GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommendations on what to watch

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 9]

121Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:57 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

The Roku is faster than the built in smart tv function and the remote is not line of sight, so much nicer than before.

122Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Dec 28, 2021 10:58 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

By the way, if anyone needs the streaming site to get WJC games free, I can DM.

123Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:52 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev, started watching that Mare of Easttown show. Good god it's depressing...but really good.

124Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:28 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:Ev, started watching that Mare of Easttown show.  Good god it's depressing...but really good.

How are you watching it? When I had AppleTV+ it would sometimes come up on a free-trial to whatever premium channel it was on. But I've canceled AppleTV for now (until For All Mankind comes back).

125Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:42 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Ev, started watching that Mare of Easttown show.  Good god it's depressing...but really good.

How are you watching it?  When I had AppleTV+ it would sometimes come up on a free-trial to whatever premium channel it was on.  But I've canceled AppleTV for now (until For All Mankind comes back).

I downloaded it, but I believe it's available through Crave.

126Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu Jan 06, 2022 11:47 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It is a bit depressing but it’s a damn good show. Winslet nails her role.

I need to watch book of boba fett now

127Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

When Outlander's next season comes out in March I'll finally be able to convince my better half to (temporarily) swap in Crave for Netflix; I'll look for it, then.

I find it odd how there are some shows available on multiple streaming services here, in Canada. I don't believe that was the case a year or two ago. Right now, for example, Superstore is available on both Netflix and Prime (although only one of them has the last season). Parks&Rec is also available on both (or at least it was, recently). The new FireTV 4K kinda tries to aggregate all the feeds but it often "finds" pay-per-view options on Amazon Prime which are available for free (or already paid-for) on other services. This was the main reason I wanted to get a ChromeCast with Google TV as, apparently, they do a good job of putting all available content in one place.

128Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:15 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah the content/streaming wars are firing up. Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney, Paramount Plus, Crave, etc etc.... And for sports, there are lots of options...UFC has their own service, WWE has their own service, Sportsnet and TSN have their own subscriptions, DAZN for NFL and other random stuff, NHL, MLB, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if cable and satellite seize this opportunity and drop their prices a bit to actually be more affordable and bring people back.

129Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:39 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I just find out that The Americans is on Disney. Always wanted to watch that show but missed my chance when they took it off Netflix or Prime. Pretty good so far.

130Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:52 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:I just find out that The Americans is on Disney. Always wanted to watch that show but missed my chance when they took it off Netflix or Prime. Pretty good so far.

You'll love it, especially because of the Russia ties and 80s technology. It's great.

131Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:06 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Half way through the pilot my daughter asked me if *I* was a Russian sleeper agent (I was 12 when I left, so probably not -- or, at least I, haven't been activated yet).

132Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:23 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Half way through the pilot my daughter asked me if *I* was a Russian sleeper agent (I was 12 when I left, so probably not -- or, at least I, haven't been activated yet).

You can't prove you're NOT a sleeper agent. Ahhhhh!

133Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I don't sleep much, tovarisch.

134Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:50 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Finished Mare of Easttown. Great show, probably tried a little too hard to be depressing. Really enjoyed the dark comedy (mainly the interactions between Mare and her Mom). Really liked that it was nice and short at 7 episodes.

135Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:17 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been re-watching Mrs. Maizel. I must have been falling asleep the first time because I have zero recollection of many scenes. Excellent show.

136Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:22 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've binged through Last Man on Earth. What a weird little show. Quite enjoyable.

137Recommendations on what to watch - Page 9 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Got a new TV for the bedroom and boy does it look so much better (from a 42" 720p set to a 55" Sony Bravia 120Hz panel). Now I can finally watch the last season of The Expanse. First time owning a Sony and, while I still think they are overpriced, that $190 off at Costco certainly made it less so. And the speakers are quite acceptable (much better than any other flat screen I've listened to).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum