GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 68]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So what happens when the Sens draft Stutzle and Sanderson. Do we shut down the site ?

my biggest fear is that we actually draft Sanderson with all that talent remaining. it scares me because it would be a total Dorion move.

not to say that Sanderson won't be good but if we're going D than we should be going with Drysdale. and I'd much prefer we focus our efforts on getting a prospect with top C potential like Byfield and Rossi (especially Rossi if we draft a winger with the 3rd).

Diddle D this year. 6 of the top 8 in 2021 are all D and all better than Drysdale this year. We will get a D next year by default.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Everyone, including me keeps Askarov at the bottom of the 4th tier just because he is a goalie. Really, he has the potential to be the best of the entire draft class. He’s a darkhorse to go anywhere from 5 to 10. In a deep draft like this one, he will be taken by a team that has no goalie pipeline not because of BPA. Detroit, Ottawa, Buffalo, Minnesota, Devils, Nashville, Carolina, Edmonton.

Askarov got a shutout today in his first game. Boy>Men

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So what happens when the Sens draft Stutzle and Sanderson. Do we shut down the site ?

Why would we? Only a very small vocal minority would not like Stutzle. But everyone knows we’re getting him or byfield.

I expect #5 to be Sanderson, Raymond, Quinn or Drysdale. I don’t see anyone else being considered. I’m fine with any pick, these people know what they’re doing

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I have seen a few places suggesting that Raymond is ahead of Stutzle. we may end up with both of them. Detroit high on Perfetti and Rossi as well as Raymond . 2.5 more weeks

The only mistakes will be ours if we take Stutzle before both Raymond and Rossi. Let Detroit jump on a German like they did last year. Looking forward to seeing if teams draft BPA or for positional need.

If the sens didn’t own the 3rd pick, stutzle would still go ahead of Raymond and Rossi. It’s not even a question.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:

Why would we? Only a very small vocal minority would not like Stutzle. But everyone knows we’re getting him or byfield.

I expect #5 to be Sanderson, Raymond, Quinn or Drysdale. I don’t see anyone else being considered. I’m fine with any pick, these people know what they’re doing

no way does Quinn get taken 5th let alone before Rossi.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

The director or whatever of central scouting thinks the sens might take him at 5 if they go forward and there are many rankings that have Quinn over Rossi, from legitimate scouts and former nhl scouts like Recrutes and Hockey Prospect. You shouldn’t be so sure of yourself there.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

SHL officially starts today. Raymond, Holtz and a host of others embark on their D+1. Fascinating times and a huge advantage to those teams with extra picks in this years draft.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
Ev wrote:

The director or whatever of central scouting thinks the sens might take him at 5 if they go forward and there are many rankings that have Quinn over Rossi, from legitimate scouts and former nhl scouts like Recrutes and Hockey Prospect. You shouldn’t be so sure of yourself there.

I love starting my morning with a belly laugh. All 5 lines of your post had something I laughed at. Clapping

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What’s funny about stating facts? I’m not offering my own opinion. You can’t dismiss rankings that have Quinn higher than Rossi if you’re going to just treat rankings that have Stutzle low as gospel. It just should not shock anyone if Quinn goes high this draft.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Can't help but feel the sens and devils will swap their late 1sts. NJ

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:What’s funny about stating facts? I’m not offering my own opinion. You can’t dismiss rankings that have Quinn higher than Rossi if you’re going to just treat rankings that have Stutzle low as gospel. It just should not shock anyone if Quinn goes high this draft.

Scouts disagree. Nothing with scouting is a fact. That’s the nature of scouting. It is up to each scout to put forth their best argument for or against a player to their superior. Debates are more than a regular. Our job is to sell what we believe. I can dismiss any ranking I don’t believe in because that isn’t what I’ve seen. Go ahead and take Quinn before Rossi and we will all have a good laugh in 5 years like we all are with Point and endless others now. That’s scouting. You can’t get around it and you can never get it right all the time. There are no facts. Development curves are unique.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Raymond was told to work on his shot this summer. He did. His D+1 is off to an amazing start and he will go number 3 unless Ottawa is completely foolish. That my opinion. Many others are saying the same thing. Not sure who is right, but I know I am because that is what I believe.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Raymond was told to work on his shot this summer. He did. His D+1 is off to an amazing start and he will go number 3 unless Ottawa is completely foolish. That my opinion. Many others are saying the same thing. Not sure who is right, but I know I am because that is what I believe.

Just stop the trolling already. The act is tiresome.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:What’s funny about stating facts? I’m not offering my own opinion. You can’t dismiss rankings that have Quinn higher than Rossi if you’re going to just treat rankings that have Stutzle low as gospel. It just should not shock anyone if Quinn goes high this draft.

Scouts disagree. Nothing with scouting is a fact. That’s the nature of scouting. It is up to each scout to put forth their best argument for or against a player to their superior. Debates are more than a regular. Our job is to sell what we believe. I can dismiss any ranking I don’t believe in because that isn’t what I’ve seen. Go ahead and take Quinn before Rossi and we will all have a good laugh in 5 years like we all are with Point and endless others now.

you're being ridiculous. I said it's fact that multiple rankings have Quinn over Rossi. It's true. That doesn't mean Quinn will go ahead of Rossi, or that he will be better than Rossi. That just means it's obvious that legitimate scouts are high on Quinn and it should shock nobody if he goes high in this draft. From what I've seen, I would bet he doesn't make it out of the top 10.

What do you mean "our job"? You're not a scout, nobody here is a scout.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

So because you’ve done no research yourself and believe a couple articles you’ve read, you discount the other 50% of the articles you haven’t read.

Meanwhile, Raymond is doing what we all expected already. You should watch the game right now instead of doing nothing. But you won’t because you’ve already made up your mind even though a D+1 season is happening prior to a draft for the first time in forever.

Who is trolling?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:So because you’ve done no research yourself and believe a couple articles you’ve read, you discount the other 50% of the articles you haven’t read.

Meanwhile, Raymond is doing what we all expected already. You should watch the game right now instead of doing nothing. But you won’t because you’ve already made up your mind even though a D+1 season is happening prior to a draft for the first time in forever.

Who is trolling?

It seems you haven't done the research to know what will happen on draft day with the Top 3. You can have your opinion that Raymond will become better than Stutzle. I respect that opinion, because it absolutely could happen. What I don't care for, and what I consider trolling, is constantly saying Raymond will go #3, because he won't. Everyone knows this except you. There are only two players who the Sens will be taking at #3, and it's Byfield or Stutzle. There is no debate for this, it's well known by now. Anyone who doesn't have a mock draft with a top 3 of Lafreniere, Byfield, and Stutzle (in whatever order) will be wrong and they are ignoring reality. That doesn't mean they will be the best 3 in the future, of course. This is the last thing I will say about this topic.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

It would be just like the Sens to ignore to added benefit of seeing a D+1 season of a potential draftee and being closed off to those results. It’s almost like scouting pros at this point. And we all know how horrendous our pro scouting is.

Raymond struggled to get playing time last year as most 17yo do in that league. Today, he played on a scoring line, on PP1, had the 7th most ice-time amongst fwds, had 4 SOG which led the team. Him adding shot volume and a more dangerous shot to his skill set is exactly what he needed. Finished with one PP Goal in their 3-0 win. Great game by him.

I actually don’t care who the Sens take. I have other teams I enjoy following as well.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Sep 19, 2020 12:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:So because you’ve done no research yourself and believe a couple articles you’ve read, you discount the other 50% of the articles you haven’t read.

Who is trolling?

It seems you haven't done the research to know what will happen on draft day with the Top 3.

I’m sorry you believe what you read. The draft will be so anticlimactic as always. If only all the teams made their scouting rooms public before the draft we could just cancel the draft all together and teams could just call their guy and tell them to report to camp when it opens.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 50 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum