GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Unless wifi at the QCE is good enough for streaming TSN. But I have a feeling they may not want me to watch a game starting at 10pm (and since they are kicking me out at 5:30 Sunday morning I'm probably better off getting to bed early.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What is QCE?

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:What is QCE?

A typo.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

New lines at practice.

Tkachuk – Norris – Batherson
Paul – White – Dadonov
Stützle – Tierney – C.Brown
Paquette – Stepan – Watson.

I like white getting another chance to produce with better line mates but I hope that if that doesn’t work out they might try him on the wing. I think he’d be better there. Stepan also needs a more productive linemate than Paquette. Watson can score so I think he’s good but it’s still a waste of a player like Stepan on the 4rth line.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Chabot – Zaitsev
Reilly – Gudbranson
Wolanin – Coburn
Zub – J.Brown

That is a brutal D to look at. I still have faith Wolanin can put it together. He really hasn’t played in almost two years. Reilly shouldn’t even be in the top 4. Ever. As it stands right now we have 1 first pairing guy and and 7 6-7th Dmen.
Not good. Not good at all.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Sens should take serious notes from the blue jays for this next off season. Make sure you add stars while your youth are on elcs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:New lines at practice.

Tkachuk – Norris – Batherson
Paul – White – Dadonov
Stützle – Tierney – C.Brown
Paquette – Stepan – Watson.

I like white getting another chance to produce with better line mates but I hope that if that doesn’t work out they might try him on the wing. I think he’d be better there. Stepan also needs a more productive linemate than Paquette. Watson can score so I think he’s good but it’s still a waste of a player like Stepan on the 4rth line.

No Arty Party but we still see Stepan add Paquette.

Stepan was brought in for help at center. He's exactly at 50% but he's 0 for 4 short handed. That's when he's out there against the top lines. Next six games on the road I bet his overall win percentage will go down.

Paquette has zero points and is tied for team-worst -5, yet he's only missed 1 game (think he was injured).

Paul leads the team in points, +/- and it's 8th in TOI among forwards. 3rd liner minutes.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I like that Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson line. The rest is a melting pot of Dung right now, I feel bad for Timmy. Imagine being Derek Stepan and you sign here for $5M and play on the 4th line with Paquette and Watson? Jeeze, thanks for ending my career, Sens.

It's a shame to see Formenton and Logan Brown not even on the taxi squad, as those are two guys we might as well be getting a look at right now. And while I know Egor Sokolov is likely a long shot to be a regular NHLer, it'd even be nice for him to be getting some ice time right now. He's huge and he was an overager, so at 20 years old it's not like he's a fresh faced 18 year old rookie.

What's the point of having vets to "insulate" the kids if we're getting shelled anyways.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:I like that Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson line.  The rest is a melting pot of Dung right now, I feel bad for Timmy.  Imagine being Derek Stepan and you sign here for $5M and play on the 4th line with Paquette and Watson?  Jeeze, thanks for ending my career, Sens.  

It's a shame to see Formenton and Logan Brown not even on the taxi squad, as those are two guys we might as well be getting a look at right now.  And while I know Egor Sokolov is likely a long shot to be a regular NHLer, it'd even be nice for him to be getting some ice time right now.  He's huge and he was an overager, so at 20 years old it's not like he's a fresh faced 18 year old rookie.

What's the point of having vets to "insulate" the kids if we're getting shelled anyways.

The Chuk Norris line.

personally, I'd rather have Formenton and Brown in the AHL if they're just gonna sit on the taxi squad. the AHL should get underways now and I imagine they've been practicing ever since so they should be ready to hit the Go button once that season is underway.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Jaros to the sharks for a 7th and Jack Kopacka

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's was killing it in the ECHL last year. Wow. Hope the 7th works out.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder if Jaros was voicing his discontent at not making the big club and it wasn’t the kind of voice they wanted in the locker room.
As much as we once thought he could be an NHLer, it hadn’t looked like that in a while.
It’s a 7th rounder Shrug‍�

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This division is gonna be brutal for us this year. Playing the same opponent a few times in a row will probably favour the better teams with giving them the added ability to figure the team out.
Suddenly Detroit’s season last year is looking like something we might be able to match.

Top 3 pick fo sho

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm already looking at the draft crop in that range for next year Facepalm.

I can see the sens aiming for Brandt Clarke. Ottawa native, RHD. Obvious need on the right side to play on the first pairing.
Obviously, we need an elite C but we whiffed on that this year(i still maintain Stutzle will play wing).
I don't see any clear cut guy in this class that is that. Maybe Atu, but his stock is dropping. he could be that number 1 guy and sounds like a sens type of player. they just won't pass on so many Dmen to draft him and i don't see Dorion trading down (although that's exactly what he should do)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Probably close to time for Dorion to hit the bricks.

Stepan for a 2nd- terrible use of assets

Brown for a 4th - why?

Gudbranson- it's Brown or Gudbranson, surely not both

Jaros traded for nothing 

Allowing reilly to be in the league

Only thing he did right was watson and the benefit of the doubt for murray, which was a gamble.

I drank the kool aid this off season, but somehow he Cussed the defence up worse than it was.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:I'm already looking at the draft crop in that range for next year Facepalm.

I can see the sens aiming for Brandt Clarke. Ottawa native, RHD. Obvious need on the right side to play on the first pairing.
Obviously, we need an elite C but we whiffed on that this year(i still maintain Stutzle will play wing).
I don't see any clear cut guy in this class that is that. Maybe Atu, but his stock is dropping. he could be that number 1 guy and sounds like a sens type of player. they just won't pass on so many Dmen to draft him and i don't see Dorion trading down (although that's exactly what he should do)

- Power
- Beniers
Raty

Power would be filthy.  A left handed D and Sanderson can and likes playing right?  Ok...

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

There's no way Dorion isn't sweating a bit right now...

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:I'm already looking at the draft crop in that range for next year Facepalm.

They didn’t wiff on their top two picks this year. Anyone watching the games and not understanding what Sanderson will do for this team doesn’t get it. He’s going to be dominant for us.

I don’t care about the draft yet to be honest. Way too early

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40 ... 53 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum