GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

GM Hockey » Ottawa Senators » Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 35 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Norris with another goal and 5 shots tonight. 4 points in his first 6 professional games. We may have a player on our hands. Batherson with no points but 7 shots. Hogberg stopped 39 of 41 shots.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Nice win. Brown had a good game including some good defensive plays. His hockey IQ is evident, and his skating didn't seem to be a hindrance. He unfortunately didn't use his size that well and his compete/intensity level wasn't there.

I was more surprised by Nick Paul who had himself a really nice game. He was all over the ice.
I hope they give him more than a game as the first game might not be the best indication even though that’s been his signature so far. How does he not hustle more though? It’s pretty clear to everyone, you’d think he’d take it to heart

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Brown was all over the place. A lot of chances was created by his line. Lots of positives, Detroit is horrific though, so let's see how he plays vs harder competition.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Flo The Action wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Nice win. Brown had a good game including some good defensive plays. His hockey IQ is evident, and his skating didn't seem to be a hindrance. He unfortunately didn't use his size that well and his compete/intensity level wasn't there.

I was more surprised by Nick Paul who had himself a really nice game. He was all over the ice.
I hope they give him more than a game as the first game might not be the best indication even though that’s been his signature so far. How does he not hustle more though? It’s pretty clear to everyone, you’d think he’d take it to heart

He hustled, he broke up that detroit play with a beauty of a back check, then had a nice chance himself. I liked everything about his game, I'm surprised to hear any negatives.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
On the other hand, I thought Brannstrom struggled for the most part.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Norris with another goal and 5 shots tonight. 4 points in his first 6 professional games. We may have a player on our hands. Batherson with no points but 7 shots. Hogberg stopped 39 of 41 shots.

7 shots. That's fantastic, I love to see that!

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Brown was all over the place.  A lot of chances was created by his line.  Lots of positives, Detroit is horrific though, so let's see how he plays vs harder competition.

He's 6'6". He should be pushing guys around in front of the net and more active in the corners. I didn't see that out of him. He wasn't on loose pucks quickly but I do agree he was back-cheking well . Just like to see a guy that size use all of his tools - especially those that can really set him apart from the rest

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
Good game, even if they lose playing like that, who cares.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Brown was all over the place.  A lot of chances was created by his line.  Lots of positives, Detroit is horrific though, so let's see how he plays vs harder competition.

He's 6'6". He should be pushing guys around in front of the net and more active in the corners. I didn't see that out of him. He wasn't on loose pucks quickly but I do agree he was back-cheking well . Just like to see a guy that size use all of his tools - especially those that can really set him apart from the rest

He appears to be more of a box out kind of player instead of a physical player. No problem with that, especially if he plays with tkachuk. He had a very long reach and seems quite smart at identifying plays and thwarting passes.

I was impressed for the most part. Solid debut.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
Sorry. I don't mean to dung on him. I thought Brown was really good is probably our most talented forward. I guess in my eyes he can be even better but maybe the player we see is the player he is. Thornton and Spezza were perimeter guys and I would take them (in their primes) in a heartbeat.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Meh, it's all good. We all bring our opinions and it makes it more interesting IMO. I'll watch closer Friday night, but I don't think you'll see him hitting people out of the way, more likely kind of standing in front of the net as a hard to move big player.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
It was very good timing to have Brown up and put him on the "top" line against a terrible Detroit opponent. He only had 12 minutes, so that # has to go up. He also was terrible in faceoffs, but that's expected for a rookie.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
tim1_2 wrote:It was very good timing to have Brown up and put him on the "top" line against a terrible Detroit opponent. He only had 12 minutes, so that # has to go up. He also was terrible in faceoffs, but that's expected for a rookie.  

I hate that none of our players are good at faceoffs. 12 minutes is not enough, I didn't realize that, but we were on the PK a lot again that game. 5 times I think? Something ridiculous like that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Mark my words, when we're ready to compete, we better have guys who can win faceoffs and gain possession in both zones or we're completely Cussed.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It was very good timing to have Brown up and put him on the "top" line against a terrible Detroit opponent. He only had 12 minutes, so that # has to go up. He also was terrible in faceoffs, but that's expected for a rookie.  

I hate that none of our players are good at faceoffs.  12 minutes is not enough, I didn't realize that, but we were on the PK a lot again that game.  5 times I think?  Something ridiculous like that.

Pageau is decent on faceoffs. But yeah...when you're not a good team at the best of times and you're losing every faceoff, it makes things that much worse.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Meh, it's all good.  We all bring our opinions and it makes it more interesting IMO.  I'll watch closer Friday night, but I don't think you'll see him hitting people out of the way, more likely kind of standing in front of the net as a hard to move big player.

Which I am okay with - especially for someone with an injury history. I guess he leaves a couple things to be desired which is probably what the coaching staff sees too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

Veteran
Veteran
PTFlea wrote:Mark my words, when we're ready to compete, we better have guys who can win faceoffs and gain possession in both zones or we're completely Cussed.

We need Kenopka back lol

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I hate that none of our players are good at faceoffs.  12 minutes is not enough, I didn't realize that, but we were on the PK a lot again that game.  5 times I think?  Something ridiculous like that.

Pageau is decent on faceoffs.  But yeah...when you're not a good team at the best of times and you're losing every faceoff, it makes things that much worse.
Pageau is 49.4% in face offs.Tierney is our best at 58.8%

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 35 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 51 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum