GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RedBlacks 2018 Season

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

16RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:34 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Well it's a good thing they clinched a playoff spot last week (while losing). Not a great outing yesterday. Barely holding on to first in the East (same record as the TiCats who have scored more points she given up fewer - I guess point differential is not the first time breaker.

17RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:55 am

wprager

Administrator
Administrator

Season saving roughing the kicker call.

Seriously, there RedBlacks take a lot of penalties, but last night they finally got the calls going their way.

Gutsy win. lucky, too. Ward with the longest FG streaking pro football. Wonder if he's NFL bound next year.

Legit question, is it just as easy to kick a smaller ball? You can probably kick it longer (smaller mass) but accuracy may be more difficult. But it's probably one of the more transferable skills between the leagues.

18RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:10 am

tim1_2

Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I watched the second half of the Redblacks game. It was very entertaining. Way too many penalties, but most of them actually seemed legit. Almost every second play had some sort of penalty on it.

Much like Maher last year going from Ottawa to Dallas, I could easily see Ward moving on to the NFL next season. The guy has been incredible, and kicking in the CFL is no joke with some of the outdoor stadiums.

19RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Oct 21, 2018 2:44 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

52 yards for the record is no chip shot. Wind behind him, but it was swirling, too.

20RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:21 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Banks is out with a broken collarbone. That greatly improves the RedBlacks' chances to clinch the top spot in Hamilton. And if not this weekend, the last game of the season is against the Argos.

Best case scenario they win in Hamilton, then rest the vets against Toronto. Then the bye to the Eastern Finals will give them 2 full weeks to rest and recover.

21RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:53 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Huge game today at 4. Powell is banged up and Made will get his first start at running back. Go Mossis, part that defence.

For Hamilton, Banks is done, which is huge. Not just for trying to finish on top of the East but for their playoff hopes, too. Masoli may be having an MOP season but without Banks it will get a lot tougher.

A win by the RedBlacks will give them top spot in the East, a guaranteed home playoff game, and likely an extra week off for some of the veterans.

22RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Winnipeg beat Calgary last night, which eliminated Edmonton (Grey Cup is in Edmonton this year). The once unbeatable Stampeders have lost 3 in a row and are just 2 points up on Saskatchewan.

It's all up to BC who play the Roughriders today and the Stamps next week. If they lose in the road tonight then win in their last home game of the season the Stampeders will finish second, miss the bye to the Western finals, and have to go into the playoffs on a 4 game losing skid.

23RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:42 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

That was a bit of a statement game. The statement was: Jeremiah Masoli can't throw when the weather is bad. I know his favorite target is done for the season but the number of times he threw way over their heads or behind our way too far ahead, Banks couldn't have caught many of those balls.

24RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:23 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Roughriders did their job and best the Lions. They aren't now finished with the regular season (last week is a bye). Collaros took a big helmet got to the hear and was taken out. If the Lions win their last game at home next week against the Stampeders then Collaros will have 3 weeks before he has to play again.

25RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:45 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:That was a bit of a statement game. The statement was: Jeremiah Masoli can't throw when the weather is bad. I know his favorite target is done for the season but the number of times he threw way over their heads or behind our way too far ahead, Banks couldn't have caught many of those balls.

Also, the penalties. Hamilton took bad penalties at bad times, particularly in the first half, if memory serves. It was fun watching the game through the rain-splattered lens.

26RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:15 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Water on the lens was ridiculous. The camera for the endzone angle must have been far away and dry, because from that one you couldn't even tell it was raining. I kept thinking they were showing clips from last week's game

27RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wow, what a beat down the TiCats put on the Lions in the Eastern semis.

28RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:53 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Huge game coming up. I don't feel very confident because beating a team 4 times in one year is very difficult. Would have preferred some bad weather, either wind or precipitation. Masoli does not do well in bad weather.

29RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

The field is frozen. But it's gone up to -3 and if the sun makes an appearance it'll go up even more.

30RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:56 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Just my luck, I've got to drive to Montreal. I should have the radio most of the way.

31RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:19 pm

SeawaySensFan

SeawaySensFan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

wprager wrote:Just my luck, I've got to drive to Montreal. I should have the radio most of the way.

As someone who drives the 417 daily, I'm sad to report that SPORTS1200 cuts out around Casselman.

32RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:46 pm

Ev

Ev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

How dumb is the cfl for putting games on NfL Sunday? This should have been played yesterday

33RedBlacks 2018 Season - Page 2 Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:57 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Guess I was worried for nothing. Harris with a record 6 touchdowns. Masoli, the East Division MOP of intercepted 3 times. Blowout win.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum