GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommendations on what to watch

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

61Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:14 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wimbledon. Just watched Felix Auger-Aliassime win a five setter to get through to the quarter finals. Fellow Canadian Denis Shapovalov already through to the quarters. Awesome.

62Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:26 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Wimbledon.  Just watched Felix Auger-Aliassime win a five setter to get through to the quarter finals.  Fellow Canadian Denis Shapovalov already through to the quarters.  Awesome.

Italy-Spain tomorrow. Forza Azzurri

63Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:35 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shapovalov plays tomorrow at 8am, and Aliassime plays afterwards. Should be a fine Wednesday of trying to work while keeping one eye on the tennis.

64Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Jul 06, 2021 5:41 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Wimbledon.  Just watched Felix Auger-Aliassime win a five setter to get through to the quarter finals.  Fellow Canadian Denis Shapovalov already through to the quarters.  Awesome.

I get that the game is important so automatically has a high level of drama, but man, what a dull game followed by the worst way to decide anything...penalty kicks. Why don't they at least make players take penalty kicks from further back?

Soccer is so dumb.

65Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:53 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

I get that the game is important so automatically has a high level of drama, but man, what a dull game followed by the worst way to decide anything...penalty kicks.  Why don't they at least make players take penalty kicks from further back?

Soccer is so dumb.

This tournament has been amazing but it was a bit of a dull game. Don’t think you can do much to change that - penalties have been the same spot forever. It’s not like hockey where they can keep playing.

66Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Jul 06, 2021 7:39 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

I get that the game is important so automatically has a high level of drama, but man, what a dull game followed by the worst way to decide anything...penalty kicks.  Why don't they at least make players take penalty kicks from further back?

Soccer is so dumb.

This tournament has been amazing but it was a bit of a dull game. Don’t think you can do much to change that - penalties have been the same spot forever. It’s not like hockey where they can keep playing.

I know...sudden death OT would run the players into the ground...I guess when you're the most popular sport in the world, you don't really need to change. It just ain't for me.

67Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Jul 06, 2021 9:45 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Soccer is so dumb.

I know...sudden death OT would run the players into the ground...I guess when you're the most popular sport in the world, you don't really need to change.  It just ain't for me.

That’s fair. I love it but it’s not for everyone. Maybe if Canada was actually relevant people would care more.

68Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:37 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Soccer is so dumb.

I know...sudden death OT would run the players into the ground...I guess when you're the most popular sport in the world, you don't really need to change.  It just ain't for me.

That’s fair. I love it but it’s not for everyone. Maybe if Canada was actually relevant people would care more.

Yeah, 100%. I always enjoy watching the Canadian women in the Olympics. You're right, if Canada was relevant, I'd watch those games. When is the Championship game?

69Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:08 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
Ev wrote:

Soccer is so dumb.

Yeah, 100%.  I always enjoy watching the Canadian women in the Olympics.  You're right, if Canada was relevant, I'd watch those games.  When is the Championship game?

Sunday at 3

Should be Italy-England but Denmark have been very good

70Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:41 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ted Lasso S2 is out. They are slow rolling it, 1 episode per week.

71Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:19 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Made for Love looked very promising.

72Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:48 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The 3 Fear Street horror movies on Netflix are great.

73Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:46 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Was the third one good? I sort of half watched it in the background and I didn't really get into it

74Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Aug 03, 2021 3:06 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Was the third one good? I sort of half watched it in the background and I didn't really get into it

Yep, quite good.

75Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sat Aug 07, 2021 12:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just started watching Giri/Haji on Netflix. First episode was a little slow but second one was definitely better.

'Giri/Haji' is a Japanese-British series that follows the story of a cop who comes to London in search of his brother who has been charged with murder. It takes a series of twists and turns, revealing corruption and conspiracy within the ranks of the cops as well as the gangsters they are secretly associated with.

76Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Aug 11, 2021 5:26 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's getting really good!

77Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:55 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The survival show Alone. Reality survival done right.

78Recommendations on what to watch - Page 5 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:34 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Not so much what, but how. I've been quite happy with my Roku stick but the old AppleTV-3 in the basement (the only time I "use" it is when my wife has problems with it when she works out) is on its last legs and the built-in "smart tv" functions on the main living room set are getting long in the tooth. So I've been considering at least one upgrade. The latest version of the ChromeCast (with Google TV) is an almost ideal choice. Much more horsepower and RAM than the Roku stick, with a much slicker interface (voice search on the remote, searching across all your free and subscribed services, and the ability to run the Chrome browser for web-based content). Still no micro-SD slot is a pain (the steps to work around that require a USB HUB and a bigger power-source -- doable, if I end up downloading a lot of apps/games). But just recently I heard that Google will be announcing a new streaming platform when the Pixel 6 comes out (likely early October). I would be over the moon if they added a micro-SD slot to this one. On the other hand, the Roku pairs easily with a Roku soundbar (but it costs double, and the soundbar is another $200 or more -- I think I've got a soundbar somewhere I'm not using so I could just feed the TV audio out into that).

So, should I just get the current ChromeCast or wait to see what's new in October?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum