GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

On a side note. What happened yesterday at 12:45am that set a new record for most people on the forum at once?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I heard, on Sportsnet Radio, out in Calgary, that TO offered Marner a 7 year 77 million dollar contract and he turned it down.

Yeah...you'll have to do better than that to get him signed into his ufa years.

That's us dollars too. I think someone said it was 116 Canadian million dollars

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Matthews is making 11.6 per year. How much more do you think Marner should get?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:Matthews is making 11.6 per year.  How much more do you think Marner should get?

Buying 3 years of free agency in the absolute prime of his career?  5 years down the road with Seattle in the league to add to revenue?

12.5 million x 7 minimum. The leafs are Cussed, they cant sign him for 3 years because the next year will apparently be a qualifying offer year which leads to free agency.  They cant do 5 for the same reason, so they're trying to get to 7 years and they will  PAY.

Remember the leafs paid Matthew 11.5 million for his RFA years, plus 1 UFA year.  They blew that contract.  He'll hit free agency in 5 years and be gone from Toronto.  Gone.

A 1st overall gone in his prime, unless miraculously Toronto can sign him, but there will be 20 teams lined up for Matthews including his hometown team in Arizona.  He'd be a fool not to test free agency and then we all know how that can go.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Provorov just signed for way too much money. He’s struggled lately even though I like him. Tough to say if he can regain the magic of his first season or if he will just become Phaneuf. That’s probably a better Chabot comparable than Morrisey however.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lagoon wrote:Provorov just signed for way too much money. He’s struggled lately even though I like him. Tough to say if he can regain the magic of his first season or if he will just become Phaneuf. That’s probably a better Chabot comparable than Morrisey however.

I dont see a chabot comparison at all. Chabot's on another level

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

They impact the game in differing ways but they both do it as equally important to their team imo.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:Provorov just signed for way too much money. He’s struggled lately even though I like him. Tough to say if he can regain the magic of his first season or if he will just become Phaneuf. That’s probably a better Chabot comparable than Morrisey however.

How much did he sign for?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'm all for a steady dman and I think that's the rate - if not higher for a steady guy who can put up points, but chabot's value is absolutely higher imo.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I like it though, that's an asset in a big way, especially with the cap potentially rising soon. What a tidy trade chip if you're not close after the 5 years. Attractive cap hit.

All good here.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Ya I thought it was a fair deal too.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:

How much did he sign for?

I think exact same as Morrisey’s. 6.75AAV

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:
Cap'n Clutch wrote:Matthews is making 11.6 per year.  How much more do you think Marner should get?

Buying 3 years of free agency in the absolute prime of his career?  5 years down the road with Seattle in the league to add to revenue?

12.5 million x 7 minimum. The leafs are Cussed, they cant sign him for 3 years because the next year will apparently be a qualifying offer year which leads to free agency.  They cant do 5 for the same reason, so they're trying to get to 7 years and they will  PAY.

Remember the leafs paid Matthew 11.5 million for his RFA years, plus 1 UFA year.  They blew that contract.  He'll hit free agency in 5 years and be gone from Toronto.  Gone.

A 1st overall gone in his prime, unless miraculously Toronto can sign him, but there will be 20 teams lined up for Matthews including his hometown team in Arizona.  He'd be a fool not to test free agency and then we all know how that can go.
I agree they Cussed up with Matthews. If I was TO I’d try to give a two year bridge to Marner. So that you can at least do a 7-8 year contract after and spread out the hold on the player. There’s a good chance they lose Matthews in 5. How much would they have to pay Marner in 2? Anything between 10 and 12.5? He could have a couple of injuries in the mean time and they could get him cheaper also. He had such a good year last year that he’s banking on him being better. But who knows. I’m not finding Dumbas to be very good at managing the team. He’s gonna fail.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I agree they Cussed up with Matthews. If I was TO I’d try to give a two year bridge to Marner. So that you can at least do a 7-8 year contract after and spread out the hold on the player. There’s a good chance they lose Matthews in 5. How much would they have to pay Marner in 2? Anything between 10 and 12.5? He could have a couple of injuries in the mean time and they could get him cheaper also. He had such a good year last year that he’s banking on him being better. But who knows. I’m not finding Dumbas to be very good at managing the team. He’s gonna fail.

What would a 2 year cost and would Marner even bother signing it? Tough situation to be in.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

6 years at an AAV of $10.893M.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Half the cap on 4 forwards. If Andersen falters even a little they will be in a lot of trouble.

Mind you, he only has to be good, not great, and still win a ton of games.

Last edited by wprager on Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Big Four playoffs stats combine for 1 goal every 3 games. Pageau also averages 1 goal every 3 playoffs games. While killing penalties and playing in a defensive role.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Do the dominoes start falling with Colorado, Vancouver, Winnipeg and Calgary with their top end RFAs now that Marner has inked a long term deal?

- Unknown Author

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 36 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum