GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 64 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 61 of 68]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Two quick (and early) observations :

1. Kleven isn't very good. Poor puck control and bad stretch passer. Going to be a career puck dumper
2. Jarventie looks lost without the puck and is a poor skater.

Sanderson is silky smooth out there

Things we already knew though

I would argue Ottawa won’t see a career-Kleven anything.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:

1. Kleven isn't very good. Poor puck control and bad stretch passer. Going to be a career puck dumper

These thoughts matter as much as this game. 🤭

I care about his thoughts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

the meaning of the game doesn't matter aside from being able to evaluate our players next to their peers on an equal playing field. away from the puck jarventie is invisible and very weak with his reads in the d-zone. And kleven fumbled the puck every time he touched it and couldn't make a stretch pass. i don't think it was a case of nerves for either player. i'm pointing out gaps in their games. the US apparently needs to make 2 more cuts before their first tournament game. they ain't cutting a forward because they're already short. i can see kleven being a one of those two cuts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Thanks Lagoon. I refuse to let three games of UND hockey sway my opinion of Kleven right now. He's a big body and an absolute rock of a player but his skating and upside aside from his size is limited to a 3rd pairing d-man at best, which again makes me question why you move up to get someone like that.

I will say though that I am happy we took Pinto over Brink. Jury is still out on Kaliyev IMO but I don't really like Kaliyev's game though his goal was pretty filthy. Definitely a goal-scorer vs Pinto who is going to be a reliable two-way center. I totally expect Kaliyev to crack LA's roster this season and he'll be a top-six goal scorer.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Thanks Lagoon. I refuse to let three games of UND hockey sway my opinion of Kleven right now. He's a big body and an absolute rock of a player but his skating and upside aside from his size is limited to a 3rd pairing d-man at best, which again makes me question why you move up to get someone like that.

I will say though that I am happy we took Pinto over Brink. Jury is still out on Kaliyev IMO but I don't really like Kaliyev's game though his goal was pretty filthy. Definitely a goal-scorer vs Pinto who is going to be a reliable two-way center. I totally expect Kaliyev to crack LA's roster this season and he'll be a top-six goal scorer.

Thank you for your thoughts and opinion. It is great to read other people’s thoughts that watch games.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Thank you for your thoughts and opinion. It is great to read other people’s thoughts that watch games.

Yours differ?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well, I got TSN for a month. But it doesn't look like I'll be able to watch it on the upstairs tv. There is no TSN Roku channel, and the casting option doesn't present the Roku stick as an option. Oh, well. Family room it is.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Yours differ?

Not really. I’ve got more to add, but it’s not good and most people on here don’t want to hear negative truths. So Kleven is the best and the smartest big-man I’ve ever seen play. Future PP QB.

As far as Pinto goes, it really has nothing to do with the development of Pinto so far, it was the wrong pick at that place in time, especially with a full day to negotiate trading down if he was your guy no matter what. And I’d still take Kaliyev to this day anyway.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Waiting to see Dach’s injury.

Askarov may steal the tourney like I mentioned earlier. Wallstedt just needs to get into one game and he may never come out too.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Stutzle was fantastic. Goalie was trash

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Stutzle was fantastic. Goalie was trash

Can’t wait to see him next month

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Stutzle was fantastic.  Goalie was trash

Can’t wait to see him next month

Absolutely

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The only guy who skates better than Sanderson...might be Stutzle. Holy crap

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Askarov just doesn’t care. He’s so good, perfect positioning. Confident and just toying with the Americans to stay entertained while he waits for a shot.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:The only guy who skates better than Sanderson...might be Stutzle.   Holy crap

Holy crap is right. It’s like you only see Sens players.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lagoon wrote:Askarov just doesn’t care. He’s so good, perfect positioning. Confident and just toying with the Americans to stay entertained while he waits for a shot.

But he may want that one back.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:The only guy who skates better than Sanderson...might be Stutzle.   Holy crap

Holy crap is right. It’s like you only see Sens players.

Nope.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Perfect PK shift by Sanderson there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 61 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 32 ... 60, 61, 62 ... 64 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum