GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ouch, rumours out there that Drouin is on the block. That's...disastrous for Montreal.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Ouch, rumours out there that Drouin is on the block.  That's...disastrous for Montreal.

is it just a rumor though or something serious? tbh honest i could see those being rumors started by the club to light a fire under his Donkey. i guess he hasn't shown much this fall but i'm not sure the habs would be looking to part ways with him just yet.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:Ouch, rumours out there that Drouin is on the block.  That's...disastrous for Montreal.

is it just a rumor though or something serious? tbh honest i could see those being rumors started by the club to light a fire under his Donkey. i guess he hasn't shown much this fall but i'm not sure the habs would be looking to part ways with him just yet.

Yeah that was a tough trade at the time and even tougher now seeing how good sergachev's become.

Does anyone else think Kotkaniemi is going to be the guy that regresses as a sophomore? He's looked uninspired all pre-season.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Just say no, Dorion.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah that was a tough trade at the time and even tougher now seeing how good sergachev's become.

Does anyone else think Kotkaniemi is going to be the guy that regresses as a sophomore? He's looked uninspired all pre-season.

I don't feel like he looked that amazing last year. I think he would have been better served to not be in the NHL last year. learn to dominate at a level below.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Just say no, Dorion.

I can't see Dorion going after him. Not the type of player we are after. If anything it's the top line C prospect and RHD that Dorion should try to improve. I'm unsure if Brown is that guy and if I'm doubtful, I'm sure the org will.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Just say no, Dorion.

I can't see Dorion going after him. Not the type of player we are after. If anything it's the top line C prospect and RHD that Dorion should try to improve. I'm unsure if Brown is that guy and if I'm doubtful, I'm sure the org will.

Hopefully we have the franchise C dressed and ready to go this time next year. If not, the franchise LW is just as powerful IMO.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I'd be okay with Drouin. Not a terrible contract and he's a useful player. I see him as comparable to Duclair tbh

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I'd be okay with Drouin. Not a terrible contract and he's a useful player. I see him as comparable to Duclair tbh

I dunno about that yet, let's find out this year and hopefully you're right.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That's exactly the reason for steering clear - we already have one player like that and not enough resources to support two.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Someone's gonna take a chance that he's a 70 plus point guy and try to get him I assume.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It requires effort across the organization to keep players like that in check. We don't have the resources to support two. But someone will.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Merkley traded to Kingston for a condition 2nd and a 3rd (the 2nd could become a 3rd).

67s play Peterborough this weekend in their home opener so they won't be facing him.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Drouin's a problem child. No thanks.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Laine signed to a 2 year deal.

So the guy that some considered taking over Matthews at #1 is extended 2 years while the guy who did go #1 drops trou and waddles back to his condo.

What a league.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Harper put on waivers... the Zaitsev deal thickens. I don’t have much faith in how this will look a few years from now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Laine signed to a 2 year deal.

So the guy that some considered taking over Matthews at #1 is extended 2 years while the guy who did go #1 drops trou and waddles back to his condo.

What a league.

Worst deal in recent memory. Was just talking to someone about this. 5 years at near 12 million and the player goes straight to ufa. Terrible

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:Harper put on waivers... the Zaitsev deal thickens. I don’t have much faith in how this will look a few years from now.

They didnt care about harpur though, they cared about getting rid of zaitsev.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum