GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Kekalainen proposes they have one minute penalties for OT at the GM meeting.
I think that makes a lot of sense. At this point you get a penalty it’s often the nail in the coffin. Narrowing it to one minute might give a team a fighting chance

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

tim1_2 wrote:Yeah, Karlsson's value has taken a hit here unless he comes back and has a good playoff. Hard to imagine anyone giving him a massive 7 year deal, but I could see him getting big money on a 4 or 5 year contract.

He'll probably want term given his injury history. Again, I feel like the Sens won this trade.

I too heard rumors that he wasn't well liked in the SJ room. SJ also seems to play better without him in the lineup.

My guess is still Tampa on a 7 year deal. My guess if he takes a 'discount' to play there. Likely in the Kucherov range. Taxes are far less and it will help with his image (and hurt Ottawa's)

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Maybe no the right forum for this, but I think Calgary and Winnipeg will both be upset in the first round. Winnipeg is grossly overrated and Calgary's goaltending will be their downfall. Should have made stronger pushes for Stone and Anderson.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Maybe no the right forum for this, but I think Calgary and Winnipeg will both be upset in the first round. Winnipeg is grossly overrated and Calgary's goaltending will be their downfall. Should have made stronger pushes for Stone and Anderson.

I can see that happening but I could see anybody making it in the West. Literally anyone.

Don't see how Anderson would help anyone right now.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Maybe no the right forum for this, but I think Calgary and Winnipeg will both be upset in the first round. Winnipeg is grossly overrated and Calgary's goaltending will be their downfall. Should have made stronger pushes for Stone and Anderson.

I can see that happening but I could see anybody making it in the West. Literally anyone.

Don't see how Anderson would help anyone right now.

I think Anderson might've been a decent option to come in as a backup and insurance for a playoff run. His playoff performances have been spectacular. It would've been risky though.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Yeah I really don’t know how the west shakes out. It might all depend on who comes in hot.
I might be developing a little positive bias towards Vegas though. I Believe Stone can help this team in the playoffs become better defensively when it counts.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Columbus and Pittsburgh playing a back to back series against each other. Could have huge playoff implications if either teams sweep these games

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Columbus and Pittsburgh playing a back to back series against each other. Could have huge playoff implications if either teams sweep these games

I am not sure if I'd like to see Columbus make or miss the playoffs.

- If they make it in maybe there's a chance they'll re-sign Duchene (next year's 1st rd and a later 1st rd pick this year)

-or-

-If they miss it then chances are the Sens get the 15th or so pick this year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Regardless of whether they make it or not they will likely push hard to re-sign him, since that are losing Panarin.

So miss, re-sign, miss again is the best scenario.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

NHL draft lottery is on April 9th this year. Much earlier than previous years. That’s the day I have my vasectomy and I learn Colorado will draft Hughes. Basically getting my balls mutilated twice in vastly different ways.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:NHL draft lottery is on April 9th this year. Much earlier than previous years. That’s the day I have my vasectomy and I learn Colorado will draft Hughes. Basically getting my balls mutilated twice in vastly different ways.

Jesus lol. Good luck.

I’d rather Colorado win 1st tbh. Even though I think Hughes is on Hischier level as a 1st overall

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Dr Weiss doesn't mutilate balls. Doesn't really touch them.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:NHL draft lottery is on April 9th this year. Much earlier than previous years. That’s the day I have my vasectomy and I learn Colorado will draft Hughes. Basically getting my balls mutilated twice in vastly different ways.

Jesus lol. Good luck.

I’d rather Colorado win 1st tbh. Even though I think Hughes is on Hischier level as a 1st overall

Thank you.

I know we have Tkachuk and he’s been much better than I thought, but I still can’t get over the decision to use 2018’s pick if what we are seeing now with every decision they’ve made being part of their “plan”

It just makes no sense. Even if we use only one sole factor of C’s in 2019 versus W’s (Tkachuk) in 2018.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ouch.

Highest chance they have at 1st overall is 18 percent, so who knows.

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Jesus lol. Good luck.

Thank you.

I know we have Tkachuk and he’s been much better than I thought, but I still can’t get over the decision to use 2018’s pick if what we are seeing now with every decision they’ve made being part of their “plan”

It just makes no sense. Even if we use only one sole factor of C’s in 2019 versus W’s (Tkachuk) in 2018.

I'll hold steady in my opinion that I'd take Tkachuk over everyone else after #2 this year. He's going to be a Benn style beast.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:
Lagoon wrote:
Ev wrote:

Jesus lol. Good luck.

Thank you.

I'll hold steady in my opinion that I'd take Tkachuk over everyone else after #2 this year. He's going to be a Benn style beast.

There’s no denying what Tkachuk is right now not to mention what he might be. He might be better than his brother.
And at this crossroads I think he’s our future captain by the end of next season(see other thread)

It’s impossible to know last year where this year would fall but only due to the lottery. For sure at the time of the draft last year I would have waived the pick to Colorado. I think the optics to not waive that pick was just trying to send a message to fans about selling tickets. Total disconnect from management.

That said, Tkachuk is an excellent pick and yes, if we wind up out of the top two it is a fine pick.
Especially after the season we’ve had, the Uber “incident” and the reaction from players involved to the loss of stone we need a player like Tkachuk to take this team and lead it.

The culture of this team is wide open. This will be the difference between become the oilers of the past 10years or building a strong core that bonds as a team.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

And who knows really how good Hughes is going to be. There is a risk that he becomes RNH or Hischier type first. In that case you’d want Tkachuk to head this team.

We may not have a clear legit top 15 number 1C in our prospect pool the way that a Glass might have been but we may draft one anyhoot this year or next. We do have enough Future C’s To develop into a solid team though.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Evander Kane lost his 26 week old baby. No words.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 44 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum