GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 67]

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

It won’t last, but still funny. An OHL team or overseas are probably where he will end up this season.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
PTFlea wrote:What's his deal?

He’s moody. He’s the bad kind of cocky. Selfish on the ice. Has anger issues and can’t control his emotions. Lastly, nothing is ever his fault. The weird thing is, all these things only come out when he enters the arena.

Peterborough just told Merkley to not even come to their city. They are having trouble trading him because nobody wants him.

Want to hear hilarious? Merkley is playing Jr. B this season now.

how is that even possible?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:It won’t last, but still funny. An OHL team or overseas are probably where he will end up this season.

he needs a psychologist at this point. the kid doesn't know what he's got.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:
Lagoon wrote:It won’t last, but still funny. An OHL team or overseas are probably where he will end up this season.

he needs a psychologist at this point. the kid doesn't know what he's got.

He’s doing well in SJ’s camp by all reports. Hasn’t looked out of place in his games, but he just can’t be a pro yet. Junior is his only option along with overseas. What level Jr? It won’t stay B for long.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently the Junior B thing wasn't correct, but who knows

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The Leafs are trying out Spezza at wing....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lol, good choice in signing spezza

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Lol, good choice in signing spezza

you would have done the same!!! Laughing3

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To be fair, it was a very low-risk signing, and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't have much impact.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

To be fair, it was a very low-risk signing, and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't have much impact.
Agreed, and it likely won't work out - and I also understand he wanted to be close to his family, but what a way to end your career. If he's not scratched half of the games, I'll be very surprised.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So they're moving him to the wing? Will he still take faceoffs? I think he led the league in faceoff win percentage last year.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Kinda surprised to see the point deal. I’d imagine someone would have offer sheeted him a large contract at a much higher AAV.

Guess he really wants to stay in Tampa.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Yeah we may never know but someone may have thrown him one and he turned it down.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Kinda surprised to see the point deal. I’d imagine someone would have offer sheeted him a large contract at a much higher  AAV.

Guess he really wants to stay in Tampa.

In 3 years, you are gonna see a BIG contract unless he regresses bad

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Faulk to st Louis apparently.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

PTFlea wrote:Faulk to st Louis apparently.

The Jerks continue to amaze.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'm not a huge fan of the deal for either team to be honest. Don't see much upside either side

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Bokk is going to be very good and Faulk can already be internally replaced by better players in Hamilton or Gardiner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 38 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum