I would guess (and probably be wrong) Wolanin will come out for Reilly and Anisimov for White. Can't really think of much else Smith might do.
Brady Tkachuk-Josh Norris-Drake Batherson
Tim Stuetzle-Derek Stepan-Evgenii Dadonov
Nick Paul-Chris Tierney-Connor Brown
Cedric Paquette-Artem Anisimov-Austin Watson
Thomas Chabot-Erik Gudbranson
Christian Wolanin-Nikita Zaitsev
Braydon Coburn-Josh Brown
Matt Murray-Marcus Hogberg
Takeaways from yesterday:
- Zaitsev started off a giveaway machine and then suddenly woke up and found himself in the center of a Sens win.
- Wolanin looked like he hadn't played in...over a year
- Too many guys carried the load, but honorable mentions to: Paul, Norris, Batherson, Tkachuk the Bully, Stepan, Tierney, J Brown, Gudbranson, C Brown
- Stutzle made his debut, but wasn't deployed on the PP or PK, so didn't get a chance to really shine. A couple of nifty plays from the 19 year old and no real lapses at all. Played just over 12 minutes with 1 shot
- Coburn looked solid. Hard to believe...but it's true. Him, Brown and Gudbranson are big, mobile dudes. They have to play nasty to be effective - and they did last night.
- Austin Watson is a big pain in the arse. Scored a nice goal, but was central to a lot of Leaf miseries last night. Only credited with 1 hit in 12 minutes, but he was everywhere.
- Tkachuk is a true power forward. We knew this, but he toyed with Brodie in front of the net like a human would play with a cat. Just...messed with him. Also pummeled Tavares in the 2nd.
- Congrats to Matt Murray on his first win. He was there when he was needed.
- Batherson looks like the real deal.
Okay, so that's over with. I full expect to be spanked tonight. We're a blue collar team and we work hard obviously, but there is a LOT of skill over on the blue side. However...you never know!