GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So, turns out that Karlsson missing San Jose's first game for "personal reasons" was because he was there watching his wife give birth to their daughter!

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yay! That's fantastic for them!

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

1. I didn't say or imply that what Matthews for was ok. It was not.
2. He knew she was a security guard. He lives in the place she was guarding. Probably has seen her around. This was not a "rapey" thing at all.
3. She was not scared. If anything, she said he should be not careful because of she *thought* she was bring attacked she would have defended herself with a knife she carries (because she is not showed to carry a gun in that place).
4. My comment was probably about you calling him an entitled so-and-so. You don't know him, never met him, have no idea what he is like. I've certainly done and said stuff when I was younger and inebriated that was completely out of character for me.
5. Why does having a daughter somehow makes you more sensitive and aware of sexually aggresive behaviour? I've got two of them. I don't think it entitles me to anything.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:So, turns out that Karlsson missing San Jose's first game for "personal reasons" was because he was there watching his wife give birth to their daughter!

so that on instagram. they look happy. couldn't believe she looked like she walked out of a salon face full of makeup.
my friends certainly didn't look like that when they gave birth hahaha. they all looked beat and dead!

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

On another note Johnathan Dahlen is back playing in Sweden (but on a great scoring pace).

Was the trade still a win by Dorion? Long thought to be disastrous it’s starting to look better. Of course that asset could have been better used but...

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:So, turns out that Karlsson missing San Jose's first game for "personal reasons" was because he was there watching his wife give birth to their daughter!

so that on instagram. they look happy. couldn't believe she looked like she walked out of a salon face full of makeup.
my friends certainly didn't look like that when they gave birth hahaha. they all looked beat and dead!

King Karl -4 last night. Can't cover that up with mascara. SJ 0-2. Come on lottery pick!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lottery pick please!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Even if by some miracle the Sens and Sharks are the bottom two teams in the league it would still be a less than 1 in 3 chance of getting the 1st overall.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:Even if by some miracle the Sens and Sharks are the bottom two teams in the league it would still be a less than 1 in 3 chance of getting the 1st overall.

Id prefer two top five picks over 1st and say 15th

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
wprager wrote:Even if by some miracle the Sens and Sharks are the bottom two teams in the league it would still be a less than 1 in 3 chance of getting the 1st overall.

oh yeah me too... especially in this draft. we really don't need the first over all. but getting an amazing winger and an amazing C would be easy in the top 5. dare to dream...

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

What is up with Brian Burke’s hair?
It looks like a badly done hair gel commercial from the 80’s where they’re promoting the wet look!

Laugh1

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle what a tough call that is imo. I'll go with 1 and 15 personally.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Flo The Action wrote:What is up with Brian Burke’s hair?
It looks like a badly done hair gel commercial from the 80’s where they’re promoting the wet look!

Laugh1
He reminds me of The Santa Clause 2.

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league - Page 17 Tenor10

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Sharks are 0-3 with a -9 goal differential! You think DeBoer is feeling a little heat? How about Torts and Gabby both at 0-2 versus lofty expectations?

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The Leafs had another 4-1 lead In the third and ended up losing 5-4 in the shootout.

Last edited by wprager on Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

This. In any draft too.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Lagoon wrote:

This. In any draft too.

Yupp. Listen I don't think SJ will garner a top 5 pick, but a top 15 + some other picks may help move their pick down. I imagine Pageau, Hainsey, De Melo etc will get us a few more picks which should help the Sens this off-season. Couple this with a Melnyk sale, some active trading, and maybe a key free agent signing or two and I think it'll be a great off-season in Ottawa. Just hope for a good development year and some lottery luck.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DeMelo is a RHD who had played top-four in this league and is paid under $1M. Hainsey will be gone, JBD and Thomson won't be ready for a couple years, and Jaros is not ahead of DeMelo.

The right side is a little thin next season.

On the other hand, a RHD who has played top four and makes under $1M could be great trade bait.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum