GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Even if by some miracle the Sens and Sharks are the bottom two teams in the league it would still be a less than 1 in 3 chance of getting the 1st overall.

Id prefer two top five picks over 1st and say 15th

This. In any draft too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
wprager wrote:Even if by some miracle the Sens and Sharks are the bottom two teams in the league it would still be a less than 1 in 3 chance of getting the 1st overall.

Id prefer two top five picks over 1st and say 15th

This. In any draft too.

Yupp. Listen I don't think SJ will garner a top 5 pick, but a top 15 + some other picks may help move their pick down. I imagine Pageau, Hainsey, De Melo etc will get us a few more picks which should help the Sens this off-season. Couple this with a Melnyk sale, some active trading, and maybe a key free agent signing or two and I think it'll be a great off-season in Ottawa. Just hope for a good development year and some lottery luck.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

DeMelo is a RHD who had played top-four in this league and is paid under $1M. Hainsey will be gone, JBD and Thomson won't be ready for a couple years, and Jaros is not ahead of DeMelo.

The right side is a little thin next season.

On the other hand, a RHD who has played top four and makes under $1M could be great trade bait.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:DeMelo is a RHD who had played top-four in this league and is paid under $1M.  Hainsey will be gone, JBD and Thomson won't be ready for a couple years, and Jaros is not ahead of DeMelo.

The right side is a little thin next season.

On the other hand, a RHD who has played top four and makes under $1M could be great trade bait.

I should backtrack a bit and say that De Melo, Hainsey, Ennis, Anderson, Pageau, Tierney, Anisimov, Ryan, Lajoie, Chlapik, Paul, Boedker, Duclair could all be on the block come the deadline. Not all of them will go. I expect Boedker, Anderson, Hainsey, Ennis, and Pageau to be gone, with De Melo being re-signed to a 3 year deal at $3M/season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not sure DeMelo is worth $3M, versus one more year of Jaros at under $1M followers by JBD and/or Thomson.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

If you guys haven’t seen any of the Canes 3 straight come from behind victories including their domination of the Bolts just now, I’m sorry, you are really sheltering your hockey experience and dare I say abusing yourself with just the Sens product.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's called being a fan of a particular team. This BS sandlot being a "fan of the game" is just BS.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Nope. It is a blast flipping over to the Detroit game after to watch their young top line dominate. Mantha with the hatty.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

But, you see, I don't give a flying fig about Mantha or any RedWings player. But when a plug from Orleans scores a goal for the good guys I get excited.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:But, you see, I don't give a flying fig about Mantha or any RedWings player. But when a plug from Orleans scores a goal for the good guys I get excited.
I get excited because it means the Wings are better than us Smile

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:But, you see, I don't give a flying fig about Mantha or any RedWings player. But when a plug from Orleans scores a goal for the good guys I get excited.

I am actually more excited about the B-Sens than the Sens at this point.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yeah. Unless I have time to spare (lol), I dedicate the time to watching Ottawa, no matter how bad they are. Cussing Detroit comes up dead last in term of giving a crap.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Like to see Pitt take a run at Pageau

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Like to have Pageau amass as many points as possible heading into the deadline.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

In that case, your excitement level will by x30 this season.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Like to see Pitt take a run at Pageau

Not me. I’d like to see Pageau go to a team that will make the playoffs. He’s dynamite in them.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Like to see Pitt take a run at Pageau

Not me. I’d like to see Pageau go to a team that will make the playoffs. He’s dynamite in them.

Just got namestnikov. Weird

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Anyway. Pageau on Pitt as a 2C would be huge for them. They're desperate. Now would be a good time to do it

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum