GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 67]

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Tavares - $11M
Marner - $10M
Matthews - $12M
Nylander - $8M
Total: $41M

Awful defence, average goaltending.

If I am Dubas I am loading up this year to win a cup with a bunch of rentals. Otherwise it won't be doable given the salaries of some of these players.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Toronto looks very much like a President's Trophy team that will be done in the second round, if not the first. They would need Anderssen to be nice and fresh for the playoffs but without a decent backup (and giving up a ton of shots each night) he will be over-worked.

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Matheson "hit" on Petersson:

https://www.tsn.ca/department-of-player-safety-reviewing-matheson-s-hit-on-pettersson-1.1191458

Petersson turned Matheson inside out a few seconds earlier and he didn't like it. So he got him against the boards (possibly a little late) but then soaked him down onto the ice, WWF style. No other called on the play. Petersson was wobbly and fell down when he first tried to get up, then needed some assistance going down the corridor.

I'm not a doctor but that's a concussion for sure. Matheson will have a hearing.

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

wprager wrote:Matheson "hit" on Petersson:

https://www.tsn.ca/department-of-player-safety-reviewing-matheson-s-hit-on-pettersson-1.1191458

Petersson turned Matheson inside out a few seconds earlier and he didn't like it. So he got him against the boards (possibly a little late) but then soaked him down onto the ice, WWF style. No other called on the play. Petersson was wobbly and fell down when he first tried to get up, then needed some assistance going down the corridor.

I'm not a doctor but that's a concussion for sure.  Matheson will have a hearing.

Matheson should get suspended not necessarily for the hit it didnt look too bad a bit late but the throwing down the the ice was such a stupid thing to do nothing but intentional and that stupid type of thing needs to get out of the game

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

"soaked him down"? Thanks, keyboard. That was supposed to be "slammed him down".

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Heard last night Nylander for Spurgeon and Neiderreiter is the rumored trade out there. Not a good deal for both sides IMO

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Leafs can't afford Nylander so they taste back $10M in the trade?

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Heard last night Nylander for Spurgeon and Neiderreiter is the rumored trade out there. Not a good deal for both sides IMO

That is a wonderful haul for nylander.  Boy...

EDIT:...I'm second guessing myself. It's a good haul, but I had forgotten Nylander is only 22.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The one thing I am sure of is that any trade involving Nylander will include a decent defenceman coming back to Toronto.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don’t think Nylander is getting traded. But If he did, i don’t think that’s the deal I’m looking for.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nylander for Ceci.

Hey, it's past the 17th. It could happen!

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I wonder when the Blackhawks try to do something significant. Do they try and hold on to being a "contender", or is it rebuild time, or something in between.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Oh man. Anything the Hawks do would need to include Kane or Keith but they're the definition of cap hell right now. LA isn't much better

Cap'n Clutch

Cap'n Clutch
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Tavares - $11M
Marner - $10M
Matthews - $12M
Nylander - $8M

If I am Dubas I am loading up this year to win a cup with a bunch of rentals. Otherwise it won't be doable given the salaries of some of these players.

Sounds a lot like Edmonton when they were loaded up front and defense and goaltending were an afterthought.

Edit: I do believe the Leafs goaltending is a little better than average though.

- Unknown Author

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

Karlsson with 1 assist, -3 last night. Brings his total to 5 assists, -7 on the year. He has the worst +/- on the team. Hertl is a -4. All other d-men are even or +. Tied for fifth worst in the league

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

LA seems to be unraveling quite fast. A few large contracts but with shorter terms on them. I wonder if Toronto tries to make a play for Doughty. They could put together a blockbuster which sees them moving a few contracts out while helping out LA with their cap and depth issues.

To Toronto: Doughty, Carter (~ $16M)
To LA: Nylander, Kadri, Zaitsev, picks (~ $17M)

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Cap'n Clutch wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Tavares - $11M
Marner - $10M
Matthews - $12M
Nylander - $8M

Sounds a lot like Edmonton when they were loaded up front and defense and goaltending were an afterthought.

Edit:  I do believe the Leafs goaltending is a little better than average though.

Plus there's the Babcock factor.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:Karlsson with 1 assist, -3 last night. Brings his total to 5 assists, -7 on the year. He has the worst +/- on the team. Hertl is a -4. All other d-men are even or +. Tied for fifth worst in the league

Karlsson is adjusting to everything new. And not adjusting very well, so far. Still early but, honestly, I expected him to do much better.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 37 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum