GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

+5
wprager
Lagoon
Ev
Flo The Action
PTFlea
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 68]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Has he been on since the 2nd Swiss goal? I had to take a call so I missed a couple shifts, but after that goal (he lost the draw after an icing) in sure he want on the ice for at least one regular shift. He was on just now but in pretty sure he missed one or two shifts.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

He's by far the best player on the ice. They have him playing C and the left point on the PP. IQ seems very high

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

This game has been a perfect example for why he’s #8 on my board. Has a nice assist doing what he does in the offensive zone. That’s his style. That’s all he knows. Tri-pod style, skating circles in the offensive zone, breaking down one layer. Great play. However, good luck with all that working in NA.
Off-puck in the offensive zone, no help, doesn’t find soft areas or lanes to try and help teammates out.

I’m not a fan. He will be a star, but 7 others will be better and with way more facets to their game and impact their teams success in more ways.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

You are failing to account for projection and a player adapting and improving his game, especially for a guy with a high IQ who plays multiple positions. A guy like Rossi is way closer to being a finished product compared to Stutzle who is more raw, rocketed up the board this year and hasn’t even played in North America yet. If all NHL teams have him top 3 that’s all I need to know. IMO no other forward has shown they deserve to be ranked over him and Byfield this season.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

and again I am in complete agreement that there is a clear #2 in this draft and it isn't Stutzle

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:You are failing to account for projection and a player adapting and improving his game, especially for a guy with a high IQ who plays multiple positions. A guy like Rossi is way closer to being a finished product compared to Stutzle who is more raw, rocketed up the board this year and hasn’t even played in North America yet. If all NHL teams have him top 3 that’s all I need to know. IMO no other forward has shown they deserve to be ranked over him and Byfield this season.

Nobody has shown the deserve to be ranked ahead of Byfield in my opinion. But again, that’s my opinion.

And I’m not failing to account for projection, adaption or improvements. What I’m saying is the style that he plays, the style that makes him so good on huge ice, simplistic defensive systems and inferior opponents is not a very easy transition to NA ice, hockey, layers and superior talent.

He made a decent and assertive zone entry into the middle of the ice 3/4’s of the way into the 2nd on the PP. That’s good to see from him. But again, he stopped his feet, went tripod, got caught, but was able to make a weak pass across the ice. He is going to have a huge adjustment period to his style, the style he has been able to get away with his whole career thus far. It won’t be easy and I don’t think he can do it fully. That’s why he will only be an 70-80 point player with minimal impact elsewhere. He has many flaws and many adjustments.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Every time he was on the ice Germany generated high quality scoring chances. I do agree with Lagoon that the way he played today would not translate in a NA game. He had the puck on his stick for far too long. I did think he back checked well and was more physical than I thought. He skates a little recklessly which may end up leading to injuries in the NHL. Almost reminds me of Hertl before he got concussed.

Most fans who watched today are going to drool over what they saw. I saw the best player on the ice on a bad German team and a better Swiss team that isn't good globally or overly physical.

He is very similar to Patrick Kane. I definitely agree with Button's comparison. He has great hands, a great hockey IQ, he's quick, and he's shifty. I am not sure if he's a center though. And for context, Kane put up 100 points twice in his career. In those two years his +/- was 17 and 2. Kane doesn't kill penalties and he's not known for his defensive play. But 31 teams in the NHL would want Patrick Kane to play for them and I think most people would think the same as Stutzle.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:You are failing to account for projection and a player adapting and improving his game, especially for a guy with a high IQ who plays multiple positions. A guy like Rossi is way closer to being a finished product compared to Stutzle who is more raw, rocketed up the board this year and hasn’t even played in North America yet. If all NHL teams have him top 3 that’s all I need to know. IMO no other forward has shown they deserve to be ranked over him and Byfield this season.

Nobody has shown the deserve to be ranked ahead of Byfield in my opinion. But again, that’s my opinion.

And I’m not failing to account for projection, adaption or improvements. What I’m saying is the style that he plays, the style that makes him so good on huge ice, simplistic defensive systems and inferior opponents is not a very easy transition to NA ice, hockey, layers and superior talent.

He made a decent and assertive zone entry into the middle of the ice 3/4’s of the way into the 2nd on the PP. That’s good to see from him. But again, he stopped his feet, went tripod, got caught, but was able to make a weak pass across the ice. He is going to have a huge adjustment period to his style, the style he has been able to get away with his whole career thus far. It won’t be easy and I don’t think he can do it fully. That’s why he will only be an 70-80 point player with minimal impact elsewhere. He has many flaws and many adjustments.

Preface, I don't care about a random scrimmage game in the summer, good play or bad play. NHL scouts obviously take the play on big ice into account in their analysis of how guys will translate to the NHL game. They rank guys accordingly based on that. Look at guys like Tolvanen in past drafts for example. Stutzle has some flaws or he'd be the #1 pick in the draft, but to say he has "many" flaws is incorrect in my opinion. If he had many flaws and any that were really serious, he wouldn't be a top 3 lock in a deep draft, yet he is. It was only this year where he played with good talent around him, so he's always had to be "selfish" in his play because of the weak German talent around him. I'll take his few flaws over the flaws of every other player behind him. It will be easy for him to change his decision making and adapt to the NA ice with NHLers around him because of his IQ and skill level. He doesn't have to be a star right away, he can take his time to adjust and adapt.

I have no issue with you thinking he's the 8th best player, that's your opinion, but it's obvious he's going top 3. He will be a King or Senator in October.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Every time he was on the ice Germany generated high quality scoring chances. I do agree with Lagoon that the way he played today would not translate in a NA game. He had the puck on his stick for far too long. I did think he back checked well and was more physical than I thought. He skates a little recklessly which may end up leading to injuries in the NHL. Almost reminds me of Hertl before he got concussed.

Most fans who watched today are going to drool over what they saw. I saw the best player on the ice on a bad German team and a better Swiss team that isn't good globally or overly physical.

He is very similar to Patrick Kane. I definitely agree with Button's comparison. He has great hands, a great hockey IQ, he's quick, and he's shifty. I am not sure if he's a center though. And for context, Kane put up 100 points twice in his career. In those two years his +/- was 17 and 2. Kane doesn't kill penalties and he's not known for his defensive play. But 31 teams in the NHL would want Patrick Kane to play for them and I think most people would think the same as Stutzle.

His worst case is a Barzal type IMO.

I'm somebody who values an all around game and physical play etc but I would still take Stutzle over everyone after Byfield. You can't acquire stars like this unless you pick them. I don't see anyone else with the same offensive upside (aside from Perfetti, who is a bit smaller and a worse skater) or anyone else that is guaranteed to be a star Selke type player. I would maybe feel that way about Rossi if he was bigger. From what I understand, Stutzle is not a bad defensive player.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I think a play like this is not necessary and he should have passed to the d-man way earlier.

https://twitter.com/PaulGuilbeault/status/1285259295966330880

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

God I hope the Kings are stupid enough to draft him and when they don’t, the Sens are smart enough to draft Raymond at 3.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:God I hope the Kings are stupid enough to draft him and when they don’t, the Sens are smart enough to draft Raymond at 3.

Put down the Elite Prospects.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

EP has Stutzle ahead of Perfetti and I can’t get behind that. Perfetti has IQ for days over Stutzle.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I'm a huge Perfetti fan. I would consider him for 5th along with Raymond and Drysdale. Those are my top 5.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

There can not be anywhere inside you that watched Stutzle today and thought he was a top 3...or 5 player in this draft class that has Byfield, Raymond, Rossi, Perfetti, Drysdale and Holtz. He literally proved every one of my previously published flaws of him.

Go ahead and call it one game, but it is not just one game when I’ve repeatedly watched every single one of his shifts from the last year and a bit.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yes I’m sure you’ve watched every single shift of his over the last year. Come on now. Could not care any less about a random junior scrimmage in the middle of a pandemic. I’m not watching that.

He’s a top 3 pick. Get over it already. It’s not just the Sens who will pick him there. I’m already going to win one bet with you. Don’t make me win another.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Yes I’m sure you’ve watched every single shift of his over the last year. Come on now. Could not care any less about a random junior scrimmage in the middle of a pandemic. I’m not watching that.

He’s a top 3 pick. Get over it already. It’s not just the Sens who will pick him there. I’m already going to win one bet with you. Don’t make me win another.

You are acting like it is hard. Thousands of people do the exact same thing.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:Yes I’m sure you’ve watched every single shift of his over the last year. Come on now. Could not care any less about a random junior scrimmage in the middle of a pandemic. I’m not watching that.

You are acting like it is hard. Thousands of people do the exact same thing.

Thousands of people win bets against you? Not surprising I suppose.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum