GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ottawa Senators (present and past) TIDBITS & QUICK HITS!

+6
Flo The Action
tim1_2
Hockeyhero22000
Ev
Lagoon
PTFlea
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 32 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I did not hear this myself but apparently on 1200 Brannstrom said he preferred playing on the right. Interesting development. No one is talking about Lajoie anymore either.

As I see it the Sens have: Chabot, Ceci, De Melo, Jaros, Wolanin, Lajoie, Boro, Brannstrom, Harpur and potentially Alsing and Ebert all vying for jobs in Ottawa, with 9 of them having realistic chances. At one point does Ottawa trade Harpur, Ceci, Lajoie etc

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I feel a trade or some sort of movement is coming this week with obviously no notable UFA signings. There are just too many assets both offensively and defensively that need to find homes this coming season.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Lajoie might come back after it was revealed he was playing injured and had surgery. I wasn't impressed at all with him, save for a few games to start the year. Extremely redundant dman in our system.

Good for depth I guess

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I agree now. I think if Vegas wasn’t already helped by two teams and Vegas was still desperate and way over the cap, it was plausible.

Yupp. The dream is over. Somehow Dorion is going to get swindled on a Clarkson trade. He'll probably give up a 2nd or something for him straight up. Just kidding. But not really

It’s sad, but you could be right. It is almost getting to a point where Ottawa could be the first team in the history of the salary cap era that actually have to give good assets in exchange for useless players with high salaries, just so they can hit the cap floor.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Lagoon wrote:I agree now. I think if Vegas wasn’t already helped by two teams and Vegas was still desperate and way over the cap, it was plausible.

Yupp. The dream is over. Somehow Dorion is going to get swindled on a Clarkson trade. He'll probably give up a 2nd or something for him straight up. Just kidding. But not really

It’s sad, but you could be right. It is almost getting to a point where Ottawa could be the first team in the history of the salary cap era that actually have to give good assets in exchange for useless players with high salaries, just so they can hit the cap floor.

jeez... that would be a nightmare. you'd think we'd give good assets up for a good young player with some salary due to them and years remaining. young Marner comes to mind(I'm only kidding).

any scenario is possible i guess with Dorion at the helm. but my guess is we're going to throw stupid money at one or two B-level vets on two-year deals.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Looks like Ceci for Zaitsev (and maybe more who knows) in the works

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

That would be the icing on the cake of a cake that already had what we hoped would be it’s last frosting. This entire management needs to go. That includes you DJ Smith. We don’t want whatever relationships you think you had with players in Toronto.

Last edited by Lagoon on Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I disagree personally. Like that trade off since Cecis value is in the tank and we’d most likely get another asset in return (although we shall see). If all Zaitsev provides is what Ceci did, then the 4.5 isn’t terrible considering what Myers is about to make

If they don’t get another asset in return or another upgrade if they trade something else to the leafs then I like it a lot less

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I don’t care what Myers is about to make and who overpays him as long as it isn’t us. That’s someone else’s issue.

Sure, like you said though, I will wait and see if we are getting the + that better accompany this rumoured deal. I have my doubts based on everything Dorion is.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This isn’t shaping up to be a good return. I believe Ceci has way more value than Zaitsev and if you ask me this is again very much about the money since Zaitsev will be paid more than half this year’s salary inBonus on July 1st and this deal will likely be consummated after that bonus is paid.

It’s all about the money....

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I think it would come down to what asset is coming back with zaitsev, but I really don't see why Ottawa would want that contract for an adequate player. I dont see any of the allure.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I have no idea what Cecis value is but it all depends on what he gets for his next contract. If he gets $5 million for 4-6 years then that’s not good. I wouldn’t have minded keeping him for 1-2 years

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

what Ottawa gets in Zaitsev at 2 mill of his cap hit, maybe they even take another roster player off Toronto. Toronto gets a Dman to play on the right side. probably on a one year contract which takes them to FA. maybe they resign him after, maybe they don't. but they wanted someone to come in and be rid of Zaitsev's contract.
that's what I see happening.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:It’s all about the money....

Every single transaction has been lately. The Karlsson deal was so obvious. Cheapest players on SJ combined with longest control of the contracts.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:what Ottawa gets in Zaitsev at 2 mill of his cap hit, maybe they even take another roster player off Toronto. Toronto gets a Dman to play on the right side. probably on a one year contract which takes them to FA. maybe they resign him after, maybe they don't. but they wanted someone to come in and be rid of Zaitsev's contract.
that's what I see happening.

This would just be hilarious if this deal goes through. Ottawa, is the team that didn’t see value in trading for a legit Dman in Miller, hasn’t been one of the two team to help Vegas yet, probably had no clue Subban was available, etc, etc yet we will probably be the team that gives Toronto the space to re-sign Marner.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why would Ottawa have traded for Subban lol . I just mean they ain’t trading for a $9 million player

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

I couldn’t even dream of a scenario where punting Ceci out of Ottawa would be bad for Ottawa. Not even my wildest dreams. I guess I gave Dorion too much credit.

If this deal happens and we don’t get a substantial +, I’m done. Carolina, Colorado, Detroit and the Rangers are calling me.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:Why would Ottawa have traded for Subban lol . I just mean they ain’t trading for a $9 million player

I didn’t say they should trade for him, just that I wouldn’t be surprised if Dorion didn’t have a clue. My hatred for the spineless assclown makes me irrational sometimes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 32 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum