I think they are well fit for the playoffs. Probably a lacking a young star forward and another top Dman but they could win a cup the way the blues did or be last years dallas.

I don’t think there’s any team they can’t beat. But they won’t be the constant favourite

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I like the deal by the Isles but I feel like they are one of these teams that just will never get over the hump and be a legit contender.  A for effort though.

I don’t know about that.
I think they are well fit for the playoffs. Probably a lacking a young star forward and another top Dman but they could win a cup the way the blues did or be last years dallas.

I don’t think there’s any team they can’t beat. But they won’t be the constant  favourite

These are Lou's guys - well Zajac anyway. I like the move. Four really strong lines and some really good prospects on their way up (Dobson, Wahlstrom, Bellows, etc). I think they're definitely in a position to make some noise in the playoffs and can beat everyone in their division. I guess this is domino #1 - a little surprised they didn't go after Taylor Hall but I am sure whoever acquires Hall will have buyer's remorse. Maybe he'd fit in well in Colorado or Pittsburgh but whoever acquires him is definitely going to overpay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum