GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

General Hockey Talk - Injuries, signings, factoids + other news from around the league

+9
Hockeyhero22000
PTFlea
Cap'n Clutch
DefenceWinsChampionships
spader
Oglethorpe
tim1_2
Flo The Action
wprager
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I would take Spooner if we shipped out salary the other way. Like Smith.

Ev

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:
Hockeyhero22000 wrote:Edmonton put ty Rattle and Spooner on waivers today. Sens put Falk on waivers as well

Weird that they waived them both. They must be trying to clear cap space for a bigger move?  

Surprised they didn't approach Ottawa for Smith. 1 for 1 for Spooner. Would have probably been a good move for both sides.

sorry I didn't see you already mentioned Smith. They likely are seeing if anyone will take the salary away for nothing. Then if he isn't claimed, they would have to take salary back in a trade.

DefenceWinsChampionships

All-Star
All-Star

For sure. Smith makes more and seems to be well-liked by both Duchene and Stone so maybe this is off the table. But this would be a good trade for both teams.

Not sure what the Edmonton BoD is doing but they continue to allow Chiarelli to make bad decisions. $4.5M to a goalie who has only appeared in 31 games? Yikes. He's going to trade their 1st rounder and miss the playoffs too. Disaster looming in Edmonton.

Boedker could make sense for Spooner as well. Bit more of a cap hit for Edmonton however.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

DefenceWinsChampionships wrote:For sure. Smith makes more and seems to be well-liked by both Duchene and Stone so maybe this is off the table. But this would be a good trade for both teams.

Not sure what the Edmonton BoD is doing but they continue to allow Chiarelli to make bad decisions. $4.5M to a goalie who has only appeared in 31 games? Yikes. He's going to trade their 1st rounder and miss the playoffs too. Disaster looming in Edmonton.

Boedker could make sense for Spooner as well. Bit more of a cap hit for Edmonton however.

Spooner gets moved around quite a bit. Why would you want him here?
Boedker’s name hasn’t surfaced much in rumour mills but he should.

I sincerely hope they keep chichi around longer. I’d like Ottawa to win a cup before the oil ever does and that’s one way of getting there... Sarcasm

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Sadly Chichi just fired. Will he ever be a GM again?

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

Flo The Action wrote:Sadly Chichi just fired. Will he ever be a GM again?

Just like when Dorion gets fired, never again in the NHL in my opinion.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I can't see anyone hiring Chiarelli. How do you go in to an interview with a straight face and try to explain why you should have another GM position with his record?

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I don't see Chiarelli or Dorion ever being GM, but I think Chiarelli's track record will allow him to be something and still make a good amount of money. I wouldn't mind him coming to Ottawa as an assistant or something.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:I don't see Chiarelli or Dorion ever being GM, but I think Chiarelli's track record will allow him to be something and still make a good amount of money. I wouldn't mind him coming to Ottawa as an assistant or something.

I’m not sure. I think Chiarelli will need a drastic change in philosophy to get a job. As for Dorion he’ll never need worry, teams will welcome him open arm as part of their scouting department if not to direct it.

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Keep in mind, it's very hard to judge Dorion based on what's happened in Ottawa, because there are a lot of other factors at play (i.e. the whole Karlsson/Hoffman thing and Uncle Euge looming large over the whole organization).

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:Keep in mind, it's very hard to judge Dorion based on what's happened in Ottawa, because there are a lot of other factors at play (i.e. the whole Karlsson/Hoffman thing and Uncle Euge looming large over the whole organization).
True... but his lack of backbone to Melnyk isn’t a shinning indication of the man he is

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Flo The Action wrote:
tim1_2 wrote:Keep in mind, it's very hard to judge Dorion based on what's happened in Ottawa, because there are a lot of other factors at play (i.e. the whole Karlsson/Hoffman thing and Uncle Euge looming large over the whole organization).
True... but his lack of backbone to Melnyk isn’t a shinning indication of the man he is

Well, if he stands up to Melnyk, he gets canned. No sense in doing that.

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Well, if he stands up to Melnyk, he gets canned.  No sense in doing that.
BM didn’t get canned.

Of course I don’t have an insight into what the org is doing internally but things have changed a whole lot since the change in GM

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

All star week blows

Hockeyhero22000

Hockeyhero22000
Veteran
Veteran

Agreed

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Ev wrote:All star week blows

Literally nothing going on this weekend sports-wise, so it was just a very happy coincidence that my wife wanted to go see Bryan Adams in Montreal!

Lagoon

Lagoon
Veteran
Veteran

tim1_2 wrote:
Flo The Action wrote:

Well, if he stands up to Melnyk, he gets canned.  No sense in doing that.

No sense in having respect for yourself?

Flo The Action

Flo The Action
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

This all star break Be like...

tumbleweed

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 67]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 42 ... 67  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum