GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Alphabet soup + Anouncements! » The Lounge » Recommendations on what to watch

Recommendations on what to watch

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

46Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:10 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I'm re-watching Ted Lasso and enjoying it even more the second time around.

47Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Apr 26, 2021 12:51 pm

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Didn't feel like watching the Oscars last night as I normally make a point of doing, so I watched Nomadland instead. Fantastic flick. I had it downloaded, but I think you can watch it on Disney+ Star (an extra add-on I believe).

Frances McDormand is amazing in it, as she usually is.

48Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Mon Apr 26, 2021 5:10 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator
I watched the first episode of Shadow and Bone. It was pretty good (even though the main cast is a bunch of 20-something never-heard-ofs). Lots of Russian-sounding names and the costumes have a very post-revolutionary-Russia vibe. I really don't understand why because the guy who wrote the books certainly doesn't sound Russian.

49Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 7:43 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Shadow and Bone on Netflix. Imagine something like GoT (without the gratuitous nudity and incest) but set in something resembling pre Revolutionary Russia.

Nah, it's not really like that. But it's pretty good.

50Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 10:06 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Yeah, I've heard good things about Shadow and Bone. Too bad there's no gratuitous nudity and incest, but I guess I'll make do without that.

51Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 1:51 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
They keep saying "nudity" in the opening, but 3-4 episodes in I haven't seen any.

52Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 2:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Mare of Easttown is sick

53Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 2:26 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Mare of Easttown is sick

Hadn't heard of it until now. The reviews are great. I'll add it to my list!

54Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Thu May 27, 2021 9:27 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Ev wrote:Mare of Easttown is sick

When we finally swap out Netflix for Crave I'm looking forward to that one. Saw the trailer. Would not have recognized Winslet if I didn't know she was in it.

55Recommendations on what to watch - Page 4 Empty Re: Recommendations on what to watch Sat May 29, 2021 3:32 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
The Kominsky Method S3 finally dropped. Have to admit, I miss Alan Arkin. Great seeing Kathleen Turner again (but, boy, she's changed since Body Heat).

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Started watching "Lupin" on Netflix. French show loosely based on the Arsene Lupin "Gentleman Burglar" book (not really "based on" but the main character was given that book when he was young and grew up pretty much like that character). If you like heist movies this will be for you..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum