GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What an over the top, stupid reaction to sending a 2nd round pick for a veteran. Only a full out troll would find only the negatives and not bother looking at both sides and i wouldn't expect less from our resident creature under the bridge.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:What an over the top, stupid reaction to sending a 2nd round pick for a veteran. Only a full out troll would find only the negatives and not bother looking at both sides and i wouldn't expect less from our resident creature under the bridge.

I don’t mind if somebody doesn’t like the move or disagrees with me. I’m just wondering what this 2020 thing means

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What an over the top, stupid reaction to sending a 2nd round pick for a veteran.  Only a full out troll would find only the negatives and not bother looking at both sides and i wouldn't expect less from our resident creature under the bridge.

I don’t mind if somebody doesn’t like the move or disagrees with me. I’m just wondering what this 2020 thing means

If someone goes off like that, usually they're smart enough to explain why. The 2020 is just another in a long line of stupid things the poster spouts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

See that's my concern too. Pump browns tires then bring in a player to bury him. Unless the plan is to move white to the wing ?

Tkachuk-Stepan-Dadonov
Stutzle-Tierney-White
C.Brown-L.Brown-Batherson
Paul- Anisimov-Watson

Means Balcers , Norris , abramov, galchenyuk, formenton, chlapik are all off the starting roster. If they're on the taxi squad it means maybe they get into 50% of the games ?

I'm just not sure why we gave up a 2nd when we already hit the cap floor and were blocking a prospect from earning a spot. Also didnt dorion say the team they had on place was the teqm that would be playing opening night ? So what changed? Was he using the media to lessen the value of Stepan to a 2nd? Why did no other team jump at the opportunity to get him ?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'm just not understanding the move both from a timing, value and opportunity perspective. I was fully anticipating a team would get a pick for taking Stepan, especially when Murray went for a 5th and Schmidt for a 3rd

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

https://mobile.twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1343054587410997248

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:See that's my concern too. Pump browns tires then bring in a player to bury him. Unless the plan is to move white to the wing ?

Tkachuk-Stepan-Dadonov
Stutzle-Tierney-White
Paul- Anisimov-Watson

Means Balcers , Norris , abramov, galchenyuk, formenton, chlapik are all off the starting roster. If they're on the taxi squad it means maybe they get into 50% of the games ?

I'm just not sure why we gave up a 2nd when we already hit the cap floor and were blocking a prospect from earning a spot. Also didnt dorion say the team they had on place was the teqm that would be playing opening night ? So what changed? Was he using the media to lessen the value of Stepan to a 2nd? Why did no other team jump at the opportunity to get him ?

Naw I see White at C and Anisimov on the taxi squad, with Norris or brown playing C as well. Galchenyuk will start in the lineup but will also be one of the guys who can rotate in and out along with the others you mentioned. I don’t think balcers and chlapik have a future here so I don’t think they’re important to be honest.

brown is a RW.

Maybe a guy like Anisimov opts out even. I’m pretty sure you get your full salary if you opt out but could be wrong there. Maybe he is going to opt out and that’s why they acted now. I’m not sure, I doubt it.

If I had to be this would be the lineup to start (line combos and order not important)

Tkachuk- Stepan-Batherson
Stutzle-Tierney-Dadonov
Paul-White-Watson
Galchenyuk-Norris/Brown-Brown

Chabot-Gudbranson
Brannstrom-Brown
Wolanin-Zaitsev/Zub

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I also think white winds up a winger. Even long term. I’m not sure he’s cut out to be an effective top 6 C but could possibly develop into a decent top 6 winger or scoring top9 winger.
I just hope one of Norris or Brown gets a decent chance to make the team. I’m sure Norris is more than a little annoyed at his chances of making the team decreasing by the week by having vets fil the position after the year he had.

This team won’t look the same by the end of the season. I expect 2 or more players traded by the trade deadline.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Stuetzle officially signs and be here for camp once finished at the WJC https://t.co/psfo6sxjVk?amp=1

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think they want to keep Belleville competitive following the Detroit mantra of overripe vs underdeveloped. Top six in the coming years will be Tkachuk, Dadonov, Stützle, Batherson, White and one of Norris and L. Brown. Those coming up will typically pay in the bottom six, so let them play big, important minutes on Belleville until next year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:See that's my concern too. Pump browns tires then bring in a player to bury him. Unless the plan is to move white to the wing ?

Tkachuk-Stepan-Dadonov
Stutzle-Tierney-White
Paul- Anisimov-Watson

Naw I see White at C and Anisimov on the taxi squad, with Norris or brown playing C as well. Galchenyuk will start in the lineup but will also be one of the guys who can rotate in and out along with the others you mentioned. I don’t think balcers and chlapik have a future here so I don’t think they’re important to be honest.

brown is a RW.

Maybe a guy like Anisimov opts out even. I’m pretty sure you get your full salary if you opt out but could be wrong there. Maybe he is going to opt out and that’s why they acted now. I’m not sure, I doubt it.

If I had to be this would be the lineup to start (line combos and order not important)

Stutzle-Tierney-Dadonov
Paul-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Brannstrom-Brown
Wolanin-Zaitsev/Zub

Worst 3rd line in the NHL by far

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

By trade deadline day, assuming they are sellers*, they can move Galchenuyk, Tierney, Stepan, Anisimov and maybe others, and bring up a rotation of Balcers, Chlapik, Formenton, L. Brown, Sokolov, Abramov and even an NCAA UFA.

* I'm still not convinced we're finishing last in the North.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Stützle just signed his ELC. Strap on!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:I think they want to keep Belleville competitive following the Detroit mantra of overripe vs underdeveloped. Top six in the coming years will be Tkachuk, Dadonov, Stützle, Batherson, White and one of Norris and L. Brown. Those coming up will typically pay in the bottom six, so let them play big, important minutes on Belleville until next year.

They want to keep Belleville competitive? That could be one of the strangest justifications of another terrible Dorion trade. The AHL may not even happen this year, so that would be hilarious if that was an actual thought process, but whatever you need to instantly love Sens moves and players blindly, have at it.

The reality is Arizona should’ve added a 2nd to Stepan to get rid of a bad contract. The reason Ottawa “won” the debacle of Stepan and his contract is Melnyk values players differently due to his fixation on money (2M salary vs 6.5M cap hit) and Dorion is spineless. So instead of taking advantage of other teams, the Sens are the first team to strike the match and keep getting burned by their own flame, misfortune and ineptness.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Stützle just signed his ELC. Strap on!

Yippee, Calder candidate and 3rd best player in 5 years.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:

Tkachuk-Stepan-Dadonov
Stutzle-Tierney-White
Paul- Anisimov-Watson

brown is a RW.

Stutzle-Tierney-Dadonov
Paul-White-Watson

Chabot-Gudbranson
Brannstrom-Brown
Wolanin-Zaitsev/Zub

Worst 3rd line in the NHL by far

You could have said the same about the 1st, 2nd and 4th lines as well as top pair, 2nd pair and 3rd. Our goalies have Chicago beat so don’t even go there.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sens get some insurance pieces in paquette amd coburn and a 2nd j in exchange for Gaborik and Nilsson who are both on LTIR now

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy crap, that's how you weaponize cap space. A move down of roughly 10 to 12 spaces in the 2nd round for Stepan, Paquette and Coburn.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum