GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Lagoon
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
wprager
DefenceWinsChampionships
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Ev wrote:
wprager wrote:Not a fan of putting the A on two 6-7 d-men.  One of them should always be sitting in the press room. Instead, one of them is bound to always be in the ice.  Guess they'll teach the kids the art of landing a top five pick.

There would be no reason for Hanisey to ever be scratched IMO.

Boro is a different story

To play devil's advocate, it's a pretty soft defence without Boro in their though.

To play devil's advocate some more.

Top five teams - hits per game:

1. Pittsburgh
2. Vegas
3. Montreal
4. Edmonton
5. New York Rangers

(two playoff teams)

Bottom five teams - hits per game:

27. Buffalo
28. Nashville
29. Toronto
30. Chicago
31. Calgary

(three playoff teams)

Other stats:

- Ottawa (worst team in the league) finished 19th. Winnipeg, Dallas, Vancouver ahead of them. Philly, Detroit, Columbus right behind.
- St. Louis finished 24th. Boston finished 15th. Difference of three hits per game
- Pitt avg. of 28.8 hpg vs Calgary avg. of 15
- Boston, Tampa, Winnipeg, Colorado, NYR had the most PIMs per game. (4 playoff teams)
- Vegas, Arizona, Buffalo, Columbus, Toronto had the least PIMs per game. (3 playoff teams)

I think 'toughness' is overrated. Maybe 'timely' toughness is something more representative but I don't think hits or playing a 'dirty' game really matter.

Ergo, Boro is unnecessary.

Hockeyhero22000

Veteran
Veteran

I think Christian jaros is more than capable to replace that and is a more productive player

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:I think Christian jaros is more than capable to replace that and is a more productive player

Absolutely. More mobile, more effective, more everything.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Toughness doesn't help you get to the playoffs.
Toughness helps you get *through* the playoffs.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's quite simple, actually. You hit someone really hard on the regular season and maybe even injure them, that helps out the next team your opponent is playing.

In the playoffs you get 4-7 games against the same opponent. Even if you don't knock a guy out in the first game you soften him up, make him less eager to go into the corners, etc.

Rough play is much more relevant in the post season. Especially in the later rounds when players lose a step and are easier to catch.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah you need a team wolf pack mentality in the playoffs

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Unlike the look of the pageau duclair and Batherson line could be a fast good line

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Unlike the look of the pageau duclair and Batherson line could be a fast good line

Hmm, interesting. I would like batherson with the most talented c, but that could work

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Thing is, their most talented center might be playing in Belleville to start the year, and the next one for the line does not have Pageau's experience in the league.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

This is a player that we will regret not taking when we had ample opportunity.

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 518f3510

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So the guy lost his s*it with 10 minutes to go in the game. Do you have something else?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:This is a player that we will regret not taking when we had ample opportunity.

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS! - Page 2 518f3510

Sorry, who are you talking about here?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Albin Grewe. Detroit took him.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sorry. Couldn't follow the jump

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm neither here nor there on grewe.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sens game day!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Sens game day!

And it's a 5:30 start time thanks to weird Newfie time.

Ahhhhh!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Holy cow, formenton grew an inch to 6 3, but he gained 25 pounds since last training camp to 190.

Batherson at 21 grew an inch, which is strange

Abramov, Norris and formenton are apparently of the best lines right now. Abramov making a case to be a call up. Good for him!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum