GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+7
wprager
Flo The Action
Lagoon
tim1_2
PTFlea
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 44 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And Brent Wallace canned by TSN. Soon we'll have no decent reporters left here.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Allegedly the team (Melnyk) had been trying to get TSN to get rid of Wallace for years, so this kind of worked out with Bell having to lay off more people.

https://deadspin.com/im-a-senators-fan-and-this-is-hell-1832971320

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:Coburn is on waivers. Makes sense. He’ll be on the taxi squad

I wonder if this had to do with him looking like a clown on the pool party goal. I still prefer Coburn over Reilly any day of the week

Vandelay

Vandelay
Sophomore
Sophomore

Best news I've heard all day. And yeah, get reilly on there as well.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

From what I hear, Artem Zub has looked ok in his first couple games, which is great news actually. If he gets more comfortable and progresses, maybe he can be a long-term top 4 guy.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Vandelay wrote:

Reilly would be a star in the KHL. He's a good skater but terrible defender and even worse decision maker. I suspect he's next

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

But seriously, Logan Brown just to give the poor guy a shot. Offensive zone starts and PP time. That's all he needs. I'm dying watching Stepan on the PP

Hobiesens

Hobiesens
Sophomore
Sophomore

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Vandelay wrote:

Reilly would be a star in the KHL. He's a good skater but terrible defender and even worse decision maker. I suspect he's next

Make some room for Brannstrom, whatever side he plays on.

Sens Communications
@Media_Sens
· 3h
Roster update: Defenceman Jonathan Aspirot has been re-assigned from the #Sens taxi squad to @BellevilleSens.

In a corresponding move, defenceman Erik Brannstrom has been recalled from Belleville and re-assigned to the #Sens taxi squad.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t mind Rielly because he’s our second best puck mover and skater after Chabot. But it doesn’t really matter if he plays because he won’t be here next year

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lol at Stepan being shopped according to Kipreos.  Who in their right mind would go near that piece of Dung?  Horrible acquisition.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Lol at Stepan being shopped according to Kipreos.  Who in their right mind would go near that piece of Dung?  Horrible acquisition.

it's kyprios though. who knows if it's based on anything resembling truth.

bit early IMO to be shopping him. what would you get? a 5th rounder?
the optics would be terrible.
it's guys like Paquette that could get moved. not for much if anything at all.

i get that everyone wants to see L Brown but the AHL season is about to start. give him 10 games down there to see how hungry he really is.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Lol at Stepan being shopped according to Kipreos.  Who in their right mind would go near that piece of Dung?  Horrible acquisition.

it's kyprios though. who knows if it's based on anything resembling truth.

bit early IMO to be shopping him. what would you get? a 5th rounder?
the optics would be terrible.
it's guys like Paquette that could get moved. not for much if anything at all.

i get that everyone wants to see L Brown but the AHL season is about to start. give him 10 games down there to see how hungry he really is.

I think that's what they'll do with brown amd formenton.

The optics are already terrible on the stepan trade.  You traded for a massive cap hit who sucks and you gave a freaking 2nd rounder. 

Besides, it sounds like Stepan wants out and it further sounds like Smith thinks he sucks too.  So press box or trade.

Turns out Dorion had a fireable off season.  Too stupid to run an nhl team.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why would anyone believe anything kypreos and Maclean say? It doesn’t make any sense that the coach or stepan wouldn’t care for eachother after like three weeks. This is the same guy that said melnyk was going to draft Askarov himself

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Well Stepan hasn't been playing well and was playing on the 4th line so I can definitely see there being a rift between him and DJ. Keep in mind it's players like Stepan who get traded to Ottawa where their career goes to die. This is a big year for Stepan and getting traded, being a minus player, and playing on the fourth line doesn't bode well for a new contract.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:Why would anyone believe anything kypreos and Maclean say? It doesn’t make any sense that the coach or stepan wouldn’t care for eachother after like three weeks. This is the same guy that said melnyk was going to draft Askarov himself
I can buy it personally, but yes, those guys have little credibility

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:Why would anyone believe anything kypreos and Maclean say? It doesn’t make any sense that the coach or stepan wouldn’t care for eachother after like three weeks. This is the same guy that said melnyk was going to draft Askarov himself
I can buy it personally, but yes, those guys have little credibility

He's probably not wrong. The challenge will be finding a taker. Ottawa will need to absorb the maximum amount of his cap hit (and salary) if they want to move him though and given his large cap hit I don't see a lot of teams being interested. Maybe the Rangers would want him back? But we're definitely not recouping a 2nd rd pick for him that's for sure.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Even if you got a 3rd or 4th, the value isn’t that much different. Especially i the draft isn’t happening until next year . But I don’t see him moved until the deadline.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just don’t believe anything that comes out of Kyp. Wannabe insider. Usually wrong

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 44 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 55 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum