GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Recommendations on what to watch

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 9]

46Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:10 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I'm re-watching Ted Lasso and enjoying it even more the second time around.

47Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:51 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Didn't feel like watching the Oscars last night as I normally make a point of doing, so I watched Nomadland instead. Fantastic flick. I had it downloaded, but I think you can watch it on Disney+ Star (an extra add-on I believe).

Frances McDormand is amazing in it, as she usually is.

48Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:10 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

I watched the first episode of Shadow and Bone. It was pretty good (even though the main cast is a bunch of 20-something never-heard-ofs). Lots of Russian-sounding names and the costumes have a very post-revolutionary-Russia vibe. I really don't understand why because the guy who wrote the books certainly doesn't sound Russian.

49Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 7:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Shadow and Bone on Netflix. Imagine something like GoT (without the gratuitous nudity and incest) but set in something resembling pre Revolutionary Russia.

Nah, it's not really like that. But it's pretty good.

50Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 10:06 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I've heard good things about Shadow and Bone. Too bad there's no gratuitous nudity and incest, but I guess I'll make do without that.

51Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 1:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They keep saying "nudity" in the opening, but 3-4 episodes in I haven't seen any.

52Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mare of Easttown is sick

53Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 2:26 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:Mare of Easttown is sick

Hadn't heard of it until now. The reviews are great. I'll add it to my list!

54Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 9:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:Mare of Easttown is sick

When we finally swap out Netflix for Crave I'm looking forward to that one. Saw the trailer. Would not have recognized Winslet if I didn't know she was in it.

55Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sat May 29, 2021 3:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Kominsky Method S3 finally dropped. Have to admit, I miss Alan Arkin. Great seeing Kathleen Turner again (but, boy, she's changed since Body Heat).

56Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:01 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Started watching "Lupin" on Netflix. French show loosely based on the Arsene Lupin "Gentleman Burglar" book (not really "based on" but the main character was given that book when he was young and grew up pretty much like that character). If you like heist movies this will be for you..

57Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Heads up, final season of Bosch starts tomorrow.

The (as yet untitled) spinoff will be on IMDB Tv, not Prime. That's all we need - another streaming service.

58Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:55 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I only made it through a couple seasons of Bosch. Just kinda got repetitive to me. I dunno, maybe things pick up in the later seasons.

59Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sat Jun 26, 2021 2:40 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I've been watching another Icelandic show on Netflix -- Katla. Not as good as Trapped was but still nicely creepy. But something tells me the ending will be a bit of a groaner. Trapped is still highly recommended.

60Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:43 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I watched "Kid Cannabis" on Amazon Prime last night. Pretty hilarious and wild, based on a true story. Recommended viewing while under the influence.

61Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Jul 05, 2021 3:14 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Wimbledon. Just watched Felix Auger-Aliassime win a five setter to get through to the quarter finals. Fellow Canadian Denis Shapovalov already through to the quarters. Awesome.

62Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:26 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Wimbledon.  Just watched Felix Auger-Aliassime win a five setter to get through to the quarter finals.  Fellow Canadian Denis Shapovalov already through to the quarters.  Awesome.

Italy-Spain tomorrow. Forza Azzurri

63Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Tue Jul 06, 2021 12:35 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Shapovalov plays tomorrow at 8am, and Aliassime plays afterwards. Should be a fine Wednesday of trying to work while keeping one eye on the tennis.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum