GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020

+3
Flo The Action
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 17]

181!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:55 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think there are two camps on here about how the draft was handled. maybe some people in between. 
as it stands the draft is done. picks were made. 
we may not agree on if the right choices were made but this is the prospect we have. 

we'd be better off talking not circling back to the rights and wrong. not for a while anyways. 
i dont agree with many of the picks but i also don't care to talk about it ad nauseum till these players have actually played some NHL games. 

maybe curb this discussion until we can actually have something to compare and some period of time to analyse something that's been done.

i'm not saying stop picking out what Dorion is doing but the draft is already picked apart. lets move on. no?

182!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:00 pm

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ouffff i didn't realize that watson had 3 years left on it.
if it doesn't go well for him in ottawa, he 's gonna be hard to unload. 
his contract isn't much but under melnyk they wouldn't bury him in the minor and he will take up a roster spot. 

one thing is for sure, the young guys will be protected now. 
there's a plan, just not a great one.

183!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:20 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:i think there are two camps on here about how the draft was handled. maybe some people in between. 
we may not agree on if the right choices were made but this is the prospect we have. 

we'd be better off talking not circling back to the rights and wrong. not for a while anyways. 
i dont agree with many of the picks but i also don't care to talk about it ad nauseum till these players have actually played some NHL games. 

maybe curb this discussion until we can actually have something to compare and some period of time to analyse something that's been done.

i'm not saying stop picking out what Dorion is doing but the draft is already picked apart. lets move on. no?

Agreed, it’s time to move on, but there’s a difference in not agreeing with picks and making up fantasies like Raymond would have gone 3rd if it wasn’t the sens picking. It’s pure fantasy and criticizing for no reason.

184!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:22 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:ouffff i didn't realize that watson had 3 years left on it.
if it doesn't go well for him in ottawa, he 's gonna be hard to unload. 
his contract isn't much but under melnyk they wouldn't bury him in the minor and he will take up a roster spot. 

one thing is for sure, the young guys will be protected now. 
there's a plan, just not a great one.

I did not actually mean to dislike your post, I thought that was reply...I think the term is ok because of the cheap amount and we don’t have a RW to take his spot soon. Batherson, Brown, Abramov, and Watson are the only true RW at the moment

185!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:24 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:this team has zero plan for next year. 

a baboon could have done a similar job than Pierre. 
we're gonna finish bottom 5 next year without a doubt and that's counting that some teams in our division might wind up being worst than us. 

but maybe that's fine. we get a better draft pick and the kids get some ice time to prove what they have. 
then we surround the team with better guys. 
too bad Dorion is trading away draft picks like they are worthless. he's such a tool. this will be his last GM job.

And then we draft another D (this time justified) while watching Raymond and Rossi have their first 65 point season.

Too bad the sens took Sanderson over Raymond!!

What you are missing is Raymond should’ve gone 3rd. Yzerman sitting there laughing his Donkey off at Ottawa taking Stutzle.
You’re too much. No he shouldn’t have and Yzerman would have taken Stutzle too, just like 10 out of 10 of the teams polled by Bob McKenzie. You’re kidding yourself and hate that you were wrong, like we all told you. Who knew the obvious and guaranteed scenario would occur.

Oh and he went ahead of Rossi  too, and so did Drysdale, and I’m pretty sure we had an avatar bet.

Ummm, how do you know I’m wrong? That makes no sense. My mock was as accurate as they come and my BPA list can’t be proven yet. Or have you already proclaimed Stutzle the Hart and Sanderson the next 15 Vezina’s because Ottawa drafted them?

186!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:25 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:i think there are two camps on here about how the draft was handled. maybe some people in between. 

Agreed, it’s time to move on, but there’s a difference in not agreeing with picks and making up fantasies like Raymond would have gone 3rd if it wasn’t the sens picking. It’s pure fantasy and criticizing for no reason.

the fact remains that you and Lagoon don't know that. no one knew that Yzerman was gonna pick Raymond so unless someone gets Yzerman or Dorion's little black drafting books. 

the thing that is left to retain is that it's time to move on.

187!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:26 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

we're gonna finish bottom 5 next year without a doubt and that's counting that some teams in our division might wind up being worst than us. 

but maybe that's fine. we get a better draft pick and the kids get some ice time to prove what they have. 
too bad Dorion is trading away draft picks like they are worthless. he's such a tool. this will be his last GM job.

And then we draft another D (this time justified) while watching Raymond and Rossi have their first 65 point season.

What you are missing is Raymond should’ve gone 3rd. Yzerman sitting there laughing his Donkey off at Ottawa taking Stutzle.
You’re too much. No he shouldn’t have and Yzerman would have taken Stutzle too, just like 10 out of 10 of the teams polled by Bob McKenzie. You’re kidding yourself and hate that you were wrong, like we all told you. Who knew the obvious and guaranteed scenario would occur.

Oh and he went ahead of Rossi  too, and so did Drysdale, and I’m pretty sure we had an avatar bet.

Ummm, how do you know I’m wrong? That makes no sense. My mock was as accurate as they come and my BPA list can’t be proven yet. Or have you already proclaimed Stutzle the Hart and Sanderson the next 15 Vezina’s because Ottawa drafted them?

Sanderson won't win the Vezina. won't even be nominated. 
that, i'm willing to bet on. Sarcasm

188!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Yes. I look forward to 2023 at the earliest. Laf, Byfield, Raymond, Rossi, Holtz, Drysdale, Perfetti, Lundell, Stutzle.

189!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

I don’t think I’ll be predicting Sanderson for the Vezina any time soon.

You were 100% wrong when you proclaimed to me and others like Tim that Stutzle wasn’t a lock to go in the top 3. I’m not talking about what they will become or criticizing who you had where in rankings. We told you for months what will happen with the sens pick and you denied it.

190!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:29 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Sanderson won't win the Vezina. won't even be nominated. 
that, i'm willing to bet on. Sarcasm

He’s that good defensively. William Jennings is Ottawa’s from 2020-40 too.

Ev likes this post

191!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

the fact remains that you and Lagoon don't know that. no one knew that Yzerman was gonna pick Raymond so unless someone gets Yzerman or Dorion's little black drafting books. 

Yup.

Ev likes this post

192!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:31 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

When 10/10 scouts in bobs list having Stutzle top 3, you can safely say what would happen if any team was selecting there.

193!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The consensus seems to be that Ottawa knocked it out of the park in round 1 and started round 2 with a solid pick, then flubbed the trade up pick.

Later rounds are harder to determine, but certainly most ade critical of the dman take in round 2.

Yzerman laughing when ottawa took stutzle is so absurd it's trolling. What a ridiculous take lol

194!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:58 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

For Lagoon: https://twitter.com/aj_ranger/status/1315249259239931904

195!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:21 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:For Lagoon: https://twitter.com/aj_ranger/status/1315249259239931904

15 years old. Young offender. No jail time.

196!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:33 am

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If I was a GM with extreme job security, I’d be giving any combination of late 2021 and 2022 picks for early 2023’s. Michkov, Fantilli and Bedard are insane. Lots can change, but Michkov is just fearless already against men. The middle of the ice is his.

I make these kinds of deals all the time in fantasy hockey and that is what keeps me on top.

197!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:51 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Can anyone on here honestly say they’d rather have the 3-headed combination of Brown, Gudbranson and Watson taking up roster space instead of giving a huge offer sheet to all of 3 players I’ve mentioned for months now. Pulock, Sergachev and Cernak. The Isles and TB can’t afford 6.5 for those guys. The compensation is only a 1st and 3rd and 6.5 is not as much as we are paying our new useless three.

198!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 13 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Can anyone on here honestly say they’d rather have the 3-headed combination of Brown, Gudbranson and Watson taking up roster space instead of giving a huge offer sheet to all of 3 players I’ve mentioned for months now. Pulock, Sergachev and Cernak. The Isles and TB can’t afford 6.5 for those guys. The compensation is only a 1st and 3rd and 6.5 is not as much as we are paying our new useless three.

I don’t understand what you mean. You want one of the three? I’d say yes to the first two of course but that would be way too much for Cernak. The players also have to sign the offer sheet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum