GM Hockey
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
GM Hockey

You are not connected. Please login or register

RedBlacks 2018 Season

4 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty RedBlacks 2018 Season Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Nice way to open the season. Duron Carter couldn't cash the cheque his mouth was writing. Or whatever that expression is.

Nice to see the defence step it up with a few interceptions and sacks.

2RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:50 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

They may lead the East at 3-2, and their only losses were to the best team in the league, but this team is struggling. If not for the D and their Hobbit kicker and some favorable calls (finally) they don't win that game last night.

But win it they did.

3RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:15 pm

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

The CFL is hard to watch sometimes. Weird penalties and really inconsistent play.

4RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:54 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

tim1_2 wrote:The CFL is hard to watch sometimes.  Weird penalties and really inconsistent play.
Did you see the one last night? RedBlacks about to punt from deep in their end, but the BC player who stopped the drive was too busy taunting the Ottawa bench. The benches are side by side and he was over at the other bench running his mouth off.

So the drive continued and they ended up with a field goal. Wally Buono almost killed him.

5RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:20 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Huge game at 4. RedBlacks are 3-2, 2 points ahead of the 2-3 TiCats. A win this afternoon would put them 4 points, and while that would not be an insurmountable lead by any stretch, it may just be enough.

Tyries Hebert said a mouthful a couple days ago. He doesn't like Masoli, the city of Hamilton stinks, their uniforms are ugly and Simoni Lawrence is over-rated and likes to talk.

Get yer popcorn.

6RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:37 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Wasn't pretty, but a win is a win. On the road, against a divisional opponent. Lewis Ward, a rookie kicker, with 7 field goals to provide all the scoring.

7RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:48 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Jerome Messum arrested for voyeurism, released by the RoughRiders and the league issued a statement saying they won't approve him signing with any team.

8RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Thu Aug 02, 2018 12:49 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Game Day!

RedBlacks in TO to face a third stringer named McLeod Bethel-Thompson.

9RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:26 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Embarrassing loss last night. The defense have up 35 points in the second half, losing it by 1 point on a last second touchdown.

I guess it's "Go Johnny Go" tonight. Montreal will start Johnny Manziel against Hamilton. If the Alouettes win we will have 3 teams in the East with 2-5 records, behind the RedBlacks at 4-3.

10RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:44 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Woof, that was not pretty on Saturday, but a win is a win. Harris had himself a terrific game, completing 44 passes (2nd highest one game total all-time, one behind Hank). And if they weren't tired on their last drive and trying to manage the clock they night have thrown it a couple times more. Or that perfect throw that Spencer dropped, probably would have gone for a TD and certainly round have gotten Harris over 500 in the air.

Still 1st in the East and building on that lead. But still pissed about the loss to the Argos the week before.

11RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:05 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Quite the statement game from the RedBlacks. They can enjoy their bye week after destroying the Bombers. Powell is saying "Andrew Harris who?"

12RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Fri Sep 28, 2018 5:18 pm

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

It's been a while. 2 bad games followed by a crucial win over the Eskimos. Still having trouble in the red zone, though, with Ward picking up another 7 field goals to run his steak to 36 (previous single season record was 33; the next one is the consecutive streak of 39 that spanned two seasons).  

Interestingly the Stampeders could clinch a playoff berth with a win against the Argos this weekend. I thinks the RedBlacks have a little longer to go to clinch.

13RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:34 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Well it's a good thing they clinched a playoff spot last week (while losing). Not a great outing yesterday. Barely holding on to first in the East (same record as the TiCats who have scored more points she given up fewer - I guess point differential is not the first time breaker.

14RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:55 am

wprager

wprager
Administrator
Administrator

Season saving roughing the kicker call.

Seriously, there RedBlacks take a lot of penalties, but last night they finally got the calls going their way.

Gutsy win. lucky, too. Ward with the longest FG streaking pro football. Wonder if he's NFL bound next year.

Legit question, is it just as easy to kick a smaller ball? You can probably kick it longer (smaller mass) but accuracy may be more difficult. But it's probably one of the more transferable skills between the leagues.

15RedBlacks 2018 Season Empty Re: RedBlacks 2018 Season Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:10 am

tim1_2

tim1_2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

I watched the second half of the Redblacks game. It was very entertaining. Way too many penalties, but most of them actually seemed legit. Almost every second play had some sort of penalty on it.

Much like Maher last year going from Ottawa to Dallas, I could easily see Ward moving on to the NFL next season. The guy has been incredible, and kicking in the CFL is no joke with some of the outdoor stadiums.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum