GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 29 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:Pretty fun game from what I saw.  
Couldn’t watch it but 52 saves for Nilsson... he must have to quite the job. Gotta get those number down though

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran
Even though a loss nice to see Nilsson bounce back after his first game

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Pretty fun game from what I saw.  
Couldn’t watch it but 52 saves for Nilsson... he must have to quite the job. Gotta get those number down though

Big time. He had a solid third for sure.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
I think the Sens were lucky to get the game to OT given the # of shots they gave up. Just getting outclassed on a nightly basis. This is the rebuild life though....

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:I think the Sens were lucky to get the game to OT given the # of shots they gave up.  Just getting outclassed on a nightly basis.  This is the rebuild life though....

Naw. I watched the game start to finish. It was even on both ends. The Sens had a lot of chances to take the lead including a few really good powerplays late in the game that amounted to nothing. A few observations:

1) Brannstrom will be really good but he needs at least half a season to get comfortable. He's inconsistent now, and needs to use his skating to get out of tight situations vs panicking with the puck.
2) Ottawa's defensive zone play is noticeably better than years' past. Zaitsev is an improvement over Ceci 100%
3) Ottawa needs to bring in someone who can win faceoffs. Pageau was 10/29 and White 3/8. A lot of these were offensive faceoffs that killed the Sens' momentum
4) Ottawa's PP is missing a QB. They're too easy to pressure.
5) White is a 3C. He is not a top-six forward. He's fine defensively but I don't think he has the hands to be a top-six forward. He will be our future Pageau. Right now he is probably our biggest miscast on the team.
6) Paul > Boedker. Paul should be in our lineup. Nice to see him play 11 mins.
7) I think this team will be infinitely better with no Ryan, Boedker, Sabourin, Szwarz, Anisimov (did not play) on the team.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:I think the Sens were lucky to get the game to OT given the # of shots they gave up.  Just getting outclassed on a nightly basis.  This is the rebuild life though....

Naw. I watched the game start to finish. It was even on both ends. The Sens had a lot of chances to take the lead including a few really good powerplays late in the game that amounted to nothing. A few observations:

1) Brannstrom will be really good but he needs at least half a season to get comfortable. He's inconsistent now, and needs to use his skating to get out of tight situations vs panicking with the puck.
2) Ottawa's defensive zone play is noticeably better than years' past. Zaitsev is an improvement over Ceci 100%
3) Ottawa needs to bring in someone who can win faceoffs. Pageau was 10/29 and White 3/8. A lot of these were offensive faceoffs that killed the Sens' momentum
4) Ottawa's PP is missing a QB. They're too easy to pressure.
5) White is a 3C. He is not a top-six forward. He's fine defensively but I don't think he has the hands to be a top-six forward. He will be our future Pageau. Right now he is probably our biggest miscast on the team.
6) Paul > Boedker. Paul should be in our lineup. Nice to see him play 11 mins.
7) I think this team will be infinitely better with no Ryan, Boedker, Sabourin, Szwarz, Anisimov (did not play) on the team.  

Also Namestnikov is pretty good. Not a lazy player and has a rocket of a shot.

Faceoffs, power play, puck possession (a few good carriers) are the three things this team is missing right now. If Ottawa can control the puck, they can control the shots against.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Brannstrom was excellent, he is getting more confident each game and rushing the puck a lot

Fun game all around, no complaints watching a game like that and losing.

I disagree about White, it will take time and this season will do him good in the longrun. Not a 1C but a 50 point kind of guy IMO

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Ev wrote:Brannstrom was excellent, he is getting more confident each game and rushing the puck a lot

I disagree about White, it will take time and this season will do him good in the longrun. Not a 1C but a 50 point kind of guy IMO

I dunno. I just don't see it with White. I think Brown will be a better center, and depending on who we draft he may get pushed further down the lineup. I am also not sure what we have in Norris. I see White being converted to a winger personally and Norris taking the 3C role down the road.

Brannstrom was shaky at times, but you can definitely see that he will be a good player. Add Wolanin into the mix and we'll have a really mobile defense.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Ev wrote:Brannstrom was excellent, he is getting more confident each game and rushing the puck a lot

I dunno. I just don't see it with White. I think Brown will be a better center, and depending on who we draft he may get pushed further down the lineup. I am also not sure what we have in Norris. I see White being converted to a winger personally and Norris taking the 3C role down the road.

Brannstrom was shaky at times, but you can definitely see that he will be a good player. Add Wolanin into the mix and we'll have a really mobile defense.  

Chabot, Brannstrom, JBD, Thomson, Zaitsev, Wolanin is a solid core if they pan out

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Also yes I think Brown will be better offensively for sure

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think White might be the perfect 2C though, as EV said, I think he'll be a 50 point guy. I hope anyway...

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
White is Zack Smith with a Boston accent.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
wprager wrote:White is Zack Smith with a Boston accent.

That I don't see even a little bit personally.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:

I think White might be the perfect 2C though, as EV said, I think he'll be a 50 point guy.  I hope anyway...

I don’t know but Norris might center the third line or white might play the wing on the second. (Didn’t white play wing at the worlds juniors?)

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
But I’m not even convinced Brown is a top 6 player neither am I convinced he’ll be a definite NHler.

He’s gotta develop another level of quickness and compete to his game that will take him past the AHL to the NHL. I know it’s not a popular opinion to have but I’m keeping it until I see otherwise

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
PTFlea wrote:
wprager wrote:White is Zack Smith with a Boston accent.

That I don't see even a little bit personally.

Sure you do. Just think back 8-10 years. Smith was fast, hit hard, was a pain in the rear to play against.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
I have not really seen much creativity to White's game that you expect from a top six center. He may have better hands than Smith ever did but he is a North/South player from what he's shown so far.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator
Court case between Melnyk and Ruddy is going ahead:
https://www.iheartradio.ca/580-cfra/news/lawsuit-between-sens-owner-eugene-melnyk-and-developer-john-ruddy-will-go-ahead-1.10093452

Munch

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 29 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 48 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum