GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Islanders and Jackets go head to head so there's one of those teams winning. Habs play the Blues while Florida battles the Preds.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Colorado is good and they have cap space to add at the deadline. Not sure I like Dorion dealing with Sakic again, but Pageau, Hainsey and dare I say Anderson could help a young team in the playoffs. Landeskog's contract is up after next season. This could be the beginning of their window and they have some nice pieces in the minors and in RFA status that could help the Sens. Plus some ex Leafs parts (3rd and Rosen) and our old friend Bowers that I wouldn't mind adding to the Sens.

I'd rather let Pageau walk than deal with Colorado again.  They won, I get it, but it doesn't mean we have to deal with them or SJ again.  Dorion will get used like a sex doll again.

Plus, I dislike both teams.  Both of them can kiss my Donkey.

Why would we bar ourselves from getting the best possible assets if it’s colorado is offering them in the trade? That’s what we did by not trading with Florida with Hoffman. If anything it’s Dorion that Cussed himself by posing ridiculous restrictions on his trading to begin with. You make the best trade all the time. Point.

Because sakic is a cheap little man and he can stuff his 3rd round right up his Donkey.

EDIT: Obviously though, if they're offering a 2nd and no one else is, you make the deal.  Let me rephrase and say I wouldn't seek out dealing with SJ and Colorado anymore as I believe their GMs are better than Dorion - by a lot.

Well you've just eliminated virtually every team save Minnesota. But even then, Guerin is new and is not responsible for their dung show. Dubas may be the only GM worse than Dorion.

:crossarms:

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:Is it too early to start thinking Neil could hit the 40 goal plateau this year? I mean if he keeps playing on the top two lines he’s surrounded by good set up players. It’s not Impossible.
I don’t have a finger on the pulse of what is being said in Calgary but are the fans still gonna kid themselves about the optics of this trade? We all knew the oilers were likely to come ahead by a little but not by this much! 😳

I wasn't aware that anyone in Calgary thought this was a good trade

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

wprager wrote:Didn't see this discussed much, if at all, but Tavares is out 2 weeks minimum with a broken finger.  Probably longer to get back to playing the way he can. Toronto has the first wildcard spot right now, Islanders and Habs are both 1 point back with a game in hand, Columbus and Florida are 2 back with a game in hand. A loss tonight against Boston combined with any two of those teams winning puts them in a lottery spot.

And this is why I generally shy away from predictions.

But they aren't out of the woods, yet. They were outplayed for the first 60 minutes but Andersen played great and Halak was unlucky? Why was Halak in goal anyway? Division rival and all.

Habs and Panthers both won. Montreal is 1 back with 1 in hand. Both Florida years are 2 back with 1 in hand.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:
wprager wrote:Didn't see this discussed much, if at all, but Tavares is out 2 weeks minimum with a broken finger.  Probably longer to get back to playing the way he can. Toronto has the first wildcard spot right now, Islanders and Habs are both 1 point back with a game in hand, Columbus and Florida are 2 back with a game in hand. A loss tonight against Boston combined with any two of those teams winning puts them in a lottery spot.

But they aren't out of the woods, yet. They were outplayed for the first 60 minutes but Andersen played great and Halak was unlucky? Why was Halak in goal anyway? Division rival and all.

Habs and Panthers both won. Montreal is 1 back with 1 in hand. Both Florida years are 2 back with 1 in hand.

You do this every year, but this is REALLY too early to talk about standings.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Laughing3

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:

You do this every year, but this is REALLY too early to talk about standings.

- Buffalo is leading the Atlantic division, Tampa has been bad, and Florida has underperformed.
- Philly and the Rangers still have time to turn it around in the Met.
- Winnipeg is in a playoff spot but has played 2 more games than Nashville who is only 1 point back.
- Edmonton is ahead of Anaheim and is the best team in the NHL points-wise. San Jose is last in their division.

By American Thanksgiving you'll get a good sense of where teams stand. Right now, standing mean nothing!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The great thing for the Sens this season is how bad San Jose has been so far. Imagine that pick turns into a top-10? Joyous.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

We could use a smile from the hockey gods and win 1-2 I'm the lottery while melnyk sells

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Two top-10's would be amazing. I also wouldn't be adverse to drafting that Russian goalie if he were available with SJ's pick.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

averse
/əˈvərs/
adjective
having a strong dislike of or opposition to something.
"as a former CIA director, he is not averse to secrecy"

adverse
/adˈvərs,ˈadˌvərs/
adjective
preventing success or development; harmful; unfavorable.
"taxes are having an adverse effect on production"

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:averse
/əˈvərs/
adjective

adverse
/adˈvərs,ˈadˌvərs/
adjective

Ugh.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Two top-10's would be amazing. I also wouldn't be adverse to drafting that Russian goalie if he were available with SJ's pick.

I think the time is to go for elite level talent. They passed on Zadina and drafted Tkachuk - which looks like the right move, but the sacrificed a lot of elite level talent to pick Pinto etc. Time to go for forwards who do nothing but score to compliment Tkachuk etc.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:
wprager wrote:averse
/əˈvərs/
adjective

adverse
/adˈvərs,ˈadˌvərs/
adjective

Ugh.

Both apply?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Two top-10's would be amazing. I also wouldn't be adverse to drafting that Russian goalie if he were available with SJ's pick.

I think the time is to go for elite level talent.  They passed on Zadina and drafted Tkachuk - which looks like the right move, but the sacrificed a lot of elite level talent to pick Pinto etc.  Time to go for forwards who do nothing but score to compliment Tkachuk etc.

Pinto has 4 points in 4 games (2g 2a). He's tied for 2nd in team scoring behind JBD who had 5 points. Not a bad start for a freshman.

He and Kaliyev are both listed at 6'2" and ~190 lbs as 18 year olds. Pinto is playing against better competition and appears to be keeping up.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:

I think the time is to go for elite level talent.  They passed on Zadina and drafted Tkachuk - which looks like the right move, but the sacrificed a lot of elite level talent to pick Pinto etc.  Time to go for forwards who do nothing but score to compliment Tkachuk etc.

Pinto has 4 points in 4 games (2g 2a). He's tied for 2nd in team scoring behind JBD who had 5 points. Not a bad start for a freshman.

He and Kaliyev are both listed at 6'2" and ~190 lbs as 18 year olds. Pinto is playing against better competition and appears to be keeping up.

Yeah, fair enough. I just meant that you have your heart and soul guys, it's time for elite level scoring, but that's a catch 22, you have to wait until you win a lottery or two for that.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe not so much in this draft, but there is a huge difference between a top-two and a top-five draft, and draft to draft there are differences. Hischier and Ekblad are not anywhere close to Matthews and McDavid. This is a good draft to be bad.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Maybe not so much in this draft, but there is a huge difference between a top-two and a top-five draft, and draft to draft there are differences. Hischier and Ekblad are not anywhere close to Matthews and McDavid. This is a good draft to be bad.

Yes it is. We'll be the worst team too, I can't imagine anyone being as crappy as what I watched last night, so that puts us at 18% to win the lottery and I don't know the % to be in the top 2, but I guess it's around 40 and 60% to be top 3.

We want top 2 - relatively badly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum