GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+7
Cap'n Clutch
tim1_2
Ev
Lagoon
DefenceWinsChampionships
Flo The Action
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 41 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Guy's in a sophomore slump. A little early in the game to call him a bust, isn't it?

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

He's not a bust yet, but they should have taken Tkachuk all day long. These are the times where Ottawa looks good.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Yeah maybe that's a better representation . Montreal will always regret not taking Tkachuk

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Senators had White, Brown, Pageau, Tierney, Paul, Chlapik and others all playing or ready to be playing center in the NHL. Montreal has been looking for a center with size for a decade. I think the mistake was promoting him to the big club roster right away. He would have been from being in the AHL until he filled out.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Dallas just fired their coach, Jim Montgomery, citing unprofessional conduct.  Can't wait to get the details on that one! Dallas has been having a good year and currently sit in a playoff spot, so it must be pretty serious.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just saw that as well. I bet this had to do with players coming forward. Maybe they already knew about this but with the recent developments could no longer hope to keep it in house.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

There was a divide between the star players and president last season. I wonder if this contributed to that

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Apparently it has nothing to do with current or former stars players. This is likely another casualty of coaching before the NHL. I guess this is putting a lot of coches around the world on Notice. Don’t Diddle yo or you’ll never make the NHL as a coach.
Problème is, it’s probably been like this for a while. The coaching game just got a hell lot harder

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

This has gotten a bit ridiculous when teams have to include a coaches entire life history as part of their "due diligence" before hiring.

- Unknown Author

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:There was a divide between the star players and president last season. I wonder if this contributed to that

Goodness...star players locked into a long contract can get rid of a coach in a heartbeat. What are you gonna do, sit Benn? You're Cussed.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Things are beginning to unravel in San Jose

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Things are beginning to unravel in San Jose

Unfortunately a team usually plays better after dumping their coach.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:

Or nothing can fix them because their GM is a smug bunghole who spent too much on old players and has no goalie?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Or nothing can fix them because their GM is a smug bunghole who spent too much on old players and has no goalie?

Pierre Maguire said the same thing this morning. Their window has closed, they're settled with bad contracts, a bad goalie, and no cap space. Said DeBoer let Karlsson and Burns run wild on the blueline - but it was under the instruction of Bougner. Said he doesn't expect any of their defensive woes to change as he was the defensive coach anyway. Last ditch effort to try and motivate the team to make the playoffs. But SJ is essentially done.

They do have a 7 game homestand so its now or never for them: Rangers, Canucks, Arizona, St. Louis, Vegas, Kings, Philly

I see them going 3-4 at best.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
PTFlea wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Pierre Maguire said the same thing this morning. Their window has closed, they're settled with bad contracts, a bad goalie, and no cap space. Said DeBoer let Karlsson and Burns run wild on the blueline - but it was under the instruction of Bougner. Said he doesn't expect any of their defensive woes to change as he was the defensive coach anyway. Last ditch effort to try and motivate the team to make the playoffs. But SJ is essentially done.

They do have a 7 game homestand so its now or never for them: Rangers, Canucks, Arizona, St. Louis, Vegas, Kings, Philly

I see them going 3-4 at best.

I hope that boat sinks deeper than the titanic

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I feel a bit bad for EK, but here's hoping SJ plummets.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I feel a bit bad for EK, but here's hoping SJ plummets.

I forgot to mention that Maguire also stated he thinks SJ regrets signing EK and that money could have gone to better use elsewhere (ie: Braun, Donskoi, Pavelski, +). He said everyone, including Tampa Bay, thought Karlsson was going to Tampa.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I was very surprised when SJ signed EK to that 8 year contract. It would've been much smarter to walk away at that point. I dunno if they have any hope of trading that contract (probably not)...having buyer's remorse in year one is bad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 41 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 22 ... 40, 41, 42 ... 54 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum