GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 67]

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

And let's not forget Mike Yeo yesterday (?) replaced by Berube.

4 before US Thanksgiving.

PTFlea

Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:McLellan done. Hitch covers out of retirement to take over as Oilers coach.

Oof, Hitchcock coaching in Edmonton...

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

It's funny that Chiarelli somehow continues to be allowed to be the GM of the Oilers.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:It's funny that Chiarelli somehow continues to be allowed to be the GM of the Oilers.

There’s no way he’d have that much leeway had he not won the cup in Boston.

He’s done a horrendous job in Edmonton.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:It's funny that Chiarelli somehow continues to be allowed to be the GM of the Oilers.

One of the terrible moves he made that I forgot about was trading a 1st and 2nd round pick to the Islanders for Griffen Reinhart (who was then taken in the expansion draft and has 2 goals in the AHL this year).

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Ouch, yeah

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Hitch barely wins in his debut. Usually players are embarrassed when the coach is fired and win the first game. There's still a ton of work left, and you've got to wonder how much the players will be listening to Hitch when he doesn't have a contract for next season.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Trochek has a fractured ankle. They think he'll be back before the season is over. How effective he will be is a different story.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Crosby set to return after missing 3. Problem is the Penguins have been guano for a lot longer than that.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

wprager wrote:Trochek has a fractured ankle.  They think he'll be back before the season is over. How effective he will be is a different story.

He sounds like he got really lucky

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

One of the terrible moves he made that I forgot about was trading a 1st and 2nd round pick to the Islanders for Griffen Reinhart (who was then taken in the expansion draft and has 2 goals in the AHL this year).

That in itself should be a fireable offence.

Maybe some scout did get his job taken away on that one.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Is the poll (how many points will Chabot get) from last year or this year? He's on pace for 90+ points, more than a quarter way through the season. And I honestly think Rielly will cool off - his shooting percentage is over 14.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Pretty sure that poll is from last year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

I think we need another poll.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Is the poll (how many points will Chabot get) from last year or this year? He's on pace for 90+ points, more than a quarter way through the season. And I honestly think Rielly will cool off - his shooting percentage is over 14.

I think Rielly benefits from being the D man on the team. Unless those guys up front cool off, he might have an incredible year.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

He's shooting at nearly 15%, which is not sustainable. Sure, the assists will keep going but the goals are likely to cool off.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Pageau was skating in a non contact jersey. He's on the road trip with the team but there is no so scheduled time yet.

Pyatt is on the top line (Duchene, Batherson). Boucher said this was to improve the line's defensive responsibility. Pyatt's defensive numbers are bad. Possibly worse than his offensive stats, and that's saying something.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I can't believe that re Pyatt. He was on the ice yesterday for one shot attempt for and 20 against

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 39 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum