GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

What are you most looking forward to?

+7
wprager
LeCaptain
Flo The Action
NEELY
Ev
shabbs
PTFlea
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

What are you most looking forward to?

What are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap20%What are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap20%What are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap2 0% [ 0 ]
What are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap233%What are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap2 33% [ 3 ]
What are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap211%What are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
What are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap222%What are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
What are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap211%What are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap2 11% [ 1 ]
What are you most looking forward to? Vote_lcap222%What are you most looking forward to? Vote_rcap2 22% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What are you most looking forward to? Empty What are you most looking forward to? Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:32 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So, it's September and the Spezza saga is over. The to-do-list is close to being complete, just waiting on Bobby Ryan and the Methot situation to be done.

As for story lines? There are no shortages at all.

Alex Chiasson is about to put on the Senators sweater and take the ice as a member of this team for the first time. He had an impressive rookie season last year, but was hit with a tremendous flu bug that likely cost him ~15/20 points. So the question is, will he come out and be a 45-50 point impact player in our top 6, or is there an adjustment period? This is one to watch for!

Curtis Lazar did absolutely everything right last season. Assistant captained his team to the WHL championship, Memorial Cup and was arguably Team Canada's best player. Now, all he has to do is prove he's ready to play NHL hockey and there's nothing that suggests he's not.

David Legwand's signing came a couple of days after the initial free agent frenzy, but this is a piece to the puzzle that was absolutely integral for the Sens to have success. 1000 games are in Legwand's future, so he'll provide leadership and likely some timely scoring as well.

Erik Karlsson had another monster year points wise last season, but admitted to not being 100%. Now, he's had a great summer of training and is apparently coming in at close to 100%. Should we be excited? Yes.

Jared Cowen needs to have a big comeback year and most think he will. If he hits his stride, it'll be a matter of time before he's Karlsson's wing man. This is a big, big piece of the puzzle should we have success this year.

Bobby Ryan had a sports hernia last season and tried to play through it. This year if he comes in healthy how many goals can we expect? There's no telling, but his success with Turris and MacArthur last year makes it another important story line to watch.

Kyle Turris is about to take his next step. He was the number one C in Ottawa last year, but also had Spezza behind him taking some of the defensive matchups. This year he'll have Zibanejad and Legwand behind him and he'll either flourish or falter slightly. Here's to thinking he'll flourish!

Mark Stone had a very, very impressive 19 games in the NHL last season and he has a spot to lose. Will he take advantage of it again, this time perhaps posting even bigger numbers? Have to think that he'll be very excited.

Robin Lehner is poised to push Anderson to the limit in the quest to be the next Senators starting goalie and after having a statistically average year, he'll be looking to provide even better netminding this season. That said, if the defence plays the way it did last season a brick wall in net would let in a ton of goals.

Mika Zibanejad is probably the most interesting story line of this year IMO. His GM came out and said that he expected him to be the top line C in Ottawa in the very near future and there's absolutely no reason he can't come out and be an effective 1B/2C to Turris this season. He's got size, speed and is an offensive weapon, so let's see it!!

shabbs

shabbs
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

I'm looking forward to seeing how this team starts to redefine itself. Now that we're past the Alfie and Spezza madness, the young kids need to start to put their signature on this team. They need to re-discover an identity.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Definitely.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Mika played in my buddy's beer league team's semi-final game a week ago. They were then disqualified from the playoffs.

NEELY

Mod
Mod

You mean Omar? I know everything.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

i'd say it's stone for me. really looking forward to what he can do for us on a regular basis.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:You mean Omar?  I know everything.

And how would you know that?

LeCaptain

LeCaptain
All-Star
All-Star

Erik Karlsson going 80+ points

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Ev wrote:

He just said he knows everything. Pretty much covers it all.

10What are you most looking forward to? Empty Re: What are you most looking forward to? Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:18 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ev wrote:

All that matters is that I know... and I basically hear and know everything about the Sens in this city Sarcasm

11What are you most looking forward to? Empty Re: What are you most looking forward to? Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:29 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:
Ev wrote:

All that matters is that I know... and I basically hear and know everything about the Sens in this city Sarcasm

I mean do you know him personally? Haha

12What are you most looking forward to? Empty Re: What are you most looking forward to? Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:35 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Nah... I just know the same people I always have.

13What are you most looking forward to? Empty Re: What are you most looking forward to? Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:43 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Nah... I just know the same people I always have.  

I mean My buddy. But I guess this league does vary by age a lot and is run by whoever.

14What are you most looking forward to? Empty Re: What are you most looking forward to? Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 pm

NEELY

Mod
Mod

Ottawa is a very tiny city.

15What are you most looking forward to? Empty Re: What are you most looking forward to? Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:51 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

NEELY wrote:Ottawa is a very tiny city.

It is but you wouldn't know anything about the beer league if an nhl player wasn't playing lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum