GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 43 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 68]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Rossi or Raymond at #5 . My opinion hasn't waivered.

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rossi or Raymond at #5 . My opinion hasn't waivered.

I’m so close to yours. Mine is Raymond at 3 and Rossi at 5.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Rossi or Raymond at #5 . My opinion hasn't waivered.

You've made your opinion loud and clear lol. Hard to see them pass on Stutzle if he's there at 3. It may not be the most popular move, but we did see it happen two years ago with Zadina so you never know

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

You've made your opinion loud and clear lol. Hard to see them pass on Stutzle if he's there at 3. It may not be the most popular move, but we did see it happen two years ago with Zadina so you never know

I wasn’t trying to be loud and clear, but my opinion sure isn’t changing. I’ve seen what I’ve seen.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:

It would literally be the most popular move...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i don't see the sens passing on Stutzle at 3. apparently they love him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

There's just no way we'd pass on Stutzle at #3. We can keep talking about it though.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t trust our scouts either so you are probably right.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Amirov with the lacrosse goal. Svech is still my man and my +35000 Conn Smythe pick.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:

It would literally be the most popular move...

Taking him would be the popular move, yes. I was referring to passing up on him being the not-so-popular move

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:I don’t trust our scouts either so you are probably right.

I tend to trust our scouts when it comes to Dmen. Our forward drafting has been iffy in the last few years.

there are key exceptions obviously.

most of the time what i question is the sens drafting certain players when other players are still on the board.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I don’t trust our scouts either so you are probably right.

I tend to trust our scouts when it comes to Dmen. Our forward drafting has been iffy in the last few years.

there are key exceptions obviously.

most of the time what i question is the sens drafting certain players when other players are still on the board.

I dunno...I feel like our forward prospects and better than our D prospects at this point, so our scouts know what they're doing....

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There were a couple times where we missed out on talent. Ex White over Boeser and Konecny, Pinto over Robertson, etc. All in all they've done well. But Dorion needs to draft a game-changer, not someone who is going to turn into a third-line NHLer

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Amirov once again showed he has lots of offence in today’s 10-0 victory. His first of two assists was superb. Also had a goal today to go along with his lacrosse goal yesterday. He’s creative and confident with more responsibility and he’s getting that on PP1 in Sochi this week. His two-way game is already elite.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:There were a couple times where we missed out on talent. Ex White over Boeser and Konecny, Pinto over Robertson, etc. All in all they've done well. But Dorion needs to draft a game-changer, not someone who is going to turn into a third-line NHLer

Every team misses on talent however. No draft is ever perfect 5-7 years later. You will see that for this year in 2025.

But you are right. If I wanted to ignore all Stützle’s flaws and just bang the drum on his skating and pace, I could make him sound like a legit 2nd overall. But that’s not the game. He’s got flaws. They are very visible and they are not easy to correct for him. Ignoring them and not recognizing the package that Raymond and Rossi bring, is to me, a recipe for baking bread without yeast. Stutzle won’t rise to the talent that is already baked into Raymond and Rossi.

You do you Ottawa, lord knows you are nailing everything lately.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:There were a couple times where we missed out on talent. Ex White over Boeser and Konecny, Pinto over Robertson, etc. All in all they've done well. But Dorion needs to draft a game-changer, not someone who is going to turn into a third-line NHLer

Every team misses on talent however. No draft is ever perfect 5-7 years later. You will see that for this year in 2025.

But you are right. If I wanted to ignore all Stützle’s flaws and just bang the drum on his skating and pace, I could make him sound like a legit 2nd overall. But that’s not the game. He’s got flaws. They are very visible and they are not easy to correct for him. Ignoring them and not recognizing the package that Raymond and Rossi bring, is to me, a recipe for baking bread without yeast. Stutzle won’t rise to the talent that is already baked into Raymond and Rossi.

You do you Ottawa, lord knows you are nailing everything lately.

You're acting like Ottawa picking Stutzle would be a reach and no other team would do it, yet we know that the vast majority of NHL teams will have him top 3. Do you think they don't know the exact same "flaws" as you do? You and a few other internet "scouts" are acting like they know something that other professionals don't, and frankly IMO it's just being contrarian and trying to profit off hot takes (not you, Lagoon). The majority of people see the guy as a legit top 3 pick and some even think he can challenge for 1st overall. Comparing him to Rossi at this point is ridiculous. He's in a completely different tier in terms of talent.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Neither Pinto or Robertson have proven anything but Pinto looks like an excellent pick in the mould of a Toews type of player

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

2011 NHL Entry Draft. I remember when the Jets took Shiefele at #7. It was a huge reach at the time and the analysts were boggled by it. He was ranked as a mid-to-late 1st rd pick. First draft in Jets history. To date, he's scored more points than every other first rd pick from that draft class with the exception of Landeskog who has 16 more points in 100+ more games played.

All this to say there are scouts out there that recognize talent and aren't afraid to go against the grain. There are also scouts who stay on the board and strike out. (Duncan Siemens went 11th, Mark McNeill went 18th, Tyler Biggs went 22, Stuart Percy, Nicklas Jensen, Matt Puempel, etc).

Then there are always the surprises that no one sees coming. Boone Jenner went 37th, Brandon Saad 43rd, Kucherov 58th, Trochek 64th, Pageau 96th, Palat 208th.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 43 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum