GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Prospecting Prospect - End of Season 18/19

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 37 ... 68  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 68]

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Long awaited jersey and logo rebrand is happening. Can’t wait to buy a Tkachuk, Byfield or Stutzle jersey

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I think you guys are sleeping on how valuable Drysdale will be come draft day.  Who doesn't want a #1/2 RH D-man like him?

Yup. Not only making the WJ but excelling in his draft year is big. He has a ton of upside. 4th in McKenzie's rankings.

I would be ecstatic to get him and Byfield/Stutzle.   Especially since hie's a righty to Chabot's left.

Certainly no issue drafting Drysdale but I'd prefer we walk out of this draft with a 1C if possible, and I am not sure that Stutzle will translate as a C hence my desire to get Rossi. I also don't know much about guys like Zary, Bourque, Perreault, and Mysak who are listed as centers. Any of them have top-line upside? Zary looks like he has the size, and scoring touch to be a top-six guy.

Ev


Franchise Player
Franchise Player
There is zero guarantee that Rossi will be a 1C let alone a centre at all due to his size. There’s only one truly guaranteed centre in the top 5. Stutzle should be but he does have winger qualities as well.

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
Ev wrote:There is zero guarantee that Rossi will be a 1C let alone a centre at all due to his size. There’s only one truly guaranteed centre in the top 5. Stutzle should be but he does have winger qualities as well.

Fair point. Lundell and perfetti will be top-six centers as well

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think Perfetti has a good chance but also many people believe he will be wing

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Ev wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I think you guys are sleeping on how valuable Drysdale will be come draft day.  Who doesn't want a #1/2 RH D-man like him?

Yup. Not only making the WJ but excelling in his draft year is big. He has a ton of upside. 4th in McKenzie's rankings.

I would be ecstatic to get him and Byfield/Stutzle.   Especially since hie's a righty to Chabot's left.

Certainly no issue drafting Drysdale but I'd prefer we walk out of this draft with a 1C if possible, and I am not sure that Stutzle will translate as a C hence my desire to get Rossi. I also don't know much about guys like Zary, Bourque, Perreault, and Mysak who are listed as centers. Any of them have top-line upside? Zary looks like he has the size, and scoring touch to be a top-six guy.

I think Stutzle will be a 90 point guy, is that a 1C?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:I think you guys are sleeping on how valuable Drysdale will be come draft day.  Who doesn't want a #1/2 RH D-man like him?

Drysdale is my #5 BPA. He’s good but upside isn’t a guarantee. He has a high floor. Just for some perspective, guess how many current first pairing Dmen are under 6 feet tall? Two. Ellis and Spurgeon. Ellis plays with Josi and Spurgeon with Suter. Quinn Hughes will be there next season. Drysdale will probably do it too. Let’s just be careful not to have all our D small and have no Josi’s, Suter or Edler workhorses as support.

Here’s a scenario. Forget about Drysdale and take two elite forwards this season. Islanders win the lottery and take Lafreniere. Sens offer sheet Pulock because the Isles are in cap hell. Sens get their Chabot partner and the Isles bomb next year giving us a Dman better than Drysdale anyway.

DefenceWinsChampionships


All-Star
All-Star
I'm with Lagoon. A Blueline with Chabot, brann, wolanin, JBD, Drysdale thomson would be amazing but we need a big body who can lay people out and defend the front of the net.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'm with Lagoon. A Blueline with Chabot, brann, wolanin, JBD, Drysdale thomson would be amazing but we need a big body who can lay people out and defend the front of the net.

Owen Power asked me to say hi to you.

Lambos did as well.

Hughes and Clarke would like to schedule an interview to see if being 6’1” and more upside and higher floors than Drysdale is good enough for you.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I doubt the d next year in the number 5 spot are much better and I doubt we will be in a similar position anyway. The draft next year is pretty weak compared to this year. Drysdale is one of the best OHL dmen in a long time.

Drysdale is the same height and much bigger than karlsson was when drafted. Size is not an issue for him in my eyes. He passes the eye test for me. Hughes for example is much smaller and much less physical.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Power, Clarke, Lambos and Hughes are all better than Drysdale was at the same age.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Quinn Hughes was not better than Drysdale at the same age. At most they were on par but I’d put Drysdale ahead. The others I barely know but all I know is if Raty is considered the best prospect in the draft then the draft isn’t that great compared to this year. The Sens won’t finish last or second last next year even if they are bad. So the odds are they would end up with a 5th or 6th pick at worst. If those D are so great they will go above that.

Think of how good the forwards are in this draft and Drysdale is ranked 4th among them. People online are massively underrating him.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Let's not overthink it. Byfield or Stutzle at #3, Drysdale at #5. If Drysdale is gone then take one of the Swedes and use the Isles' pick plus a second+ to move up add take Sanderson. Otherwise take another forward (there should still be a good one left).

We need two forwards and one D from the 1st round.


_________________
Hey, I don't have all the answers. In life, to be honest, I've failed as much as I have succeeded. But I love my wife. I love my life. And I wish you my kind of success.
- Dicky Fox

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Quinn Hughes was not better than Drysdale at the same age. At most they were on par but I’d put Drysdale ahead. The others I barely know but all I know is if Raty is considered the best prospect in the draft then the draft isn’t that great compared to this year. The Sens won’t finish last or second last next year even if they are bad. So the odds are they would end up with a 5th or 6th pick at worst. If those D are so great they will go above that.  

Think of how good the forwards are in this draft and Drysdale is ranked 4th among them. People online are massively underrating him.


I’m not talking about Quinn Hughes. I’m talking about Luke Hughes who is one of the 4 elite 2021 draft eligibles. All 4 are better than Drysdale and project the same.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I think you guys are sleeping on how valuable Drysdale will be come draft day.  Who doesn't want a #1/2 RH D-man like him?

Drysdale is my #5 BPA. He’s good but upside isn’t a guarantee. He has a high floor. Just for some perspective, guess how many current first pairing Dmen are under 6 feet tall? Two. Ellis and Spurgeon. Ellis plays with Josi and Spurgeon with Suter. Quinn Hughes will be there next season. Drysdale will probably do it too. Let’s just be careful not to have all our D small and have no Josi’s, Suter or Edler workhorses as support.

Here’s a scenario. Forget about Drysdale and take two elite forwards this season. Islanders win the lottery and take Lafreniere. Sens offer sheet Pulock because the Isles are in cap hell. Sens get their Chabot partner and the Isles bomb next year giving us a Dman better than Drysdale anyway.

That might be semantics, I wouldn't be surprised if he's hit 6 feet or will hit it in his final growth spurt.

I get what you're saying though, but it's so hard to say no to a guy who could be ying to chabot's yang for the next decade.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I don’t think it’s smart to look ahead to the next draft to determine what you’re gonna do in this draft. Take your BPA. If it’s Drysdale pick him. If it’s Raymond take him. The rankings for next years draft aren’t even known as it always changes in a year (also for example, Button has Lambos outside the top 10 and Luke Hughes 8th). In my opinion he’s at worst the 5th best prospect in this draft. This draft is stacked. He’s ranked high for a reason. Next years class is said to be a lot weaker. I’m not buying that Drysdale is worse than them. He’s an exceptional talent.

All I’ll say further is that if I were to bet, we will get one of Byfield or Stutzle and one of Drysdale and Raymond. If we get Byfield and Drysdale we can cap it off with Lapierre with a later pick and Mercer or Jarvis to stack us up with Canadian prospects who have played together a lot

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:I don’t think it’s smart to look ahead to the next draft to determine what you’re gonna do in this draft. Take your BPA. If it’s Drysdale pick him. If it’s Raymond take him. The rankings for next years draft aren’t even known as it always changes in a year (also for example, Button has Lambos outside the top 10 and Luke Hughes 8th). In my opinion he’s at worst the 5th best prospect in this draft. This draft is stacked. He’s ranked high for a reason. Next years class is said to be a lot weaker. I’m not buying that Drysdale is worse than them. He’s an exceptional talent.

All I’ll say further is that if I were to bet, we will get one of Byfield or Stutzle and one of Drysdale and Raymond. If we get Byfield and Drysdale we can cap it off with Lapierre with a later pick and Mercer or Jarvis to stack us up with Canadian prospects who have played together a lot

I’d switch out a couple names, but I agree with the thinking here. There is also nothing wrong with looking ahead however. Every GM looks ahead when deciding what pick to add to deals. I’m essentially just suggesting a grander scale because I’m talking about a high probability lottery 1st rounder. As of right now, I feel comfortable with saying Power, Hughes, Lambos and Clarke will be 4 of the first 5 names called in 2021 with Räty being the lone forward.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I think you guys are sleeping on how valuable Drysdale will be come draft day.  Who doesn't want a #1/2 RH D-man like him?

Drysdale is my #5 BPA. He’s good but upside isn’t a guarantee. He has a high floor. Just for some perspective, guess how many current first pairing Dmen are under 6 feet tall? Two. Ellis and Spurgeon. Ellis plays with Josi and Spurgeon with Suter. Quinn Hughes will be there next season. Drysdale will probably do it too. Let’s just be careful not to have all our D small and have no Josi’s, Suter or Edler workhorses as support.

Here’s a scenario. Forget about Drysdale and take two elite forwards this season. Islanders win the lottery and take Lafreniere. Sens offer sheet Pulock because the Isles are in cap hell. Sens get their Chabot partner and the Isles bomb next year giving us a Dman better than Drysdale anyway.

That might be semantics, I wouldn't be surprised if he's hit 6 feet or will hit it in his final growth spurt.

I get what you're saying though, but it's so hard to say no to a guy who could be ying to chabot's yang for the next decade.

I’m just uber high strung regarding this draft because Ottawa has their hands tied behind their backs when it comes to building their team. When the only way you can improve your team is through the draft, you have to get it right. Every other team has the luxury of being able to sign marquee free agents, we don’t. We can only sign fringe talent. As much as I’d like to offer sheet Pulock, he ain’t signing it. He’d be my perfect Chabot partner.

I 100% believe in my list of BPA and I have Drysdale at 5. If we take him there, fine. If we take someone at 3, that I have ranked at 8, that’s were I feel our mistake will have been. I’ve beaten that horse though and I’m subject to whatever criticism or accolades 4-7 years from now brings.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 68]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 37 ... 68  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum