GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 16 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Peter, ease up on a 23 year old who got drunk and did something stupid. Growing up here had very little. His parents worked very hard to allow him to develop his skills and it's paid off. But he certainly did not grow up entitled.  It's he a bit if an a-hole? Maybe. Most of them are. Until they mature and settle down. I'm as conservative as they come but even I did stupid things growing up. I just matured a little faster.

Walter, never let a man off the hook when he does something gross to a woman. In this case, he was trying to get in the locked car of a lone female at 2am while he was with a pack of men. The whole thing has rapey undertones which are extremely disturbing.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Peter, ease up on a 23 year old who got drunk and did something stupid. Growing up here had very little. His parents worked very hard to allow him to develop his skills and it's paid off. But he certainly did not grow up entitled.  It's he a bit if an a-hole? Maybe. Most of them are. Until they mature and settle down. I'm as conservative as they come but even I did stupid things growing up. I just matured a little faster.

So, it's okay for a 23 year old to scare the hell out of a security woman, try to get in her car and then moon her and walk away with the pants down?

I did a lot of stupid things, but that kind of stuff was not on the list.

And yes, now that the bunghole has made it and is rich beyond belief, he looks like an entitled Wangsipper to me.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

Walter, never let a man off the hook when he does something gross to a woman.  In this case, he was trying to get in the locked car of a lone female at 2am while he was with a pack of men.  The whole thing has rapey undertones which are extremely disturbing.

VERY disturbing. Maybe it's because I now have a young daughter, maybe not, but if that was my son, I would be really, really upset at the rapey little bunghole.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:

Yeah, I agree. I still pull off plenty of stupidity. People put the microscope too much on people on these things.

Totally. People are making way too much out of this.

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

How come Karlsson didn't okay last night ?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it's disappointing that people think this is no big deal. Imagine that was your daughter at 2 AM. And she doesn't know that he's an NHLer and probably isn't out to rape or hurt her.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I think it's disappointing that people think this is no big deal.  Imagine that was your daughter at 2 AM.  And she doesn't know that he's an NHLer and probably isn't out to rape or hurt her.

A stupid 2am prank is running out of your cab without paying, or peeing on the sidewalk. Terrifying a woman is not a "stupid prank". It speaks to deeper issues.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I think it's disappointing that people think this is no big deal.  Imagine that was your daughter at 2 AM.  And she doesn't know that he's an NHLer and probably isn't out to rape or hurt her.

A stupid 2am prank is running out of your cab without paying, or peeing on the sidewalk.  Terrifying a woman is not a "stupid prank".  It speaks to deeper issues.  

Yep.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

A stupid 2am prank is running out of your cab without paying, or peeing on the sidewalk.  Terrifying a woman is not a "stupid prank".  It speaks to deeper issues.  

The understanding I had was that this woman wasn't even going to make a big deal out of it until Austin's father insisted his son wouldn't do something like she accused him of. Doesn't sound very terrified if she only decided to report it after his father refused a simple apology.

- Unknown Author

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ho-Sang has requested a trade from the Islanders.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Ho-Sang has requested a trade from the Islanders.

Laugh1

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So brad Treliving has been extended by Calgary. I was wondering how you people felt about him. It’s been highlighted by someone else that he and the team had benefited from having high firsts and that their first rounders panned off but that they hadn’t been very successful in drafting and developing players from mid to late rounds. It begs the question I think, is he really that good as the flames seasons shows or is this all show?
I’ll admit that I think he’s done some fairly good trades but this is a team that plays in the worst division in the league. And their FA acquisitions are ok to mediocre in recent memory. Which might explain why they don’t fair so well in the playoffs.

Paper tiger?

Clutch? How do the real knowledgeable flames fans feel about him?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Ho-Sang has requested a trade from the Islanders.

Of course he did. But passing through waivers usually means you get traded for someone else’s problem.

Watch dorion bring us towards the cap floor by trading for someone with a lower contract

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Flo The Action wrote:So brad Treliving has been extended by Calgary. I was wondering how you people felt about him. It’s been highlighted by someone else that he and the team had benefited from having high firsts and that their first rounders panned off but that they hadn’t been very successful in drafting and developing players from mid to late rounds. It begs the question I think, is he really that good as the flames seasons shows or is this all show?
I’ll admit that I think he’s done some fairly good trades but this is a team that plays  in the worst division in the league. And their FA acquisitions are ok to mediocre in recent memory. Which might explain why they don’t fair so well in the playoffs.

Paper tiger?

He seems to have the support of the fan base for now at least. I'm sure if they take a step back, as I fear, things could change. I'm honestly surprised he was extended unless of course this was his last year and they didn't want to leave him out there like a lame duck? I think this season will really be the true evaluation of his time with the Flames personally. If he gets them to stay on track and advance deep into the playoffs then he's worth the extension.

- Unknown Author

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:So brad Treliving has been extended by Calgary. I was wondering how you people felt about him. It’s been highlighted by someone else that he and the team had benefited from having high firsts and that their first rounders panned off but that they hadn’t been very successful in drafting and developing players from mid to late rounds. It begs the question I think, is he really that good as the flames seasons shows or is this all show?
I’ll admit that I think he’s done some fairly good trades but this is a team that plays  in the worst division in the league. And their FA acquisitions are ok to mediocre in recent memory. Which might explain why they don’t fair so well in the playoffs.

Paper tiger?

He seems to have the support of the fan base for now at least.  I'm sure if they take a step back, as I fear, things could change.  I'm honestly surprised he was extended unless of course this was his last year and they didn't want to leave him out there like a lame duck?  I think this season will really be the true evaluation of his time with the Flames personally.  If he gets them to stay on track and advance deep into the playoffs then he's worth the extension.

that's part of what i'm wondering. he seems good enough at trading. so he could manage another good trade maybe to make them better. but it's the long term/drafting that doesn't seem to be there. you only really live that years after the fact.

flames don't have a highly rated prospect system. one of the worse. (23rd according to sporting news, Pronman ranks them as 31st).

like most hockey teams. GM's are rarely completely responsible for putting together the team that wins the cup. past GM's most often bear half the responsibility.
(obv long-standing GM's are the exception)

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So, turns out that Karlsson missing San Jose's first game for "personal reasons" was because he was there watching his wife give birth to their daughter!

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Oh yay! That's fantastic for them!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

1. I didn't say or imply that what Matthews for was ok. It was not.
2. He knew she was a security guard. He lives in the place she was guarding. Probably has seen her around. This was not a "rapey" thing at all.
3. She was not scared. If anything, she said he should be not careful because of she *thought* she was bring attacked she would have defended herself with a knife she carries (because she is not showed to carry a gun in that place).
4. My comment was probably about you calling him an entitled so-and-so. You don't know him, never met him, have no idea what he is like. I've certainly done and said stuff when I was younger and inebriated that was completely out of character for me.
5. Why does having a daughter somehow makes you more sensitive and aware of sexually aggresive behaviour? I've got two of them. I don't think it entitles me to anything.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 16 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 41 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum