GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020

+3
Flo The Action
PTFlea
DefenceWinsChampionships
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 14 of 17]

196!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:33 am

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

If I was a GM with extreme job security, I’d be giving any combination of late 2021 and 2022 picks for early 2023’s. Michkov, Fantilli and Bedard are insane. Lots can change, but Michkov is just fearless already against men. The middle of the ice is his.

I make these kinds of deals all the time in fantasy hockey and that is what keeps me on top.

197!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:51 pm

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Can anyone on here honestly say they’d rather have the 3-headed combination of Brown, Gudbranson and Watson taking up roster space instead of giving a huge offer sheet to all of 3 players I’ve mentioned for months now. Pulock, Sergachev and Cernak. The Isles and TB can’t afford 6.5 for those guys. The compensation is only a 1st and 3rd and 6.5 is not as much as we are paying our new useless three.

198!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:56 pm

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Can anyone on here honestly say they’d rather have the 3-headed combination of Brown, Gudbranson and Watson taking up roster space instead of giving a huge offer sheet to all of 3 players I’ve mentioned for months now. Pulock, Sergachev and Cernak. The Isles and TB can’t afford 6.5 for those guys. The compensation is only a 1st and 3rd and 6.5 is not as much as we are paying our new useless three.

I don’t understand what you mean. You want one of the three? I’d say yes to the first two of course but that would be way too much for Cernak. The players also have to sign the offer sheet.

199!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:59 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:Can anyone on here honestly say they’d rather have the 3-headed combination of Brown, Gudbranson and Watson taking up roster space instead of giving a huge offer sheet to all of 3 players I’ve mentioned for months now. Pulock, Sergachev and Cernak. The Isles and TB can’t afford 6.5 for those guys. The compensation is only a 1st and 3rd and 6.5 is not as much as we are paying our new useless three.

I don’t understand what you mean. You want one of the three? I’d say yes to the first two of course but that would be way too much for Cernak. The players also have to sign the offer sheet.

Yes, I know asking them to sign here is the tough part. And even though Cernak is the worst of the bunch, I’d still rather overpay him and his massive potential than have the useless three we got taking up more than the offer anyway.

200!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:02 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yes, I know asking them to sign here is the tough part. And even though Cernak is the worst of the bunch, I’d still rather overpay him and his massive potential than have the useless three we got taking up more than the offer anyway.

Yeah but it depends on the term. He’s obviously better than the two dmen we brought in.

I don’t think any lightning are going to sign offer sheets after winning the cup

201!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:20 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Cup doesn’t matter. It’s onto the next season. One of their 3 are going and look at what they are already doing to Johnson.

202!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

7 years 6.5 for Sergachev
7 years 6.5 for Pulock
7 years 4.3 for Cernak.

Sign them all. See which one sticks.

203!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 2:52 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Anyone wonder how Detroit and their 16 wins are able to sign these decent free agents and to very good deals? Meanwhile, we have to trade and then overpay for inferior players? It’s called the Melnyk/Dorion effect in it will continue to hold us back from actually becoming elite like Detroit, NYR, Carolina and LA will do. From our draft to our recent trades, we pissed away assets and leverage.

204!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:34 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

I make these kinds of deals all the time in fantasy hockey and that is what keeps me on top.

Laughing3 Laughing3 Laugh1 Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm Facepalm

205!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:03 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

can we get pietrangelo a Hall a contract? it's holding up the rest of FA. 
it's a slow trickle right now.

206!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:16 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:can we get pietrangelo a Hall a contract? it's holding up the rest of FA. 

Once Pietrangelo signs with Vegas, some amazing deals will be available for the taking from Vegas to get them back under the cap.

207!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:19 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

My one year scenario for hall sort of came to fruition. One year at $8 million with Buffalo. Very bizarre.

208!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Not really bizarre. Free agent talent will go anywhere except Ottawa.

209!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:23 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:can we get pietrangelo a Hall a contract? it's holding up the rest of FA. 

Once Pietrangelo signs with Vegas, some amazing deals will be available for the taking from Vegas to get them back under the cap.

Not that Ottawa will be able to take advantage, but someone will.

210!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:24 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Not really bizarre. Free agent talent will go anywhere except Ottawa.

Not everything is about Ottawa. Jesus Cussing Christ dude.

211!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:25 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Nobody should help out those bunghole. But Florida is already trading for Schmidt

212!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:33 pm

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Nobody should help out those bunghole. But Florida is already trading for Schmidt

Florida had an amazing draft, signed Koivu cheap (drafted two-way god and fellow-Finn Lundell) and are letting the right players go too.

Ottawa is last in their division. So many on here have previously predicted otherwise.

213!!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 - Page 14 Empty Re: !!Free Agent Frenzy!! - October 9, 2020 Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:34 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

Florida had an amazing draft, signed Koivu cheap (drafted two-way god and fellow-Finn Lundell) and are letting the right players go too.

Ottawa is last in their division. So many on here have previously predicted otherwise.

You might want to check where Koivu signed there pal.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 14 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum