GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020

+3
Flo The Action
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 17]

166!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:43 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:I guess the good news is we'll be an absolute pain in the Donkey to play against.

Goal scoring is going to be a huge problem and we have zero experience down the middle

167!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:45 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sens would be wise to trade Anisimov for Stepan + 4th Rd pick

168!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 5:57 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sens would be wise to trade Anisimov for Stepan + 4th Rd pick

So we can acquire Brandan Leipsic with the 4th right after.

169!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:27 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Even if she took blame for the incident you want to set examples for the younger players. Not the right guy to do it imo
I would never support any domestic acts of violence in any way but i have had friends where their female partners have had consumption problems that led to an abusive situation where there was violence on both sides. that to say that these situations aren't always black and white.  
i remember reading about this situation in particular and felt it resembled what my friend went through.

normally you don't ever want to get to that point and the people involved should get help from counseling or whatever but i won't demonize someone or their character based on what this incident seems to say.

i don't think it means he will be bad for us or the room. 

that being said, it's not the type of player we really needed. 
another questionable Dorion move.

170!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:31 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Sens acquire Austin Watson for 4th

Character guy . It's like dorion lives on another planet. Why bring this guy around a bunch of kids?

On June 16, 2018, Watson was arrested in Franklin, Tennessee, on a misdemeanour charge of domestic assault. According to the police report, an officer was flagged down after a witness reported seeing Watson "swat" his girlfriend, Jenn Guardino, and prevent her from leaving the couple's SUV at a gas station.[18] According to the police report, at the time of the incident Watson and Guardino were arguing about her drinking and not being able to attend a wedding.[19] Watson admitted to pushing Guardino and the officer noted red marks on her chest. Guardino denied that Watson had touched her, but later changed her statement and told police that he was responsible for the marks on her chest. Guardino told police that Watson at times "gets handsy" and pleaded with officers not to press charges, fearing damage to his NHL career. The specifics of the "gets handsy" statement were not clarified in the police report. Watson was subsequently charged with suspicion of domestic assault. The police report noted that Guardino became "extremely upset" when Watson was taken into custody.[18]

On July 24, 2018, Watson pleaded no contest to the domestic assault charge. He was sentenced to one-year probation and ordered to complete a 26-week batterer intervention course. Violating his probation could earn Watson up to a year in jail time.[19] As a result of his charge, Watson was suspended by the NHL from all 2018–19 preseason games and 27 regular season games.[20] After appealing his suspension to an independent arbitrator, Watson's suspension was reduced to 18 games.[21]

On October 13, 2018, Guardino issued a statement in which she took full blame for the June 16 incident, claiming that it was not an act of domestic violence and that Watson would never hit or abuse her. She attributed the incident entirely to her own drinking problem. In the public statement, Guardino apologized to everyone involved, including the Predators and the city of Nashville, and thanked Watson for his support

Hilarious when I said I’d rather have Voynov a couple days ago. At least Voynov is a real player. Same police record, but a better player for sure.

completely different situation with voynov. 
he was/is abusive.
i don't want him on the team or around.

171!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:34 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Sens would be wise to trade Anisimov for Stepan + 4th Rd pick

for a second i thought you weren't kidding.  Facepalm

172!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:36 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

this team has zero plan for next year. 

a baboon could have done a similar job than Pierre. 
we're gonna finish bottom 5 next year without a doubt and that's counting that some teams in our division might wind up being worst than us. 

but maybe that's fine. we get a better draft pick and the kids get some ice time to prove what they have. 
then we surround the team with better guys. 
too bad Dorion is trading away draft picks like they are worthless. he's such a tool. this will be his last GM job.

173!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:54 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:this team has zero plan for next year. 

we're gonna finish bottom 5 next year without a doubt and that's counting that some teams in our division might wind up being worst than us. 

but maybe that's fine. we get a better draft pick and the kids get some ice time to prove what they have. 
too bad Dorion is trading away draft picks like they are worthless. he's such a tool. this will be his last GM job.

Next year is simple. They will be playing youth and surrounding them with big tough players. This group will grow together and learn together. It’s all about tkachuk, stutzle, batherson etc. I’ll bet you today we don’t finish bottom 5 though. I’m thinking just above that. This year will be very strange as well.

They are very low value picks. Same as a 6th or 7th for the most part. They basically traded a rental Namestnikov for Austin Watson.

Dorion may not get another GM job but he will be seen as a Bryan Murray builder one day once this team gets good. He should also be retained if we get a new owner to see what he can do without the massive constraints

174!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

for a second i thought you weren't kidding.  Facepalm

He’ll be back if he has a good year in the khl

175!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:Sens acquire Austin Watson for 4th

Character guy . It's like dorion lives on another planet. Why bring this guy around a bunch of kids?

On June 16, 2018, Watson was arrested in Franklin, Tennessee, on a misdemeanour charge of domestic assault. According to the police report, an officer was flagged down after a witness reported seeing Watson "swat" his girlfriend, Jenn Guardino, and prevent her from leaving the couple's SUV at a gas station.[18] According to the police report, at the time of the incident Watson and Guardino were arguing about her drinking and not being able to attend a wedding.[19] Watson admitted to pushing Guardino and the officer noted red marks on her chest. Guardino denied that Watson had touched her, but later changed her statement and told police that he was responsible for the marks on her chest. Guardino told police that Watson at times "gets handsy" and pleaded with officers not to press charges, fearing damage to his NHL career. The specifics of the "gets handsy" statement were not clarified in the police report. Watson was subsequently charged with suspicion of domestic assault. The police report noted that Guardino became "extremely upset" when Watson was taken into custody.[18]

On July 24, 2018, Watson pleaded no contest to the domestic assault charge. He was sentenced to one-year probation and ordered to complete a 26-week batterer intervention course. Violating his probation could earn Watson up to a year in jail time.[19] As a result of his charge, Watson was suspended by the NHL from all 2018–19 preseason games and 27 regular season games.[20] After appealing his suspension to an independent arbitrator, Watson's suspension was reduced to 18 games.[21]

On October 13, 2018, Guardino issued a statement in which she took full blame for the June 16 incident, claiming that it was not an act of domestic violence and that Watson would never hit or abuse her. She attributed the incident entirely to her own drinking problem. In the public statement, Guardino apologized to everyone involved, including the Predators and the city of Nashville, and thanked Watson for his support

Hilarious when I said I’d rather have Voynov a couple days ago. At least Voynov is a real player. Same police record, but a better player for sure.

completely different situation with voynov. 
he was/is abusive.
i don't want him on the team or around.

Yeah, completely different. Voynov will never be back

176!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:22 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

And then we draft another D (this time justified) while watching Raymond and Rossi have their first 65 point season.

177!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 8:36 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

And then we draft another D (this time justified) while watching Raymond and Rossi have their first 65 point season.

Too bad the sens took Sanderson over Raymond!!

178!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:07 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

What you are missing is Raymond should’ve gone 3rd. Yzerman sitting there laughing his Donkey off at Ottawa taking Stutzle.

179!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:41 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

What you are missing is Raymond should’ve gone 3rd. Yzerman sitting there laughing his Donkey off at Ottawa taking Stutzle.
You’re too much. No he shouldn’t have and Yzerman would have taken Stutzle too, just like 10 out of 10 of the teams polled by Bob McKenzie. You’re kidding yourself and hate that you were wrong, like we all told you. Who knew the obvious and guaranteed scenario would occur.

Oh and he went ahead of Rossi too, and so did Drysdale, and I’m pretty sure we had an avatar bet.

180!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Facepalm

181!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:55 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i think there are two camps on here about how the draft was handled. maybe some people in between. 
as it stands the draft is done. picks were made. 
we may not agree on if the right choices were made but this is the prospect we have. 

we'd be better off talking not circling back to the rights and wrong. not for a while anyways. 
i dont agree with many of the picks but i also don't care to talk about it ad nauseum till these players have actually played some NHL games. 

maybe curb this discussion until we can actually have something to compare and some period of time to analyse something that's been done.

i'm not saying stop picking out what Dorion is doing but the draft is already picked apart. lets move on. no?

182!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:00 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

ouffff i didn't realize that watson had 3 years left on it.
if it doesn't go well for him in ottawa, he 's gonna be hard to unload. 
his contract isn't much but under melnyk they wouldn't bury him in the minor and he will take up a roster spot. 

one thing is for sure, the young guys will be protected now. 
there's a plan, just not a great one.

183!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 12 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sat Oct 10, 2020 11:20 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:i think there are two camps on here about how the draft was handled. maybe some people in between. 
as it stands the draft is done. picks were made. 
we may not agree on if the right choices were made but this is the prospect we have. 

we'd be better off talking not circling back to the rights and wrong. not for a while anyways. 
i dont agree with many of the picks but i also don't care to talk about it ad nauseum till these players have actually played some NHL games. 

maybe curb this discussion until we can actually have something to compare and some period of time to analyse something that's been done.

i'm not saying stop picking out what Dorion is doing but the draft is already picked apart. lets move on. no?

Agreed, it’s time to move on, but there’s a difference in not agreeing with picks and making up fantasies like Raymond would have gone 3rd if it wasn’t the sens picking. It’s pure fantasy and criticizing for no reason.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum