GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 55 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Goodness that was a slow moving game, but a nice win!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Didnt name my cat Brady Tkachuk for nothing.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

For two straight weeks I was missing games that were on SNet-O or SNet-E but not tonight. I couldn't find anything about a free preview but I'll take it.

Awful PP. The Habs play offense like a pack of wolves. Defense, like a gaggle of geese. Can't believe a team coached by Julien did what they did in OT. I think they may have simply become unconcerned with defense because of Price. And their offense is keeping the puck out of their own end for the most part.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Namestnikov got hurt in that first period last night haven't heard if it's long term. Wonder who they call up if he is out for a bit

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Namestnikov got hurt in that first period last night haven't heard if it's long term. Wonder who they call up if he is out for a bit

Yeah, didn't look great. Back or neck it looked like.

Balcers?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:For two straight weeks I was missing games that were on SNet-O or SNet-E but not tonight. I couldn't find anything about a free preview but I'll take it.

Awful PP. The Habs play offense like a pack of wolves. Defense, like a gaggle of geese.  Can't believe a team coached by Julien did what they did in OT. I think they may have simply become unconcerned with defense because of Price. And their offense is keeping the puck out of their own end for the most part.

They screwed it up big time. Suzuki and the other nerd were basically both behind the net and zaitsev Cussed them up with an unexpected pass.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

The other nerd was Tatar. I've never seen Tkachuk move that fast. Kid wants it - went crazy after he scored the goal too. We have a real player in Tkachuk.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The other nerd was Tatar. I've never seen Tkachuk move that fast. Kid wants it - went crazy after he scored the goal too. We have a real player in Tkachuk.

Oh Diddle yeah. He's awesome

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:The other nerd was Tatar. I've never seen Tkachuk move that fast. Kid wants it - went crazy after he scored the goal too. We have a real player in Tkachuk.

Oh Diddle yeah.  He's awesome

Now if Batherson, Norris, Formenton, and Brannstrom develop like they can and Wolanin comes back in game shape, we have a really good team on our hands.

And man does Connor Brown ever remind me of MacArthur. Maybe not the same style of player but the same impact of coming from Toronto as a nothing and coming here to be a key player.

I really can't picture this team without Pageau. But I can picture this team without Hainsey, Ennis, Boedker, Anderson, Namestnikov, Boro(?), Paul, etc. I do like us winning but hope this doesn't alter the rebuild plans. We need to bottom out - not necessarily finish last but we do need a top five pick and we need SJ to underachieve so we can have a better pick and potentially leverage our second to move up and get the player we need.

A lot of money off the books this off-season. Not suggesting we sign a star player (Hall) but another top-six forward can't hurt

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

Oh Diddle yeah.  He's awesome

Now if Batherson, Norris, Formenton, and Brannstrom develop like they can and Wolanin comes back in game shape, we have a really good team on our hands.

And man does Connor Brown ever remind me of MacArthur. Maybe not the same style of player but the same impact of coming from Toronto as a nothing and coming here to be a key player.

I really can't picture this team without Pageau. But I can picture this team without Hainsey, Ennis, Boedker, Anderson, Namestnikov, Boro(?), Paul, etc. I do like us winning but hope this doesn't alter the rebuild plans. We need to bottom out - not necessarily finish last but we do need a top five pick and we need SJ to underachieve so we can have a better pick and potentially leverage our second to move up and get the player we need.

A lot of money off the books this off-season. Not suggesting we sign a star player (Hall) but another top-six forward can't hurt

I dont think I'd get rid of paul after years and years of working to make him the player he finally is. Unless I really had to I guess.

I think we'll get a decent pick no matter what happens, I'm not sure what will happen, but I doubt we can sustain this kind of play nor get the goaltending long term.

They're a fun team to watch though. I find myself drawn to them big time this year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Always delicious to beat the Habs. Craig Anderson for the win.

I think our dreams of Laf or Byfield are slowly being flushed here, but that's the way it goes. Can't really complain about the winning.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Always delicious to beat the Habs.  Craig Anderson for the win.  

I think our dreams of Laf or Byfield are slowly being flushed here, but that's the way it goes.  Can't really complain about the winning.  

I don't know...which team is worse than Ottawa and will likely continue being worse? Jersey, Detroit, LA, Minnesota? Then someone has to win the lottery. Here's to hoping Karma kicks in when it's time and we win something for once.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Always delicious to beat the Habs.  Craig Anderson for the win.  

I think our dreams of Laf or Byfield are slowly being flushed here, but that's the way it goes.  Can't really complain about the winning.  

I don't know...which team is worse than Ottawa and will likely continue being worse?  Jersey, Detroit, LA, Minnesota?  Then someone has to win the lottery.  Here's to hoping Karma kicks in when it's time and we win something for once.

Our PK is mediocre, our PP is awful, and our shots against are among the league worst. We are scoring at an abnormally high shooting percentage, and our goaltending has been fortunate thus far. Pageau will eventually come back down to reality, and we will start losing games again.

The takeaways here are:
- Tkachuk/Duclair chemistry
- Evolution of L. Brown
- Players and roles being defined (C. White, C. Brown)
- Slow/timely injection of youth

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like this team, it turns out.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:I like this team, it turns out.  

They are easy to cheer for. Tkachuk plays his heart out Duclair seems to have a lot of good plays every game brown pageau and Paul are a good line seemed to have come together really well. Brown is looking good so far on that top line too

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I like this team, it turns out.  

They are easy to cheer for. Tkachuk plays his heart out Duclair seems to have a lot of good plays every game brown pageau and Paul are a good line seemed to have come together really well. Brown is looking good so far on that top line too

Yeah. We're due to lose a few straight, but it's been very entertaining

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t know that New Jersey will soon into sellers. They’ve played better at time and could move up the standings. They just need much better goaltending. I’ve thought of giving them Anderson on the cheap, the reward being a pick and seeing them move up the standings. I doubt detroit will be much of a selling team as we near the deadline. More likely they get a little bit better as the season progresses.

I have a feeling that once we sell off some of our players needed to the deadline the other two teams that will be racing alongside us for the bottom will be Minnesota and LA.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:I don’t know that New Jersey will soon into sellers. They’ve played better at time and could move up the standings. They just need much better goaltending. I’ve thought of giving them Anderson on the cheap, the reward being a pick and seeing them move up the standings. I doubt detroit will be much of a selling team as we near the deadline. More likely they get a little bit better as the season progresses.

I have a feeling that once we sell off some of our players needed to the deadline the other two teams that will be racing alongside us for the bottom will be Minnesota and LA.

Detroit is an abortion of a team. So is jersey. Deplorable, but I hope you're right

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 55 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 29 ... 54, 55, 56 ... 61 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum