GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

Playoff predictions

+5
Ev
DefenceWinsChampionships
wprager
PTFlea
Flo The Action
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 18]

91Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:16 pm

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I'll go for the isles and Columbus.  Except for the draft pick

Columbus will probably now take a real run at resigning Duchene, which then gets us another 1st round pick.

Poor Calgary.  Up 2-0 midway through the 3rd, and then the Avs score 2 to tie it in regulation and then score in OT to go up 3-1 in the series.  As a Flames fan, ya gotta be feeling terrible after that.
Mrather he signs in Columbus than Montreal ... and of course that pick.
I still thinks he tests UFa

I am not so sure. There are only a few teams who are going to want to commit to $9M+ x 7. If Columbus throws on the extra year, Panarin/Bob leave, they will be pretty desperate to sign him. I don't think they're prepared to lose Duchene, Panarin, Dzingel and Bob after stunning the Bolts.

92Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:37 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Monahan and Gaudreau need to show up to have a hope of being one of only a handful of teams to come back from a 3 games to 1 deficit.

Nothing tells me that is going to happen. All signs point to them bowing out in 5.

93Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:23 pm

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I haven't watched any of the Calgary series, what's happening?

94Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:24 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

PTFlea wrote:I haven't watched any of the Calgary series,  what's happening?  

Colorado has outplayed them most of the series and Calgary has blown late game leads in their two OT losses.

Monahan and Gaudreau are nearly invisible and guys like Compher and Cole are difference makers while Mackinnon, Landeskog and Rantenan are dominating.

Smith has actually not been the problem at all. He's playing really well.

- Unknown Author

95Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:41 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
PTFlea wrote:I haven't watched any of the Calgary series,  what's happening?  

Colorado has outplayed them most of the series and Calgary has blown late game leads in their two OT losses.

Monahan and Gaudreau are nearly invisible and guys like Compher and Cole are difference makers while Mackinnon, Landeskog and Rantenan are dominating.

Smith has actually not been the problem at all. He's playing really well.

I heard McKinnon went beast mode.

There's still time, hopefully they can get going. Tkachuk should be dominating out there

96Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:42 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Also, this playoffs is showing that parity is dominating. No one is guaranteed a thing

97Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Fri Apr 19, 2019 11:30 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jets blow a 2-0 3rd period lead and lose with 15 seconds to go. Wow. I expected the Blues to win but this is ripping the hearts out.

98Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:21 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Jets blow a 2-0 3rd period lead and lose with 15 seconds to go. Wow. I expected the Blues to win but this is ripping the hearts out.

Ouch.

99Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:28 am

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And just like that, another upset with Colorado looking to take Calgary. These playoffs are crazy. And I like it!

100Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:00 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Madness. I don't understand hockey lol

101Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:26 am

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Fun playoffs so far

102Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:15 am

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

They could have still won anyway, but they Toronto goal should not have been allowed

103Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:28 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

If the ruling was that Rask could not have made the save even if there was no interference they need to watch some highlights reels. Almost every goalie in the NHL is able to make that save, occasionally. Elite goalies make it more often.

With "tear-away" goal posts and no goaltender interference minors called any more the forwards are skating in and through the blue paint with impunity. They need to adopt the crease violation rule they have in the IIHF and NCAA.

But that would not have made a difference to the call last night. That was just a wrong call.

104Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:33 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Three series are over and only 2 points earned as Flo was the only one who picked the Islanders (nobody picked Columbus). And nobody picked the Leafs, who could advance Sunday afternoon at home (another 3rd period meltdown would be the cat's meow).

105Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:44 pm

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

What the heck are we gonna do about round 2. I think I might be out already, i guess unless Washington moves on.

106Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:28 pm

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Carolina wins this series.

- Unknown Author

107Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:31 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cap'n Clutch wrote:At this point I wouldn't even be surprised if Carolina wins this series.

I’m hoping they do!

This would be a playoff for the ages!

108Playoff predictions  - Page 7 Empty Re: Playoff predictions Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:32 pm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Three series are over and only 2 points earned as Flo was the only one who picked the Islanders (nobody picked Columbus). And nobody picked the Leafs, who could advance Sunday afternoon at home (another 3rd period meltdown would be the cat's meow).

So I win? Laughing3

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 18]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 18  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum