GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

This was Mark Fraser on the Sens and Melnyk:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/mark-fraser-no-faith-in-sens-ownership-1.5037268

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

How much did they hate Babcock? Damn...they must feel so much better playing for keefe.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Grubauer let in a couple of weak ones, Andersen made a bunch of highlight reel saves, Leafs win by two with an empty-net good. I don't think they have solved anything. If Andersen gets injured they will miss the playoffs. If they make the playoffs he will be too worn down to play at a high level for 4 rounds.

I think they need a competent backup even more than they need to fix their D.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Habs blow a 4-0 and then a 5-3 leads and lose in regulation at home.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Habs blow a 4-0 and then a 5-3 leads and lose in regulation at home.

Music to my ears. Damn Sharts keep winning though.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think we'll have to be lucky to get a top 10 pick. But we're also due for a bit of luck.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:How much did they hate Babcock?  Damn...they must feel so much better playing for keefe.

I always said Babcock was one of the most overrated coaches. He had a totally stacked Detroit team when he won the Cup. And then I guess he got an Olympic gold or two, but I'm pretty sure I could've coached those teams.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:How much did they hate Babcock?  Damn...they must feel so much better playing for keefe.

I always said Babcock was one of the most overrated coaches.  He had a totally stacked Detroit team when he won the Cup.  And then I guess he got an Olympic gold or two, but I'm pretty sure I could've coached those teams.

After the public bashing he took I wonder how quickly he'd be behind a bench. Many are saying Seattle but I am not so sure he'll be employed that quickly.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

GMs might be a bit more hesitant to hire Babcock now that they've seen players speak out about him. Time will tell....I wouldn't want to hire him because he underachieved with Toronto and also he'll be expensive.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Lehner is just such an awesome quote. Guy has no filter and good for him. Truly refreshing and remarkable. Time to trade for him on my fantasy team.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Looks like San Jose found themselves. Been quite good over the past 10 games.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Looks like San Jose found themselves. Been quite good over the past 10 games.

I think they will start losing again soon. 5 of their wins in that span were in OT and SO. They still have -10 goal differential.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I just don’t see how things improve that much for sjs. There’s a lot of good teams ahead of them that have had poor stretches also. Law of average to me says they will average out just outside a wildcard spot

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Agreed. But they aren't the bottom feeder they were a month ago.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Agreed. But they aren't the bottom feeder they were a month ago.

no, don't think that was ever realistic. It would be if one of their big D gets injured IMO

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

My guess is they go 6-4 over their next 10

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I wonder what the big delay is in firing Peters. Seems like it's a forgone conclusion at this point. Also, can you do the Flames a solid and have the Sens lose? :D

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:I wonder what the big delay is in firing Peters.  Seems like it's a forgone conclusion at this point.  Also, can you do the Flames a solid and have the Sens lose? :D

Yeah, he 100% will be fired. As in any other workplace though, they need to show that there was a proper investigation done though, and that facts were collected and validated. It’s only been what…3 days or something since this all hit the fan? The Flames did the right think in sending Peters home while the investigation takes place. It’s kind of a Dung thing to lose your job for something that happened years ago, but that’s life I guess…it sounds like Peters has had a pattern of abusive behaviour.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 52 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum