GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoff predictions

+5
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 18]

76Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:16 pm

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

And then there were 14.

77Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Wed Apr 17, 2019 12:02 am

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Unbelievable

78Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:15 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Jesus christ, what has happened. Ya gotta feel good for Nick Foligno, Matt Duchene, and somehow, Jarmo Kekalainen who inexplicably went ALL IN at the trade deadline, squeaked into the playoffs, and now have slayed the biggest giant.

And Pittsburgh goes out in 4? Well, the door is a little more open for the Leafs if they can get past the Bruins.

Oh, and San Jose gets smacked around 5-0. Mark Stone tied with Max Pacioretty for 1st in scoring with TEN points. I still can't believe we traded him, what a Diddle up. EK was a -2 last night. No chance of him resigning in San Jose unless he takes a huge discount.

Imagine is Colorado wins tonight to go up 3-1 on the Flames? We might have the craziest first round ever on our hands here....

79Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Karlsson has been so bad. I assume his groin is still bothering him, but this is a huge red flag. Good thing he's not a UFA...

Tampa bay must be reeling this morning. What the Diddle...I guess you just throw this away as a one in a million and come back next year with a couple of bigger forwards, but this is one of the chokes of all time in the nhl imo.

Pittsburgh I can buy being swept by the isles, they're just like Columbus in that they're young and very aggressive, but Tampa bay...holy cow

80Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:30 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

And sergachev was so weak. Glaring mistakes, pushed off the puck. He has his moments offensively, but he has a lot to learn

81Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:45 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:Karlsson has been so bad.  I assume his groin is still bothering him, but this is a huge red flag.  Good thing he's not a UFA...

Tampa bay must be reeling this morning.   What the Diddle...I guess you just throw this away as a one in a million and come back next year with a couple of bigger forwards, but this is one of the chokes of all time in the nhl imo.

Pittsburgh I can buy being swept by the isles, they're just like Columbus in that they're young and very aggressive, but Tampa bay...holy cow

i totally felt this was the year pitts didnt make it out. a swept is surprising though. sometimes its about the team that's most hungry. The Isles have a huge chip on their shoulder this year. some of that pressure might come off after the first round so who knows if they fizzle out. at least they will be well rested.

there's a lot of interesting storylines this summer around FA. maybe i'm being a Richard but i hope Karlsson signs for less than he was offered. its a good message to send to guys that will go into FA instead of staying on great deals offered. the grass isn't always greener.

as for Tampa, Diddle em'. Tax advantages, great location, great players... still goes to show you that you gotta want it and you can't just buy yourself a winner. that's the NHL. Still the best pro-sport in the world where teams can surprise.

i'm rooting for Columbus and Vegas for here on out(go ex-sens players!). slight penchant for supporting the isles and the jets.

82Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:53 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll go for the isles and Columbus. Except for the draft pick

83Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:35 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

that leafs crowd just got real quiet in a second hahahaha

84Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:14 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PTFlea wrote:I'll go for the isles and Columbus.  Except for the draft pick

Columbus will probably now take a real run at resigning Duchene, which then gets us another 1st round pick.

Poor Calgary. Up 2-0 midway through the 3rd, and then the Avs score 2 to tie it in regulation and then score in OT to go up 3-1 in the series. As a Flames fan, ya gotta be feeling terrible after that.

85Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:50 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:

Columbus will probably now take a real run at resigning Duchene, which then gets us another 1st round pick.

Poor Calgary.  Up 2-0 midway through the 3rd, and then the Avs score 2 to tie it in regulation and then score in OT to go up 3-1 in the series.  As a Flames fan, ya gotta be feeling terrible after that.
Mrather he signs in Columbus than Montreal ... and of course that pick.
I still thinks he tests UFa

86Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:32 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

The end of the leafs game was madness. I thought they'd tie for sure after being down 5 2

87Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:37 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

That's a shame about Calgary.

88Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:56 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

How about Spezza getting back into the lineup and getting a secondary assist on a pretty insignificant goal. Still, Dallas is about to pull off yet another upset in the first round.

89Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:25 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Different playoffs, but how about London blowing a 3-0 series lead and losing in game 7?

90Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:37 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Yep, very bad.

91Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:16 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:

Poor Calgary.  Up 2-0 midway through the 3rd, and then the Avs score 2 to tie it in regulation and then score in OT to go up 3-1 in the series.  As a Flames fan, ya gotta be feeling terrible after that.
Mrather he signs in Columbus than Montreal ... and of course that pick.
I still thinks he tests UFa

I am not so sure. There are only a few teams who are going to want to commit to $9M+ x 7. If Columbus throws on the extra year, Panarin/Bob leave, they will be pretty desperate to sign him. I don't think they're prepared to lose Duchene, Panarin, Dzingel and Bob after stunning the Bolts.

92Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Monahan and Gaudreau need to show up to have a hope of being one of only a handful of teams to come back from a 3 games to 1 deficit.

Nothing tells me that is going to happen. All signs point to them bowing out in 5.

- Unknown Author

93Playoff predictions  - Page 6 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:23 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I haven't watched any of the Calgary series, what's happening?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum