GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Faulk to st Louis apparently.

The Jerks continue to amaze.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm not a huge fan of the deal for either team to be honest. Don't see much upside either side

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

Bokk is going to be very good and Faulk can already be internally replaced by better players in Hamilton or Gardiner.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ev wrote:i'm not a huge fan of the deal for either team to be honest. Don't see much upside either side

Pretty meh for both, yeah. Depends on Bokk I guess.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

M. Tkachuk 3 x $7M. Same dollar value that I think Brady will sign for

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:M. Tkachuk 3 x $7M. Same dollar value that I think Brady will sign for

See, this is where I find it tricky. 3 years is not a long time, nor is 4 when it comes to hockey players in their prime.

If Tkatchuk opts for arbitration after the 3 years, he can be awarded a 1 year contract that takes him straight to free agency.

I don't like that, I'd rather try for 8 years and up the AVV.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:M. Tkachuk 3 x $7M. Same dollar value that I think Brady will sign for

See, this is where I find it tricky.  3 years is not a long time, nor is 4 when it comes to hockey players in their prime.

If Tkatchuk opts for arbitration after the 3 years, he can be awarded a 1 year contract that takes him straight to free agency.

Yeah but the flames had little to no cap space. I think they got squeezed. They cross their fingers that either the cap goes up and allows them to change their cap situation in the next 3 years but of course they risk the chance of arb as you said.

It’s not easy. Good thing we are able to lock up our best players in the next few years and by the time Lafreniere Sarcasm needs a contract, Bobby Ryan will be off the books Laugh1

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sens more or less have a blank slate with a ton of prospects in the system. we need an elite forward or two and we'll be a playoff team again in another season or two.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

See, this is where I find it tricky.  3 years is not a long time, nor is 4 when it comes to hockey players in their prime.

Yeah but the flames had little to no cap space. I think they got squeezed. They cross their fingers that either the cap goes up and allows them to change their cap situation in the next 3 years but of course they risk the chance of arb as you said.

It’s not easy. Good thing we are able to lock up our best players in the next few years and by the time Lafreniere Sarcasm  needs a contract, Bobby Ryan will be off the books Laugh1

As soon as you give marquee players a choice, it can come back and really bite you. Give Tkachuk 3 years, he elects arbitration for 1 year, then he goes to UFA. Calgary could be saying anything they want and he might be looking at the green pastures of UFA at the age of 25 and ready to have a bidding war over his services.

I think it's very dangerous - and as a Sens fan, I don't want any part of it. Hopefully Brady will look at the same contract as Chabot, but now you're starting to see that it's not a slam dunk at all and that Ottawa really signed Chabot to an amazing contract. Really forward thinking for once.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

It’s not easy. Good thing we are able to lock up our best players in the next few years and by the time Lafreniere Sarcasm  needs a contract, Bobby Ryan will be off the books Laugh1

As soon as you give marquee players a choice, it can come back and really bite you.  Give Tkachuk 3 years, he elects arbitration for 1 year, then he goes to UFA.  Calgary could be saying anything they want and he might be looking at the green pastures of UFA at the age of 25 and ready to have a bidding war over his services.

I think it's very dangerous - and as a Sens fan, I don't want any part of it.  Hopefully Brady will look at the same contract as Chabot, but now you're starting to see that it's not a slam dunk at all and that Ottawa really signed Chabot to an amazing contract.  Really forward thinking for once.

Yeah, it’s a very dangerous game for sure. I’m just saying they might not had much of a chance. Who do they trade to make room for his larger contract on the books? They don’t have wiggle room this year.

The Sens might be In a good situation as of now but that will change if Melny doesn’t sell the team. We’re under our own cap.

I also hope we sign Brady to a 7-8 years but judging whathis brother just got on a 3 year do you really think he signs a long term deal for the same dollar value? Do you actually want to give him the same contract than Chabot? I know values of contracts go up every year but I have my reservations about giving Chabot money to Tkachuk. Vidently we don’t know what tis year will look like for him at the moment.
Let us see

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

As soon as you give marquee players a choice, it can come back and really bite you.  Give Tkachuk 3 years, he elects arbitration for 1 year, then he goes to UFA.  Calgary could be saying anything they want and he might be looking at the green pastures of UFA at the age of 25 and ready to have a bidding war over his services.

I think it's very dangerous - and as a Sens fan, I don't want any part of it.  Hopefully Brady will look at the same contract as Chabot, but now you're starting to see that it's not a slam dunk at all and that Ottawa really signed Chabot to an amazing contract.  Really forward thinking for once.

Yeah, it’s a very dangerous game for sure. I’m just saying they might not had much of a chance. Who do they trade to make room for his larger contract on the books? They don’t have wiggle room this year.

The Sens might be In a good situation as of now but that will change if Melny doesn’t sell the team. We’re under our own cap.

I also hope we sign Brady to a 7-8 years but judging whathis brother just got on a 3 year do you really think he signs a long term deal for the same dollar value? Do you actually want to give him the same contract than Chabot? I know values of contracts go up every year but I have my reservations about giving Chabot money to Tkachuk. Vidently we don’t know what tis year will look like for him at the moment.
Let us see

8 x 8 perhaps. Nothing less imo. But he hasn't hit 30 plus goals yet, even if his brother is older, he's done it.

Maybe these teams feel confident signing them long after the 3 years. It makes me nervous personally. Probably because I'm an Ottawa in the melnyk era.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Does TB or Vegas win the Presidents trophy?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

So, after last night, still unwilling to give Tkachuk $8x8?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Give it to him.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:Does TB or Vegas win the Presidents trophy?

I think we should be good to do our pre season ranking and predictions for this weekend.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ouch, rumours out there that Drouin is on the block. That's...disastrous for Montreal.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ouch, rumours out there that Drouin is on the block.  That's...disastrous for Montreal.

is it just a rumor though or something serious? tbh honest i could see those being rumors started by the club to light a fire under his Donkey. i guess he hasn't shown much this fall but i'm not sure the habs would be looking to part ways with him just yet.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ouch, rumours out there that Drouin is on the block.  That's...disastrous for Montreal.

is it just a rumor though or something serious? tbh honest i could see those being rumors started by the club to light a fire under his Donkey. i guess he hasn't shown much this fall but i'm not sure the habs would be looking to part ways with him just yet.

Yeah that was a tough trade at the time and even tougher now seeing how good sergachev's become.

Does anyone else think Kotkaniemi is going to be the guy that regresses as a sophomore? He's looked uninspired all pre-season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum