GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 67]

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:All star week blows

Literally nothing going on this weekend sports-wise, so it was just a very happy coincidence that my wife wanted to go see Bryan Adams in Montreal!

Lagoon

Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Keep in mind, it's very hard to judge Dorion based on what's happened in Ottawa, because there are a lot of other factors at play (i.e. the whole Karlsson/Hoffman thing and Uncle Euge looming large over the whole organization).
True... but his lack of backbone to Melnyk isn’t a shinning indication of the man he is

Well, if he stands up to Melnyk, he gets canned.  No sense in doing that.

No sense in having respect for yourself?

Flo The Action

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This all star break Be like...

tumbleweed

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Muzzin to the leafs. Youfigured they’d be doing something like this.
I haven’t watched LA Ina while. Is he still as good as he once was? I’m not sure he’s the top 2 D man they’re looking for. Definitely didn’t cost him a piece theyneeded. I guess that’s that.

It will be interesting to see who else LA sells off. Pretty clear indication they’re gonna rebuild.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

So Muzzin was statistically LA's best d-man. He's from the Toronto area and sounded really fired up to be going there, so this could work out quite well for Toronto.

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Muzzin to the leafs. Youfigured they’d be doing something like this.
I haven’t watched LA Ina while. Is he still as good as he once was? I’m not sure he’s the top 2 D man they’re looking for. Definitely didn’t cost him a piece theyneeded. I guess that’s that.

It will be interesting to see who else LA sells off. Pretty clear indication they’re gonna rebuild.

Muzzin has been arguably the Kings best Dman this season. Sadly, people are about to realize the Muzzin is the one that won Doughty his Norris.

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

When Muzzin was traded all the analysts kept saying how he's comfortable playing either side (both he and Rielly are lefties). Yesterday someone quoted Sutter saying that Muzzin never played the right side.

This is *not* a 500ft upper decker that someone from TSN or Sportsnet called it. It's an improvement over Hainsey on the top pairing but not a huge one.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:When Muzzin was traded all the analysts kept saying how he's comfortable playing either side (both he and Rielly are lefties). Yesterday someone quoted Sutter saying that Muzzin never played the right side.

This is *not*  a 500ft upper decker that someone from TSN or Sportsnet called it. It's an improvement over Hainsey on the top pairing but not a huge one.

Yeah, and it's tough to judge how a player will perform on a different team. That said, they get Muzzin for another year after this at the sweet cap hit of $4M, so that's pretty nice for them. He's also got a bunch of playoff experience.

If I were a fan of the Leafs, I'd be pretty psyched with this trade.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Panarin hires third agent.

Kinda weird. I mean, it’s a pretty simple situation. Doesn’t want to stay in Columbus, pretty much has to start a bidding war in the off season. What the heck else is Panarin expecting? What are we missing here?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Carlyle fired... and Murray as interim coach.

Usually when GMs step in as interims you gotta think they are themselves on the hot seat (BM the exception).

Wondering if Murray doesn’t get canned in the summer. He’s been the GM there for ages.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Bob Murray signed a 2-year extension with Anaheim in December, so I doubt he gets canned, but you never know.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nate tompson and 5th rounder to the Habs for a fourth rounder.
Cheap enough move. Kings clear outsalary and Habs gets depth.

This will likely be the extent of moves by the Habs.
I bet they will throw a boat load of cash towards Duchene this summer to try to get him to Montreal. They have a lot of cap space.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Nylander with 3 goals, 1q points in 28 games.... loving it hahaha

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Spooner trades for gagne

So this pretty much Eberle for gagne. Is this a comedy or hockey we’re watching?

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

I watched the Vancouver/SJ game last night. No question Karlsson is amazing offensively but he's become a pylon defensively.

PTFlea

PTFlea
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I watched the Vancouver/SJ game last night. No question Karlsson is amazing offensively but he's become a pylon defensively.

Yeah, I thought the same.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

PTFlea wrote:
DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:I watched the Vancouver/SJ game last night. No question Karlsson is amazing offensively but he's become a pylon defensively.

Yeah, I thought the same.

They'll need him to get to the next level in the playoffs, especially if they don't win the division. Could very well be playing one of Vegas or Calgary in the first round

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

It was his first meaningful game (not counting the All Star game) back from injury. He’s been good all year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 43 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum