GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I bet he gets waived

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:So...stepan has asked out and we're trying to trade him says friedman.  Who in the world could take that cap hit?  And why?

well that's a reliable source.

we'll likely get pennies on the dollar on that one.
by the sounds of it they also want to trade someone on the D.
I don't know who that could be outside of the players playing now.
they tried waiving coburn. doubt anyone will bite on Brown. and if they did, we'd again get a lower return.

will be interesting to see Dorion explain himself out of this one.
i'm sure he's the one already floating the reason they want to move stepan is to accommodate his wishes to be with his family.

Ahahahah after some people here shat all over Kypreos for saying Stepan wanted out.  Like he made it up for no reason.

well if you're constantly wrong but get one thing wrong. you're bound to be called a clown

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Hopefully it's a 1 for 1 for someone who can still play

I think we may have to end up with a similar reclamation project. a player performing below expectations.

probably a 1 for 1.

I wonder if we might end up with a Brandon Sutter out of vancouver.

Last edited by Flo The Action on Sun Feb 07, 2021 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

I think we may have to end up with a similar reclamation project. a player performing below expectations.

probably a 1 for 1.

I wonder if we might end up with a Brandon Suter out of vancouver.
Anyone would be better.  No one would br better.  Waive him and mutually terminate the contract.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

probably a 1 for 1.

Anyone would be better.  No one would br better.  Waive him and mutually terminate the contract.

They won't trade him within Canada. The whole thing is about him being closer to his family.

Anyway, I agree. Waive and mutually terminate the contract. He already got his bonus this year and he's playing for peanuts anyway. Let him sign a $1M contract where he wants. Dorion has to eat dung on this one but he can save a little face I suppose

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

probably a 1 for 1.

They won't trade him within Canada. The whole thing is about him being closer to his family.

Anyway, I agree. Waive and mutually terminate the contract. He already got his bonus this year and he's playing for peanuts anyway. Let him sign a $1M contract where he wants. Dorion has to eat dung on this one but he can save a little face I suppose

Eat Dung indeed.  What a trade.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So, Thursday for Brown's debut?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

probably a 1 for 1.

Eat Dung indeed.  What a trade.

He'll talk about how this season is strange because of COVID, how playing in Canada has its challenges, and how Stepan was committed to coming in and helping but decided that family was more important. also how we acquired a 2nd from tampa so losing the pick isn't a huge deal blah blah blah.

At the end of the day we will end up moving Paquette, Reilly, Coburn for a couple pieces so it's not a huge deal but it was a move that never needed to happen.

I expect a Stepan announcement tomorrow and Brown to be in the lineup tomorrow night.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Oh well. Murray gave us a chance to win.

The sens still making the nervous plays that just lead to giveaways.
Things are getting better though.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We didnt put much pressure on Smith is my complaint. Played as safe as possible. Still good showing

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stepan wasn't on the ice on practice yesterday, Logan Brown was. Should see #27(?) in the lineup.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Stepan wasn't on the ice on practice yesterday, Logan Brown was. Should see #27(?) in the lineup.

Stepan played last night.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Oh well. Murray gave us a chance to win.

The sens still making the nervous plays that just lead to giveaways.
Things are getting better though.

Norris is starting to struggle. Maybe we see him come out for a few games and Logan Brown come in?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd also be more than willing to bump Galchenyuk out of the lineup and put Norris on the wing.

Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Stutzle-White-Dadonov
Paul-Tierney-C.Brown
Norris-Stepan-Watson

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Brannstrom going on the IR, Wolanin returning to the lineup. Poor Brannstrom, that sucks.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Brannstrom going on the IR, Wolanin returning to the lineup.  Poor Brannstrom, that sucks.
Ugh

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think that if Norris struggles they might bump him down a little on the lines.
a guy like Tierney, WHite or even squeeze in Stepan ona short term fix could aleviate Norris for the time being.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd also be more than willing to bump Galchenyuk out of the lineup and put Norris on the wing.

Tkachuk-Brown-Batherson
Stutzle-White-Dadonov
Paul-Tierney-C.Brown
Norris-Stepan-Watson

is that the line-up that was announced for tonight?

Brown on the first line is a hell of a reach on the first couple of games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49 ... 57 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum