GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Sens game day!

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sens game day!

And it's a 5:30 start time thanks to weird Newfie time.

Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow, formenton grew an inch to 6 3, but he gained 25 pounds since last training camp to 190.

Batherson at 21 grew an inch, which is strange

Abramov, Norris and formenton are apparently of the best lines right now. Abramov making a case to be a call up. Good for him!

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:Sens game day!

And it's a 5:30 start time thanks to weird Newfie time.

Ahhhhh!
Ahhhhh!

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd like to see Formenton vs Marner head to head. Those guys can both fly.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd like to see Formenton vs Marner head to head. Those guys can both fly.

Formenton would easily win a race

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Marner it's very shifty but he's nowhere near Formenton in flat out speed.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And that's the only thing Formenton can beat Marner at. Smile

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd like to see Formenton vs Marner head to head. Those guys can both fly.

Formenton would easily win a race

I'm gonna assume you want Byfield more than Laf?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Speed and hockey IQ are skills you can't really teach. Stickhandling and puck control are. I am not saying Formenton is a Marner comparison, but I think Formenton has the ability to develop into a very good player (not elite) if developed properly. He may end up being a third liner on a shutdown line with Norris and someone else down the road. Won't be easy to play against.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Speed and hockey IQ are skills you can't really teach. Stickhandling and puck control are. I am not saying Formenton is a Marner comparison, but I think Formenton has the ability to develop into a very good player (not elite) if developed properly. He may end up being a third liner on a shutdown line with Norris and someone else down the road. Won't be easy to play against.

Oh yeah, he's gonna be a 6'3", 200+ pound, 40 point pain in the Donkey if I'm to guess.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

who can skate like the wind

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Just gonna be such an Donkey hat to play against. Yeah, fast as heck, forechecker, Dung disturber. Everything.

Maybe his hands will be ok at some point and he'll flirt with 20 goals. That remains to be seen.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:Just gonna be such an Donkey hat to play against.  Yeah, fast as heck, forechecker, Dung disturber.  Everything.

Maybe his hands will be ok at some point and he'll flirt with 20 goals.  That remains to be seen.

I watched the Vegas highlights from the other night. I can't get over how much of a cherry-picker Pacioretty is. Slips out behind the opposing defencemen when the other team loses puck possession in the offensive zone. Clear breakaway every time - zero accountability on D. But it's effective.

With Formenton's speed - especially on the PK - I see no reason why he can't score 10 goals a year on partial breakaways. Even in his 9 games last season, he had a couple chances each game on partial or full breakaways. I expect to see a few tonight against a weak Toronto D. If his hands catch up to his feet I see 20-25 being the norm for him. I see him as a third liner with Norris and Balcers. If they re-sign Pageau, I see Norris sliding to the wing. That's a nasty shutdown line with a ton of speed and offensive potential down the road. Add in Lafrenniere and Ottawa can be pretty talented and hard team to play against.

Next season:

Tkachuk-White-Brown
Lafrenniere-Brown-Batherson
Formenton-Pageau-Norris
Duclair-Tierney-Ryan
Extras: Chlapik, Davidsson, Abramov, Kelly, Veronneau, SJ 1st

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Jaros
Wolanin-JBD
Extras: Lassi, Lajoie

Nilsson
Hogberg
Extras: Gustavsson, D'Accord, Sogaard, Mandolese

We're so close to being good I can taste it.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Just gonna be such an Donkey hat to play against.  Yeah, fast as heck, forechecker, Dung disturber.  Everything.

Maybe his hands will be ok at some point and he'll flirt with 20 goals.  That remains to be seen.

I watched the Vegas highlights from the other night. I can't get over how much of a cherry-picker Pacioretty is. Slips out behind the opposing defencemen when the other team loses puck possession in the offensive zone. Clear breakaway every time - zero accountability on D. But it's effective.

With Formenton's speed - especially on the PK - I see no reason why he can't score 10 goals a year on partial breakaways. Even in his 9 games last season, he had a couple chances each game on partial or full breakaways. I expect to see a few tonight against a weak Toronto D. If his hands catch up to his feet I see 20-25 being the norm for him. I see him as a third liner with Norris and Balcers. If they re-sign Pageau, I see Norris sliding to the wing. That's a nasty shutdown line with a ton of speed and offensive potential down the road. Add in Lafrenniere and Ottawa can be pretty talented and hard team to play against.

Next season:

Tkachuk-White-Brown
Formenton-Pageau-Norris
Duclair-Tierney-Ryan

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Jaros
Wolanin-JBD

Nilsson
Hogberg

I like what you did with Lafreniere, but Lassi is 3-4 years away in my opinion. My analysis of him have changed, but my timeframe hasn’t.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

And Pacioretty has made a career of that at even-strength and especially short-handed.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

Next season:

Tkachuk-White-Brown
Formenton-Pageau-Norris
Duclair-Tierney-Ryan

Chabot-Zaitsev
Brannstrom-Jaros
Wolanin-JBD

Nilsson
Hogberg

I like what you did with Lafreniere, but Lassi is 3-4 years away in my opinion. My analysis of him have changed, but my timeframe hasn’t.

Extras are guys in the system. If Lassi does well in a men's league he may be closer than we think. Two years away IMO

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

And I think I see JBD making the jump. Maybe not a full time NHLer next season but I think they'll want him in to develop with this young core. They can take their time with Lassi. Or they slot De Melo in where I have JBD on a two-year deal.

I also love that next year's draft is in Mtl. Would be amazing to see the Sens draft top-two and also use some of those seconds and their SJ 1st to move up and get another top-ten guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum