GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What story lines are you looking forward to most this season?

+5
PTFlea
Lagoon
Flo The Action
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 10]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Well I for one hope Brannstrom sticks out like a sore thumb. I hope he pushes for a spot out of camp but I do prefer he start in Belleville. No reason why Belleville can't dominate this year. No point having Brann develop in a losing environment.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Losing environment is overrated imo. Get him nhl experience if he dominates the ahl and prep him for 2 years down the road when we're good.

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I was listening to the interview with Wolanin from yesterday on tsn. That kid has a great attitude and seems very smart. I think he’s really going to try to outdo himself this year. Place himself in the top 4 and try to stay there. I really liked his playlast year. There’s a chance Brannstrom winds up on the right side when he makes the NHL. Pushing zaitsev down or if Demelo gets traded near the deadline(which would be a mistake IMO, I’d keep him)

By the end of the year
Chabot-demelo
Wolanin-Brannstrom
Lajoie-zaitsev
Boro-Jaros as extras or Borotraded with Hainsey at the deadline.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Love wolanin. Expect 40 points this year.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Troy Mann sounded really positive this morning. He knows he's going into the year with a stacked AHL team. Spoke about Brannstrom and had nothing but amazing things to say. Also said some really positive things about Davidsson and Batherson, and said he'd be disappointed if Brown didn't dominate this weekend.

Not sure I'd be thrilled with Brannstrom on the right side tbh but Brannstrom did say in his interview that they used him on the right in Chicago and in Sweden. He is more comfortable on the left side though. Is there potential that Brann is better than Chabot down the road?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Troy Mann sounded really positive this morning. He knows he's going into the year with a stacked AHL team. Spoke about Brannstrom and had nothing but amazing things to say. Also said some really positive things about Davidsson and Batherson, and said he'd be disappointed if Brown didn't dominate this weekend.

Not sure I'd be thrilled with Brannstrom on the right side tbh but Brannstrom did say in his interview that they used him on the right in Chicago and in Sweden. He is more comfortable on the left side though. Is there potential that Brann is better than Chabot down the road?

No. I don’t think their upsides are even comparable. Chabot is much better in my opinion. Think 80 points for Chabot, 65 for Brannstrom.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

So Chabot is Karlsson/Burns level and Brannstrom is Krug level? I actually heard Krug is a very good Brannstrom comparable. Hell I'll take that on my second pairing.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So Chabot is Karlsson/Burns level and Brannstrom is Krug level? I actually heard Krug is a very good Brannstrom comparable. Hell I'll take that on my second pairing.

That's a bang on comparison for Brannstom IMO.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Sounds good to me. Then I expect he'll play his left side and Wolanin will be pushed to bottom pairing.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:So Chabot is Karlsson/Burns level and Brannstrom is Krug level? I actually heard Krug is a very good Brannstrom comparable. Hell I'll take that on my second pairing.

In my opinion, exactly.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Troy Mann sounded really positive this morning. He knows he's going into the year with a stacked AHL team. Spoke about Brannstrom and had nothing but amazing things to say. Also said some really positive things about Davidsson and Batherson, and said he'd be disappointed if Brown didn't dominate this weekend.

I thought I heard that Brannstrom actually liked the right side.

Whatever works and gets us the best defence core tbh. If Brannstrom can learn to play both sides at any time that is a weapon that is great to have.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think he'll play right at some point soon

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He actually said he preferred the left side but doesn't have issues playing the right. He's done it before.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

wprager wrote:He actually said he preferred the left side but doesn't have issues playing the right. He's done it before.

Yes, in Sweden and in Chicago. But he said he'd prefer the left. He's the first injury call-up especially if he can play both sides.

Chabot-De Melo
Wolanin-Zaitsev
Hainsey-Brannstrom
Extra: Jaros, Boro

Hainsey gone at deadline. De Melo re-signed for 2 years, Brann moves to left side paired with Boro full-time next season. JBD full-timer in 3 years, Lassi in 4. Pushes Jaros and/or Zaitsev out.

Chabot-JBD
Brann-Thomson
Wolanin-Zaitsev/Jaros

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Does anyone else keep forgetting we have Hainsey and Zaitsev and Ennis...? Dear lord, how things have changed.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

History has a way of repeating itself. Trading Ceci + for Zaitsev was such a near-sighted move that could bite us in the a$$ similar to Phaneuf. I see him being our 3rd pairing RHD in two seasons from now. I guess his contract isn't a complete albatross but they could have retained Ceci for one more year, traded him at the deadline, and waived Harpur. Connor Brown is a depth forward in Ottawa.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:History has a way of repeating itself. Trading Ceci + for Zaitsev was such a near-sighted move that could bite us in the a$$ similar to Phaneuf. I see him being our 3rd pairing RHD in two seasons from now. I guess his contract isn't a complete albatross but they could have retained Ceci for one more year, traded him at the deadline, and waived Harpur. Connor Brown is a depth forward in Ottawa.
Not a fan of the deal at all. But I remain uncertain about What Brown will bring.
Ottawa seems to value these 3rd liners a lot. They seem to draft them quite a bit.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I will defer to the experience and expertise of the people making these deals and hold off jugement 7ntil15-20 games.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum