GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 67]

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I watched the Vancouver/SJ game last night. No question Karlsson is amazing offensively but he's become a pylon defensively.

Yeah, I thought the same.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I watched the Vancouver/SJ game last night. No question Karlsson is amazing offensively but he's become a pylon defensively.

Yeah, I thought the same.

They'll need him to get to the next level in the playoffs, especially if they don't win the division. Could very well be playing one of Vegas or Calgary in the first round

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

It was his first meaningful game (not counting the All Star game) back from injury. He’s been good all year.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:Spooner trades for gagne

So this pretty much Eberle for gagne. Is this a comedy or hockey we’re watching?

I sure do feel bad for Oilers fans.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's not the fans' fault but many of them lorded all those 1st overalls picks over the rest of the league. If I have any friends who cheer for the Oil I feel for them. But overall I can't even come close to being bad. Boo hoo, your big jerk UFA's wife didn't like your city. At least your generational talent stuck around for a few Cup parades before your cheap owner sold him out of town. Your still have the best player in the NHL playing for you.

Sorry. Not sorry.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Can you imagine if Columbus did what they did at the deadline and then miss the playoffs? Hopefully they end up getting in and taking a wildcard spot from Montreal, but it's far from a sure thing. Then they lose Duchene, Panarin, and Bobrovsky to free agency and have two or three mid to late picks in the next draft. Ouch.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Can you imagine if Columbus did what they did at the deadline and then miss the playoffs?  Hopefully they end up getting in and taking a wildcard spot from Montreal, but it's far from a sure thing.  Then they lose Duchene, Panarin, and Bobrovsky to free agency and have two or three mid to late picks in the next draft.  Ouch.

Looking at the standings now, Carolina, Montreal, Pitt, and Columbus are fighting for two spots. It could very well happen. And it probably really is a three team race between Montreal, Pitt, and Columbus. I really can't see Pitt missing out either.

Ottawa play Columbus the last game of the season. They may ultimately be in the position of 'spoiler'.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I would also like to see Columbus make it and Duchene re-signing there.
And would like to see Karl winning a cup and re-signing with San Jose.

Best case scenarios though I imagine none of the above comes true.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, I heard some rumours from San Jose that Karlsson wasn't necessarily getting along with teammates. And he's been injured a bunch there lately. I doubt they resign him.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I would also like to see Columbus make it and Duchene re-signing there.
And would like to see Karl winning a cup and re-signing with San Jose.

Best case scenarios though I imagine none of the above comes true.

I’d like to see Karlsson and Duchene sign with us because Melnyk sells. That’s my best case scenario.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Can you imagine if Columbus did what they did at the deadline and then miss the playoffs?  Hopefully they end up getting in and taking a wildcard spot from Montreal, but it's far from a sure thing.  Then they lose Duchene, Panarin, and Bobrovsky to free agency and have two or three mid to late picks in the next draft.  Ouch.

They’d most likely be losing their GM also if that were the case...

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Hoffman 30 goals. That can finally be put to bed now.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, I heard some rumours from San Jose that Karlsson wasn't necessarily getting along with teammates.  And he's been injured a bunch there lately.  I doubt they resign him.

Honest question: who is gonna shell out 8 years and 11 mil for him this summer? Or 7 years I guess.

He's easily broken and losing steps left right and center

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah, Karlsson's value has taken a hit here unless he comes back and has a good playoff. Hard to imagine anyone giving him a massive 7 year deal, but I could see him getting big money on a 4 or 5 year contract.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Curtis Lazar, who has actually been having a good season in the AHL, was recalled recently by Calgary and will be a healthy scratch today.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Kekalainen proposes they have one minute penalties for OT at the GM meeting.
I think that makes a lot of sense. At this point you get a penalty it’s often the nail in the coffin. Narrowing it to one minute might give a team a fighting chance

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Karlsson's value has taken a hit here unless he comes back and has a good playoff. Hard to imagine anyone giving him a massive 7 year deal, but I could see him getting big money on a 4 or 5 year contract.

He'll probably want term given his injury history. Again, I feel like the Sens won this trade.

I too heard rumors that he wasn't well liked in the SJ room. SJ also seems to play better without him in the lineup.

My guess is still Tampa on a 7 year deal. My guess if he takes a 'discount' to play there. Likely in the Kucherov range. Taxes are far less and it will help with his image (and hurt Ottawa's)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe no the right forum for this, but I think Calgary and Winnipeg will both be upset in the first round. Winnipeg is grossly overrated and Calgary's goaltending will be their downfall. Should have made stronger pushes for Stone and Anderson.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum