GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 42 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I feel a bit bad for EK, but here's hoping SJ plummets.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I feel a bit bad for EK, but here's hoping SJ plummets.

I forgot to mention that Maguire also stated he thinks SJ regrets signing EK and that money could have gone to better use elsewhere (ie: Braun, Donskoi, Pavelski, +). He said everyone, including Tampa Bay, thought Karlsson was going to Tampa.

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I was very surprised when SJ signed EK to that 8 year contract. It would've been much smarter to walk away at that point. I dunno if they have any hope of trading that contract (probably not)...having buyer's remorse in year one is bad.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I am not sure if he's been the problem in SJ. He was known as a coach killer here and so far it's looking like that pattern is going to repeat. But Karlsson's numbers haven't been that bad this year. 24 points in 32 games; -3. He and Burns are more or less putting up the same stats but Burns is a -21.

They actually have 7 guys -10 or worse. Comparatively speaking, Ottawa doesn't have any. Their worst +/- player is Anisimov at -8 (Brannstrom was -7)

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Diddle yeah, think about that. 8 more years...

No thank you

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Zadina popped his first NHL goal tonight

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Go wings!

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

First game of the homestand, 6-3 loss to the Rangers. Karlsson and Burns a combined -5.

This Pierre guy is a genius!

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:First game of the homestand, 6-3 loss to the Rangers. Karlsson and Burns a combined -5.

This Pierre guy is a genius!

I said they would (at best) go 3-4 on this road trip. I had them beating the Rangers...

I watched the extended highlights. The Sharks hit the post a few times and Jones let in some really bad goals. If they can address their goaltending they may be able to turn their season around. Unfortunately they have Jones locked up for another 4 seasons but they could waive Dell and bring someone else in (Hutchinson, Kinkaid, etc) on the cheap. They could also move Melker Karlsson and free up a bit of money to bring in another d-man.

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Taylor Hall traded to Arizona!

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson trade was better. Not a fan of any of the prospects included. But the conditions on the third are more realistic than those in the Ottawa trade.

De Melo, Tierney, Balcers, Norris > Schnarr, Merkley, Bahl

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Karlsson trade was better. Not a fan of any of the prospects included. But the conditions on the third are more realistic than those in the Ottawa trade.

Yeah, at first glance I prefer the Karlsson trade. NJ’s first rounder is also top-3 protected. Of course, they could be terrible next year too, so it should be a high pick regardless. I don’t know much about the prospects NJ got.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Doesnt sound like a great return, but we all said the same for Karlsson

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And again, you have to take what’s on the table. If other GM’s aren’t ponying up, there’s not much you can do. I really like this move by Arizona. It’s about time they make a push.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Karlsson trade was better. Not a fan of any of the prospects included. But the conditions on the third are more realistic than those in the Ottawa trade.

Yeah, at first glance I prefer the Karlsson trade.  NJ’s first rounder is also top-3 protected.  Of course, they could be terrible next year too, so it should be a high pick regardless.  I don’t know much about the prospects NJ got.

I think Bahl is the best of the three but he's also on a stacked 67s team. But stacked teams don't become stacked without having really good players at every position.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Josh Ho-Sang...ending his weird holdout and reporting to the AHL.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-josh-ho-sang-to-report-to-new-york-islanders-ahl-affiliate-today-1.1414525

What a character.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I find this trade anti-climactic. doesn't do it for me.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

It was another quantity over quality. They should have traded for their 1st, conditional 1st and their first from last year or the year before. Depth prospects are meaningless

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 42 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum