GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 63 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 58 of 68]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Norris played in the second most competitive league on the planet as a rookie and put up great numbers. He has got to be ahead of Pinto on the depth chart for now.

Keep in mind that North Dakota is stacked...it's pretty much an all-star team, so you have to take production/performances by their players with a grain of salt. Pinto is looking great though, and has good size too.

Looks like a great 2nd round pick by the Sens, a team routinely criticized for their drafting by some.

Josh Norris looks like a great return in the package for Erik Karlsson...nice trade by the Sens, a team routinely criticized for their trading by some.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:Norris played in the second most competitive league on the planet as a rookie and put up great numbers.  He has got to be ahead of Pinto on the depth chart for now.

Keep in mind that North Dakota is stacked...it's pretty much an all-star team, so you have to take production/performances by their players with a grain of salt.  Pinto is looking great though, and has good size too.  

Looks like a great 2nd round pick by the Sens, a team routinely criticized for their drafting by some.

Josh Norris looks like a great return in the package for Erik Karlsson...nice trade by the Sens, a team routinely criticized for their trading by some.  

I know right!!! I can’t believe we ended up being the ultimate winners of the Calgary/Pittsburgh trade that sent Iginla to the Penguins. Years later we have Morgan Klimchuk still playing in Belleville last year for us. Go sens go!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Think about that Karlsson trade for a minute...

Stutzle
Norris
Sogaard
Balcers
DeMelo
Tierney
2nd round next year i think

It's like a video game trade

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Norris played in the second most competitive league on the planet as a rookie and put up great numbers.  He has got to be ahead of Pinto on the depth chart for now.

Keep in mind that North Dakota is stacked...it's pretty much an all-star team, so you have to take production/performances by their players with a grain of salt.  Pinto is looking great though, and has good size too.  

I know right!!! I can’t believe we ended up being the ultimate winners of the Calgary/Pittsburgh trade that sent Iginla to the Penguins. Years later we have Morgan Klimchuk still playing in Belleville last year for us. Go sens go!

What

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We won't know until Pinto plays in the ahl though, but that's quite an act to follow. I think they'll both be effective players for us.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

What

My thoughts exactly.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Think about that Karlsson trade for a minute...

Stutzle
Norris
Sogaard
Balcers
DeMelo Merilainen
Tierney
2nd round next year i think (confirmed)

Yupp quite the haul but this could have worked out the opposite way too if SJ had a good season and Norris not exceeded expectations.

Also in my comparisons of Pinto v Norris, Norris was also on a stacked team, especially in his freshman year.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Think about that Karlsson trade for a minute...

Stutzle
Norris
Sogaard
Balcers
DeMelo Merilainen
Tierney
2nd round next year i think (confirmed)

Yupp quite the haul but this could have worked out the opposite way too if SJ had a good season and Norris not exceeded expectations.

Also in my comparisons of Pinto v Norris, Norris was also on a stacked team, especially in his freshman year.

Definitely, but there are always what ifs. They blew and we got a crazy haul.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Big man made Team Finland. Jarventie.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Kleven and Sanderson made team USA. I expect Greig will make team Canada next year

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Interesting to see if Kleven is one of the 9 Dmen to see game action.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Probably will depend on the opponent tbh

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Byfield centering Zary and Tomasino once again. That’s a filthy line. Tomasino will probably lead the tourney

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Byfield centering Zary and Tomasino once again. That’s a filthy line. Tomasino will probably lead the tourney

Probably. It's a two man team this year IMO. Canada v USA. I'd have put Sweden up there but there 'unfits' are definitely going to hold them back. Askarov could make Russia more competitive than they ought to be but it's a two-team race, with Canada being the better team. USA will be a hard team to play against and their back-end (including goaltending) is pretty nasty

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Knight and Askarov can indeed win the thing on their own.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Askarov about to get more starts as Berdin just got traded. Take the reigns Askarov!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Knight and Askarov can indeed win the thing on their own.

Definitely but we're talking about a lot of Canadian firepower. Though this is Canada's tournament to lose I can definitely see USA giving them a run for their money.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I will take a hot goalie over firepower any day in a short tournament.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 58 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 30 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 63 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum